Chapter 31: We Had a Boss Fight
1.6k 3 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Let’s go!” I exclaimed, and we moved to action. I ran to the boss head-on with the Conductor in hand while Dhalia flew to the side. The goblin king raised his club overhead to strike me down.

Concentrate … “Dhalia!” I yelled while continuing my run … with eyes tightly shut.

“Blinding Flash!”

Using my sensory magic to be my secondary eyes, I picked up Dhalia flying right up to the goblin king’s face before she unleashed her spell.

The boss cried in shock midway his attack, blinded by the bright light. The tree club hit the ground, shaking the place. I picked up speed in the nick of time to avoid it, and I ran right to the boss’ stubby, stout legs.

I prepped my Conductor with mana while focusing on a wind magic spell called Aerial Slice. Upon swing, it unleashes a thin, sharp piece of pressure cutting through the air and slash the target. Its effectiveness depends on a variety of factors.

In my case, the Aerial Slice went right through the goblin king’s thick leg, severing it clean.

The goblin king roared in pain and confusion. The opening he made after attacking left him unbalanced. He fell to all fours … or technically ‘threes’ in his case and was completely vulnerable.

“Sarise!”

“Take this, you cretin!” she exclaimed while flying right up to the goblin king.

He looked up right as Sarise delivered a flying uppercut to the chin. The impactful force was enough to knock off one of the two large canines sticking out from the lower jaw, sent his body right back up, and crashed into the wall before sliding to sitting on the ground.

“Just a little more! Sarise! Take me up to his head!”

“Yes, Master!”

Sarise swooped in and took me off the ground by the waist. She carried me over to the boss’ head, and at my command, dropped me at the top.

I put my Gravity Magic to work, keeping myself stable while standing on his head, before I crouched down and stabbed both of his eyes with the Conductor. The boss roared in pain and rage, taking both of his hands to try to pick me up, but Sarise read his intentions and knocked them away.

I then shifted my Gravity Magic to a different direction with great force just as I jumped, stabbed the boss’ chest, and let the added weight pull me down while my Conductor drew a large line over the torso. That created a cavity on his shell, revealing where the magic stone, his heart, set.

I shifted Gravity Magic once more to make myself lighter and push away from the goblin king. That made me do a large leap in the air. It wasn’t intentional, but I ended up making a backflip.

“Agnes! Noooooooow!” I screamed in the air just as Sarise picked me up and stopped my descent.

I saw Agnes standing right before the goblin king, between his spread legs, aiming two open palms toward his upper torso, and in her hands …

“A blue flame?!” Rala screamed from the distance.

That last magic tip I gave her earlier was how to make her Fire Magic hotter and more powerful with the right control, resulting in the same furious blue fire ball in her hands I showed in the birthday party. She was putting in enough effort to send heat drafts blowing past her.

“FIIIIIIRE CAAANOOOOOOOON!”

Wait, was there a spell like that before? I don’t think I taught her how to do that

That brief thought passed before a large, blue pillar of inferno shot out in front of her, completely engulfing the goblin king from the shoulder up before he even spoke. A large heat wave spread through the floor, too hot for comfort. It was as if all the moisture in the room had dried up completely. I had to cover my face hoping I wouldn’t get burned.

“Master … look at that.

When the blast subsided, and the heat cooled down, I uncovered my face at Sarise’s suggestion. My eyes widened at the sight.

Part of the stone door charred black in a perfect circle, matching the space occupying where the goblin king’s head and shoulders once stood. Only the black char remained. The spell burned the holes that would bleed closed. There was only the open crevice I made left on his torso, but the heat resulted in burning the wound’s edges, and whatever blood that dripped was as dry and dark like charcoal. The light from the magic stone that shined with the monster’s life had dimmed to nothing but still intact.

“Did I really …” Agnes trailed off before collapsing and falling to the dry grass face first.

Sarise quickly lowered me down next to Agnes’ body. I carefully rolled her over to facing up. Dhalia also flew to her side in a hurry. Flicker moved fast enough before she got squished from Agnes’ fall. She’d be able to phase through without getting hurt if she had enough mana in her, but with the lack of it in that case, she ended up flying off and hovered close to Agnes’ face.

“I’m … okay. Just tired … can’t move,” Agnes answered before I even asked. The adults rushed over soon after. When I told them she was okay, they sighed in relief.

“Hey, Soar?”

“Yeah?”

“Was that … good enough?”

I couldn’t help but smirk while I moved Agnes’ dried bangs to the side. “That’ll do, girl. That’ll do.”

Moments later, the goblin king’s body converted to experion that split among the four of us, plus our fairies, with most going to Agnes for dealing the finishing blow. A magic stone the size of a volleyball and his knocked-out tooth remained from his glorified defeat.

~~

“You … really weren’t kidding about making me embarrassed with this carry,” Agnes said as we went to the room the dungeon boss was guarding.

After we gathered the goods and Rala gave Agnes an emergency mana potion, the adults helped open the large stone door for us while Agnes was in my arms, princess-style. Her face was as red as a tomato while Flicker and Dhalia were snickering on the side.

Though she didn’t fall to mind down, there are some cases when people would collapse while at the very brink of mana depletion. We call those instances ‘forced down.’ Even after she got more mana inside her through a potion, it would take a while before energy came back to her body again.

“Aren’t you embarrassed over this, too?” she asked me.

“Not really, this is kind of fun.”

“This doesn’t feel right to me.”

“Don’t all girls wish to be carried this way?”

“It’s rather mixed … and aren’t I heavy? Aren’t you tired from all of this, too?”

“Nah, I’m good. Compared to my training, this whole thing was like an exciting nature hike to me.”

“Just what the hell did Gullivan put that guy through to get like that?” Rala muttered to herself.

Soon enough, we were at the very back of the final room, the end of Myron Dungeon. At the very center was a stone platform stage that some people may use for sacrificial rituals. In front of it was a pedestal with a panel that had a magic circle inside. Surrounding those was another magic circle as big as the summoning one from the 15th floor, but this one had different characters and symbols written on the floor. The only source of light in the room was a large crystal from the ceiling that had the liking to a disco ball. Off to the corner was the teleportation circle to get us out of the dungeon.

“All right, let us move along, people. We need to get going while there is still light out,” Zalena said while clapping her hands. “Soar, Agnes, each one of you will place their hand on that pedestal, and we will see how this dungeon judged your performance.”

“Let’s do yours first, Agnes.”

“W-Wait! My heart isn’t ready yet!”

Since Agnes could barely lift her limbs, I placed her hand on the pedestal while ignoring her pleas to stop. Both magic circles on the pedestal and floor glowed, their lights moved toward the crystal on the ceiling. It shined brightly from the rays before shooting a beam straight down to the stage. That went on for a couple seconds before everything dimmed down, and on that stage …

“Whoa, look at the size of that fire e-stone!” I exclaimed after a ruby-colored gem appeared that was the size of a baseball.

“That is what a full e-stone should look like,” Zalena said. “Give that to your fairy, and they will get quite the boost in magic, giving you more power in your Fire Magic spells. Pretty good for your first clear bonus in a dungeon, Agnes. You will go far from here.”

“You hear that? You can get stronger just like you wanted,” I said.

“Yes … I’m very satisfied with this result.” She then smiled with great relief.

Flicker took that chance to fly on up and take the fire e-stone into her own person. With the shards Agnes collected throughout our dungeon crawl, it was a good start for her to become a strong magician specializing in Fire Magic.

“All right, my turn now,” I said. Sarise held Agnes for me while I placed my hand on the pedestal next. The process was the same as Agnes’ with no distinguishable differences between them. At that point, I thought I would be fine getting an e-stone like Agnes, but when the ‘judgement’ ended and I approached the stage …

“Oh, my~. This is a pleasant surprise, indeed~,” Zalena spoke first.

Being a specialist in Light Magic herself, it would make sense why she’d be so happy … since my clear bonus ended up being a sleeping Light Fairy, and she was in the most vulnerable, shameless position that would question her femininity value.

Lying flat on her back, arms and legs splayed in different directions, with her two-piece ‘dress’ looking more like drape-like pajamas riding up her tiny body, exposing the tinier sex and the bust that looked to be an average cup size for a normal human woman, between a B and C cup. She was like that, snoring loudly, and drooling on the stone stage, even scratching her exposed tummy without a care in the world. Those aside, the bright yellow gem on her clavicle and the matching wavy locks that spread out under her head were telling indicators that this was a genuine Light Fairy.

“… I feel bad staring at her like this,” I said.

“Well, don’t just stand there, wake her up!” Rala exclaimed.

I climbed up on the stage and got to sitting. With no idea where it would be appropriate to touch, I went with lightly tapping her head. “Psst. Hey, Light Fairy. Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey.”

“W-Wha? ‘Zit breakfast time already?”

That was a strong enough trigger to bring her awake, albeit groggily. She sat up, yawned, and rubbed the sleepiness from her eyes, not even noticing the state of her dress or her bedhead. When she finally opened her bright yellow eyes, it took her a moment to process where she was, seeing everyone surrounding the stage staring at her.

She then finally turned to me before giving a delayed, dopey smile.

“Whoooa~, this for real~? A kid like you really cleared this dungeon?”

“… Yeah? I’m sure I was the one who brought you here, too.”

“Daaaamn, talk about the times we livin’ in, huh? And I see you got five other girls on your person, too. Preeeetty rad, man~.”

I could have sworn I felt the insides of my body crashing like glass after hearing the bomb that aloof Light Fairy dropped in the room.

“U-Um, wait … five, other girls?” Rala asked shakily. “As in … five other fairies? Y-You had five Companions on you all along, S-Soar?”

“Uh, no—”

“Course, he does~,” the Light Fairy interrupted. “Can’t you feel the wicked aura he’s givin’ off? I haven’t even formalized the contract yet, but I can already feel the sweet, sweet magical connection between us. It’s pretty tight~, I could feel it in my girly bits.”

““…””

“Well, I cannot say I expected things to turn out like this, but I have known for a while,” Zalena said before turning to me. “Kind of unfortunate to have it revealed like this, but you might as well show them to us now, Soar.”

“Finally! I’m free! I’m freeeeeee~!” [Marble]

“Wait! Marble! Don’t just leap out of Soar’s pocket like that!” [Cinder]

“Oh, dear, this is not going well.” [Breezy]

“Mist not like this. Not one bit.” [Mist]

“I had an inkling that things would go in this direction.” [Shadina]

“I-I was told Soar was in a contract with three fairies? Since when did he get two more?” Agnes asked, staring up at all of my fairies out and about with awe.

“W-Wind, Darkness, Water, that’s three he’s shown here. Then there’s Fire and Earth, making five, all of them with surprising sizes, at that. And now with Light … s-six comes after five, r-right? S-So Soar can use all six of the elements?”

“That seems to be the case, Rala,” Zalena answered calmly.

“S-Six fairies … haha, ha, ha …” Like Ms. Renne would if she were in the room, Rala fainted and fell to her side on the cold dungeon floor.

“Uh … did I say something I shouldn’t have? Aw, crap, my skirt’s ridden up. Figures I was feeling too drafty.” [Light Fairy]

“YOU JUST NOTICED THAT NOOOOOOOOOOW?!”

And that was how I met the last of my fairy harem, the spacey and lazy Light Fairy I named Nova.

If you want support my work and see exclusive content, please check out my subscribestar that's seen on my twitter page:

https://twitter.com/OrangeRain3477/status/1321348373937451009

56