39. The Goblin village status report
431 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been a few days since we took over the Goblin village. “Haah” Once again I was training, Though this time I was sparring with the succubus’s. After the discovery of my new shapeshifting power I made it a point to spar with all the other inhabitants of the dungeon in order to expand my repertoire. 

 

Doing that I’ve made one discovery. If the opponent lets you win it doesn’t count in gaining new forms. As such I’ve gained a stone bear, succubus, and pixie form, but haven’t gained a Long, Succubus mage, and Pixie queen form. Yes, that means that I can’t beat Fayetta in a straight fight either. So I am training in order to improve.

 

“ Oh Boss there you are.” Evelyn came after a round of sparring. “ I'm here to report on what's happening in the goblin village.”

 

“ Oh then give me a moment will you.” I said as I got up and reverted to my Base form.

 

“Aww.” Evelyn said. 

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

“ You're just so cute as a succubus that it's a shame to see you turn back to normal.” Evelyn said with a straight face.

 

“Is that so?” I said as we walked into the cave that served as the entrance of the dungeon.

 

The dungeon had changed dramatically since we had subjugated the forest. Rather than just being a couple of rooms the dungeon now had two entire floors. The first floor was a large garden populated by brilliant spring flowers. It was the floor that Fayetta ruled over and was inhabited by her pixie subordinates if they weren’t directly helping her out. At the end of this garden was what looked like the hollow ruins of a castle's bottom floor where in an out of the way spot lay the entrance into the second floor. 

 

The second floor consists of a proper maze-like dungeon. Lining the walls of this dungeon our cells to hold prison. Seeing how this place is primarily the domain of succubus, there are a number of bedrooms that act like sacrifice rooms to allow them to eat their meals in peace. At the end of the maze is the main room of sacrifice. Inside the room of sacrifice is a false wall that leads to the throne room.

 

Arriving at the throne room I quickly took my seat and asked. “ So how are things going?”

 

“ In regards to expanding our influence into the other goblins villages of the area we have had little success. Most of the nearby villages responded poorly to the talks and simply drove off our envoys. Nevertheless we shouldn’t have a problem taking control of the goblins there like we took control of our current village.” Evelyn reported

 

“ Well I sort of expected that anyway. What about the internal affairs of the village?” I asked her.

 

“ In regards to the internal situations, We have identified several small groups that are planning to rebel against the control of the village, but we've succeeded in preventing them from joining into togethering into a larger group. We are currently coordinating to have those goblins act as the first group of sacrifices.”

 

“ That sounds fine. We still got some time for the sacrifice deadline so they should be good on that front. How about the introduction of agriculture.”

 

“ Well they are filling out Fayetta orders about as well as can be expected. Clearing out the space that she had selected and collecting the seeds that she had identified, though the idea of growing their own food is completely beyond them.”

 

“ Well I suppose they don’t need to understand so long as they follow our orders.” I told her. I suppose I should ask her about that too. “ So what about the tribute that you and Fayetta requested.”

 

“ Mine is going fine.” Evelyn said with a shrug. “ But Fayetta is getting frustrated with hers.” 

 

“ So the goblins don’t have any toys, treats, and stories for her?” I asked while smiling wryly.

 

“ Well they have toys and stories but none are to her liking. As for the treats it appears that the girl just doesn’t like goblin food.” Evelyn said with a somewhat sympathetic look.

 

“ I supposed I should have seen that coming. Tell Fayetta to keep up the good work and I’ll reward her soon.”

16