44.Habit
162 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is he going to be fine? It's already 3 days, he just sitting in his workshop and talking to himself."

"Well, that just how my brother is. It is better to leave him alone for now."

"But, I kinda worried about his mental health if he keeps talking alone like that, how about you Lin?"

"That is correct my lady. Even if it's s not affecting his mental health, this kind of habit is the kind that needs to be stopped."

"See, Lin got what I mean. Alicia, you spoiled him a little bit too much, you know?"

"Is that so...? But, at this state doing something would be just a waste of time, he couldn't even hear your word."

"Ain't that means that his habit is already in a worse state!?"

"Well, if it's something that normally happens, wouldn't it be more wrong if he suddenly stopped? I mean brother so often talking to himself so, we sorta consider it to be normal."

"Uwa... Lin, what do you think?"

"My lady is right, Alicia you better found a way to make this habit of his gone. But just like what you said. Do it little by little in a subtle way."

"Um... I get it."

---------------------------

"Your Majesty. He took the request."

"Did he suspect anything?"

"No, Your Majesty. He did some information check, but took the job anyway."

"Fufufu~ as expected from you, Naomi."

"Thank you, Your Highness."

"Hah... But for him to take a job this easily."

"Is there any problem?"

"Well, what is the chance he would take a request from other Noble?"

"As for now, it will be pretty low I supposed."

"Yes, but still it is not zero. We are lucky this time, because as for now only the Bright family who knows about his existence."

"That is certainly true."

"But, that is not enough. Just luck won't make us last until the end. We need him to be under our wings as soon as possible."

"But, all of this just for him?"

"Yes, just for him. We need him more than just to create weapons. This test is just that of a first step, to know if he really are capable."

"I understand, Your Majesty."

-----------------------------

This kingdom is old.

The Queen already ruled for almost 20 years.

Even though now she still looks like in her mid-twenties. The queen is actually already 35 years old.

The Queens herself said this to me.

'Human life is short.'

With no partner or children to take the throne, it is inevitable if one day when the Queen died, a rebellion, or even war would likely to happen.

So, how she will prevent this, is what going on in her mind for these 20 years.

And to think about that from such a young age, is what makes her different than the other. 

If the usual kingdom structure is that of a pyramid where the ruler sitting on the top as the Supreme existence.

Then, her existence is more like the foundation of the Pyramid. 

It is not her enjoying her life on the top.

But, her, sacrificing her life to maintain this kingdom.

If she's gone, then so is this kingdom.

Now,

How about you Ray?

Could you help her to fulfill her dream?

Will you be the one to lightens her burden?

6