39.World of nothingness 2
194 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is.

This is the best sword that I ever created.

Why is this only a dream?

Why!!

Curse you and your hyper-realistic imagination Ray!!!

"*sigh~* hah, I felt stupid now. Talking and being angry at myself."

The sword of my dreams.

Now, I just gonna let it go just like that huh...

"What happened to you?"

"No. I'm just sad, please take care of Reina for me."

"You named a sword Reina?"

"What?"

"Well, you know. didn't it feels weird to give a named sword to a nameless master?"

"What about it?"

"Well, isn't in the legend it usually the opposite. 'A swordsman carrying a nameless demon sword' or something."

"Well, that is on you for being nameless then."

"Hey, that is rude you know! Okay then, if that is how you gonna play it. My name is Reina now."

"But that is the name of the sword !?"

"Well, this is my sword so I am the one who gonna name it."

"You monster."

"No Ray. I am not a monster. Just to let you know. Monster has a magic stone."

"Just shut up..."

"Now now... Don't be mad. Let's eat dinner."

"Dinner?"

"What? you are not hungry? it is already a week after you start your work, you know. You never eat, you never sleep, and you keep working like a mad man. If you think about it aren't you are the one who is a monster between us."

".... Fine.... Let's eat.."

This is only just a dream after all.

-----------------------

I was eating dinner together with her. The now named Reina.

We eating dinner like a normal person.
Yet, there is a weird thing that I realized. 

First, this food felt amazing. I would probably lose my appetite once I wake up if I keep eating this food.

Second, even though Reina said she has two younger sisters. There is no trace of existence other than her in this house.

Except for her, everything in this world by nature felt like a blank white canvas.

Well, that is also probably because I never imagined her two little sisters, but she out of all things, manages to feel almost as if everything is normal.

Her interaction with this world is just as ordinary as how I would interact with the normal world.

It is almost unreal to be able in here together with her.

"What is it, Ray? The food is not to your liking?"

"No, it is rather delicious actually."

"Then why are you stop eating?"

"No, it is nothing. I just feel like I'm gonna wake up soon."

"Wake up?"

"Yes, this is just a dream actually..."

"A dream?"

"Yes. I'm sorry but nothing in here is real for me."

"Ah, so that how it is huh..."

"Yup, I am probably still sleeping at my home right now."

"You are asleep...."

"Yeah, and I'm gonna wake up soon enough."

"Why are you telling me all of this?"

"I don't know..."

"But, what if I tell you that I was actually a real person and I'm the one who are sleeping in the real world right now?"

"Then probably my existence is the part of your dream. It is either you who created me or me who created you."

"Without the existence of the other third person, we will never know the truth outside of our view, huh....."

"And we will never know. It could also be the world in the middle where all of this is true."

"So, that is how you saw it?"

"Yup, I'm sorry."

"Will we be able to meet again?"

"I don't know."

"World you say my name when you're wake up?"

"Sure, it is the name that I probably would not forget after all."

"Say it then. Before you leave."

"Goodbye..."

"..."

"Reina...."

My body felt light, there is almost nothing that binds me to this world anymore.

Reina was there trying to say something, but, I could not hear her voice at all. But guessing from her lips movement. What she tried to say is probably...

"See you again... Ray..."

Well, she is more optimistic about this than how I am.

She probably also could not hear my voice, so I just smiled and gave her a thumbs-up gesture.

-----------------------

Just as I realize her smile, I'm already wide awake on my bed.

"That was one weird of a dream."

Actually, if I think about it she kinda reminds me of someone. Someone who is so obvious yet somehow I could not get my hand on who it is.

Well, I guess that is just how the nature of the dream is.

"Reina huh...."

8