Chapter 18 Entrance Exam and Izuku needs to stop crying.
3.1k 7 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Ok, another clarification needs to be made. It’s about MP and [Kaleidoscope].

For those who don’t know, with [Kaleidoscope], you can get infinite mana. But then why is there an MP limit on MCs stat page? That’s because the MP shown isn’t his mana.

Because he has infinite mana, the Gamer ability doesn’t need to quantify it. The only limit for your mana is how much you can output at once. So, the Gamer ability, knowing this, replaced it with a different kind of MP. The MP with mana is Mana Points, but the Gamer ability is currently using Mental Points, again, MP. They’re both MP. But the MP shown is MCs stats is his Mental Points, not mana.

Because [Vector Manipulation] uses calculations and the computing ability of the brain to allow the skill to work, Mental Points became a relevant thing. The more you use [Vector Manipulation], the more mental fatigue you build-up, and the more MP gets drained. The higher your INT, the bigger your MP, the higher your WIS, the faster your calculations and regeneration speed.

Basically, the MP in MCs stat page is Mental Points, not mana. Mana is infinite. Back to the story.

Also, Merry Christmas!

-----

Exam time! Izuku and I are standing in front of U.A, I’m kind of chill about it but Izuku is almost fainting. Can't be helped, I was like him when I first came here too. I mean, living in this world from young, you get influenced by some things, like being a fan of All Might and seeing U.A as some kind of dream school.

Arata- “ Anyways, we’re here now. It’s time for us to split.”

Izuku- “Oh, right. Thank you. Where are you going?”

Arata- “I'm going to join the teachers who are overlooking the exam. I've got some kind of special status in this school.”

It’s true. Being the only student in 2A, I became some kind of a celebrity. Adding my exotic hair made me stand out even more but hey, I'm not really complaining, the freedom you get with it is nice.

Since I'm a really good hero candidate they think it would be an absolute waste to expel me so they had a good idea to make me an assistant of Aizawa-sensei in teaching class 1A. Because of this, I ended up having a bunch of freedom as well. Honestly, I think this only happened because of my LUK stat.

(A/N: Thank you ParallaxDawn for the teacher assistant idea!)

Anyways, I left and started walking down the hallways to the teacher examination room where I find a bunch of other people in spandex in a dark room with a bunch of monitors all over. Honestly, this might seem suspicious, but it’s not when considering the context, trust me.

Anyways, while more teachers/heroes enter the room, Present Mic is doing the introduction of the exam with the robots and stuff. Honestly, it’s the same as from the anime, with the cringe moments and everything.

RIP Present Mic.

Everyone gathers in front of the exam test zones, it’s almost time to start when All Might walk into the room, in his skeleton form to be exact. Well, no one is really surprised, sure some people had to think about who he is for a moment, but since they’re all teachers, they were informed about All Might’s 2 different forms.

Of course, only a few people knew about [One for All] itself, however.

Seeing me standing in the corner, he walks over to me.

All Might- “Arata-shounen, how are you?”

Arata- “Not bad All Might… or should I call you sensei now?”

All Might- “No All Might is fine. Honestly, it would be weird for to start calling me that.”

Arata- “Yeah it would be weird for me as well… oh, it’s starting.”

Present Mic started the exam, everyone ran off (except Izuku) and started bringing hell down on those robots.

Looking around at the other zones I see Eijiro Kirishima using his [Hardening] quirk and smashing anything that comes his way.

Kyoka Jiro is just using her earphone jacks to destroy them from the inside.

Toaru Hagakure… at least, I think that’s her? Maybe? She’s fucking invisible, what do I do?

Well, she’s just going around pushing all the kill switches on those robots and is surprisingly getting a lot more points than I expected.

Izuku is actually doing a lot better from his canon counterpart, although he ends up causing a lot of damage to the surroundings as well. Can't be helped, he hasn’t learned to control the output. At least, not yet. He’s close though.

Of course, being a softhearted person, he doesn’t use his Delaware Smashes whenever there’s anyone nearby, so he’s still lagging behind in points and panicking.

Hey, I said he’s doing better, but I didn’t say he was passing.

Eventually, the 0 point giant robot appears and I have to say oh my fucking god. It’s a lot bigger than I remember from the anime. Of course, I also saw it in my entrance exam, but big is big. It doesn’t become small just because you saw it before.

This thing is nothing but a metal giant with nothing but it’s weight behind it. No weapons, its speed is lacking, but its pure destructive force is insane.

The majority of the examinees are running away, of course, Katsuki Bakugo that idiot is actually trying to damage the damn thing, and things went the same with Ochako Uraraka being trapped and about to be hurt from the giant robot.

Delaware Smash is powerful, don’t get me wrong, but such a wide area attack won't do much against a giant behemoth like that. Izuku is smart, he knows that. So, bracing himself, he channels [One for All] into his right leg…

And jumps.

The shock from his jump ended up cracking the floor in a 10-meter radius, of course, barely anyone notices this. You know, there’s this question I always had in my mind… why did Izuku use both his legs to jump in the anime? Shouldn’t he only use 1 leg and save the other for when he needs it? Or just save him the pain? I guess we’ll never know…

Anyways, he reaches its face, pulls back his right arm, and with his whole body behind it, he throws his fist of catastrophic force forward.

Izuku- “Wryyyyyyyyyyyy!”

Huh… I don’t think he was supposed to say that. I guess I was more of an influence than I thought. While hanging out with me, I recommended Jojo to him, the fucking heretic didn’t read it, but he ended up loving it, so I forgave him.

He falls back down, preparing to sacrifice his other leg to make a safe landing when all of a sudden…

*SMACC*

He gets bitch slapped outta nowhere. Wait, when did Ochako learn the smacc? How? Was it a fluke?

Izuku gets dropped onto the floor safely, however, knowing that he doesn’t have enough points, he tries to get up and continue but the exam ended.

Ochako ends up vomiting rainbows-

WAIT A FUCKING MOMENT! SHE VOMITED RAINBOWS!? THAT WASN’T A CENSOR!? HOLY SHIT!

(A/N: I go this “actually vomiting rainbows” from another fanfic, forgot which one)

Recovery Girl just appeared out of nowhere and started healing everyone. Izuku was awake this time when it happened. He ended up getting a full-on kiss from an old lady without knowing why until he realised it was Recovery Girl and it’s because of her quirk.

And yeah, Izuku, along with his 60 rescue points with an extra 15 villain points (he used all his glove shots) got second place, and he passed. Of course, he doesn’t know he passed and is still crying like a bitch. I gotta tell him to man up.

Arata- “I've seen enough. I'm satisfied.”

Saying this, I walk out.

 

New chapter, I added in an author note at the start to clarify some things people are asking me. hope you dint mind.
Any questions, ask in the comments please.
Anything I can do to improve, also in the comments, I make sure to read every comment I can, dont be shy!

Also, Merry Christmas!

96