Chapter 116 who the f*ck am I supposed to choose
958 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The concert ended and it turned out to be a big hit among the other student population. Even the Jojo styled people evened out.

While the class was packing up, the audience all went their own ways to enjoy the festival. Some people went to look at the attractions other people set up, some went outside to enjoy the stalls, and some just hung out with familiar people, wandering aimlessly and experiencing whatever catches their fancy.

I am one of those aimless people. Or rather, Eri and I. Haha! Sucks to be them! I don’t have to clean up!

Eri is still in my arms being carried around, pointing in random directions, to which I will follow wherever she wants me to go and experience many things with her. She loved the candied apple store the most.

A minor detail, but I recalled there weren’t any candied apple stores at the festival, so I went out of my way to get someone to set up a store. After all, Eri loves apples. And it turns out this was the right decision.

It’s a shame no one buys the candied boiled eggs…

I was thinking of such things when I get a message on my neuro linker.

Arata x Nejire- Arata! It’s almost time!

EggWhisperer- Don’t worry, I remember. I'm on my way now.

Arata x Nejire- You’d better not be late. I also want to meet with you after!

EggWhisperer- Don’t worry. I’ll make sure to stay behind. Eri is with me too, and I don’t think I can just leave her, is that fine?

Arata x Nejire- Uhh… I guess so! Anyway, come quickly!

I chuckle at her urging messages. I always asked Nejire to change her nickname but she didn’t listen, but I've gotten used to it. But now she’s contacting me to hurry up and go to the Beauty Pageant, where she will be participating.

I have absolutely no doubt of her loss, even if I wasn’t aware of the canon timeline. She’s my girlfriend, after all, my ever-curious little Nejire. In my eyes, it’s impossible to lose to anyone in beauty unless she’s up against Momo, Rumi, and maybe even Toru.

Well, for Toru, I'm not sure, she’s just my sister after all. I can't look at her in “that” way. But ever since I gave the neuro linkers to everyone in the class, so that the warped light would be filtered out and she would become visible to everyone, she started getting more attention from the boys in the class.

Of course, like with Momo, I made sure no one dares to even think about nabbing my dear little imouto. If they overstep their bounds they would find pictures of Mil-tan hidden all over their rooms. They stopped after that.

Anyways, Nejire is participating in the beauty pageant, and I promised to attend. So, I make my way over to the area designated for the event after buying a few more candied apples for Eri to eat on the way.

Am I spoiling her? Probably. Is that bad? Maybe. Will I stop? Oh Hell Nah.

I'm finally here, Eri is still nibbling on the candied apple I first gave her. She's so cute. I smile at her and then turn my attention to whatever is happening on stage. I arrived at the time where Itsuka Kendo is just starting her display.

She’s wearing a blue dress with a light blue ribbon around her chest. A rather simple design but it fits her quite well, she’s not the type to bother with cosmetics. And that is even more true with her performance, instead of doing anything feminine, she chose to make a martial arts demonstration.

She set up wooden boards all over the stadium and one by one she broke them all, each one in different ways from the last. Scans are also telling me those are solid wooden boards used for construction, not those light boards that break with only a little bit of pressure. The fact that she was able to break through them all is highly impressive, unfortunately, only I know about that. No one else realises the significance of that, except Itsuka herself.

And so, with a torn dress, she steps off the stage. People loved it though. Whether it’s from her performance or her legs, I don’t know.

But she was, unfortunately, immediately overshadowed by Bibimi Kenranzaki, last year’s winner from the support class. She came out on a giant gold robot. If I had to describe this, it would be flashy. So, so flashy. So much so I had to dim the brightness artificially through my neuro linker.

Won't she be an excellent hero? She can be a portable flashbang.

And finally, it’s Nejire’s turn. I paid extra attention to this and even started recording it. She didn’t speak or do anything overly showy like Bibimi, she just did what she came here to do.

And it was beautiful. She started dancing in the air, using her quirk to create streams of yellow energy, making an alluring pattern in the sky. For me, it looks like that of a rose. She also sneaked many peeks my way during her performance, to which I waved at her every time. She smiled as if this is one of the happiest moments in her life.

She finished her display and earned a ferocious round of applause as she exited the stage much to everyone’s reluctance. I may or may not have used [Vector Manipulation] to make my clapping sound louder.

Meanwhile, Eri, who was put down so I could clap with both of my hands, is pouting at me, standing on her tippy toes so she could intimidate me more. Of course, she just looks all the more adorable, especially since she hasn’t let go of her candied apple. So, I immediately apologise and pick her back up. Her mood immediately went back to a cheerful state.

The beauty pageant still hasn’t ended yet as the next contestant walks out onto the stage-

*COUGH!*

MOMO!? What are you doing!?

Momo walks out onto the stage with a red sleeveless short dress. This surprises me a lot since this never happened in canon… well, canon is figuratively fucked in the ass at this point, so I shouldn't really complain.

In fact, this is a good opportunity. I can get more content to add to my collection-

*COUGH!*

TORU!? You as well!?

Toru, my dear little imouto, walked out on stage as well. Of course, not many people can actually see what she looks like, but she walked up next to Momo wearing what I can only see as frilly pink idol clothes. It suits her quite well, even with her white hair and red eyes.

And while I was thinking such things, they started their performance. They became idols, through and through. They sang songs while dancing exactly like an idol would, making cute gestures all over the place and drawing everyone’s eyes.

They made a team!? Can you even do that here!? In fact, the announcer is also quite confused. What the fuck is going on!?

When both Momo and Toru left the stage it was revealed that they were supposed to go on separately, but… well, they just rolled with it. And finally, we all voted.

If it was before, I would have voted Nejire without any hesitation. But now, with Momo and Toru thrown into the mix… Kuh! I can't choose!

So I didn’t vote at all.

*Sniff*

Well, in the end, Nejire won anyways. Like I promised, I stayed behind and when everyone left, those three girls ran up to me with pouting faces.

Nejire/Momo/Toru- “Why didn’t you vote for me!?”

They’re angry!? Who was I supposed to vote for then!? Obama!? You want me to vote for just one of you and risk the ire of the other two? No thanks!

Arata- “Well, who should I have voted for then…?”

They looked at each other, nodded their head, and all spoke at the same time again.

Nejire/Momo/Toru- “Me, obviously!”

I'm dying here. Send help.

I swear they’re trolling me.

 

A/N: I would vote for Obama...

MC: But he wasnt even participating.

AN: I dont care, I would have just wrote Obama and put it in the voting box.

MC: Why though...?

AN: Why NOT!?

MC: ... You have a point.

AN: I know I do...

Let me know if I missed anything!

27