Chapter 120 MC is dense again lmao
782 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s a brand new morning and I wake up to find myself using Eri as a hug pillow. I find myself in an awkward situation, but I have long learned to just ignore some things and move on with my life.

So, I slowly wake Eri up.

Eri- “Mmm… Arata-nii?”

I softly shook her awake, causing her to sleepily murmur my name while rubbing her eyes.

So cute.

Arata- “It’s time to wake up. Come on.”

I urge her to let go of me because she’s grabbing into my shirt and she’s not letting go any time soon. Furthermore, I can't bring myself to tear her away from me! It’s taboo!

Eri- “Mmm…”

Completely missing my plight, she just snuggles her face back into my chest. She’s so soft! What the hell! Even her horn jabbing into my ribs don’t bother me!

You know what? Fuck living a social life. I never was interested in stuff like interaction anyway. I’ll just stay like this forever…

*Bang!*

Toru- “Onii-chan! It’s morning! Wake up!”

Toru kicks open my door, almost sending it flying off its door hinges.

Toru- “Come on, wake up! You too Eri!”

The girl waking up the boy in the morning cliché! Now if only Toru was a childhood friend from next door…

Arata- “Don’t wanna…”

I lazily reply to her. My current situation feels too good.

Toru- “You have to. School is starting and we have Hero courses today. You need to be there because you’re the one teaching!”

Arata- “Fuck school!”

Toru- “Don’t fuck school! Come on, Onii-chan…”

She resorted to begging now. Hah! Do you think I am so shallow as to fall for your poor attempt at provoking any shred of sympathy in me?

Ridiculous.

I think this to myself as I finish dressing into my uniform and walk out the door.

.

.

.

Curses!

And like this, the day continued. Eri was angry at Toru for “stealing” her body pillow, however.

Nothing special happened, everyone in class woke up earlier than I did but we all went to school together. We had our classes like Math, English, Science and, as Toru mentioned, Hero Studies.

Wait! No, there was one thing that happened.

Eri was following the class as usual, and during our Math classes, Ectoplasm, our math’s teacher, jokingly asked Eri a maths question. It’s a rather simple question, but it still had something only a 15 year old would bother learning.

And, I kid you not, without a single missed beat, Eri straight up looked Ectoplasm dead in the eye and gave the correct answer…

Is my little Eri a genius!?

Anyway, moving on…

School is now over, everyone has arrived back at the dorms, and I quickly took Eri by the arm and ran into my room.

(A/N: FBI OPEN UP!)

I closed the door behind me, and only after locking it, I turn back around and look at a curious Eri.

Eri- “Arata-nii, why did you bring me here?”

As much as I would like to go back to sleep while cuddling her, now is not the time. It’s only late afternoon, and I refuse to go to bed early. Sleep if for the weak!

Arata- “I wanted to talk to you about something.”

Eri- “Oh…”

She sounded a little disappointed? I kneel and take out a familiar case from my inventory and open it up. Inside are 2 red bullets.

It’s the quirk erasing bullets.

As soon as Eri laid eyes on them, she tensed up and stepped back unconsciously. These bullets are linked to a series of painful memories, this reaction is normal. Fear flashes through her eyes as she stares at them and her breathing quickens.

This all happened in under a second. If this continues, things won't end up well. I guess I was too optimistic. There’s no way trauma of 2 whole years will disappear in just a month or so. It’s more likely Eri just learned to suppress those memories.

Unfortunately, there’s not much I can do except constantly being by her side as a reminder that there’s no way she’ll go back to that place. Over time, she should learn to accept her past and move on. But until then…

I quickly snap the case closed and throw it back in my inventory. I reach forward and pull Eri into a hug while still kneeling. I pet her head while constantly whispering reassurances. Over time her shaking stopped, and I release her.

Arata- “Eri, I want to ask you what to do with these bullets.”

She looks up at me with rather confused eyes.

Arata- “Do you want me to destroy them?”

Her eyes widen in understanding. This is the only physical link to her life as a captive left. At least, the only one that’s not kept under lock and key. Kai and everyone else linked to Shie Hassaikai are captured, after all.

I want her to tell me to destroy them. I have no use for them any more. Once she tells me to destroy them, I will make them crumble to dust with [Vector Manipulation]. This, I believe, will speed up her trauma recovery.

Eri looks down and thinks for several minutes. She grabs onto my shirt, clutching it tight while occasionally loosening her grip according to her fluctuating emotions. [Sixth Sense] is picking up a storm of feelings from inside her.

But, after waiting for about 10 minutes, she lifts her head and looks into me eyes, and opens her mouth.

Eri- “Don’t.”

Even I was surprised. I never expected her to decline. These bullets should be a symbol of evil for her. Why didn’t she want me to destroy them?

Eri- “I saw… you used them on Kai… You asked me if you could use them again, even though you didn’t have to, and you only used them on bad people… You can use them on more bad people, you know?”

Ah, so this is why. She saw me use them for good and realised that these bullets can stop bad guys from ever hurting others again. I smile at her. Honestly, even with her upbringing, she’s still so kind. Even though these bullets were created through her pain, instead of making them disappear she sought to use them for good.

She’s so cute!

I close my eyes and shake my head. I honestly didn’t expect this. But just as I was about to stand up again…

*Chu!*

I touch my cheek with my hand as I look with a surprised expression at a red-faced Eri who is trying to cover her embarrassed expression with her hands.

Eri- “Thank you… Arata-nii… I-I love you!”

She started off with a whister but shouted that last part surprising me even more. I never pegged her to be the bold type… oh well.

I smile kindly back at her, stand up, and pat her head.

Arata- “Mmm! I love you too!”

Of course I love her, she’s my daughter/little sister, why wouldn’t I love her?

Eri- “Mmm!”

She pouts at me with an angry expression but she just looks all the cuter like that.

Arata- “Hahaha!”

I laugh and open the door. I look back at Eri, and we both walk out.

 

A/N: You dense fucker.

MC: *Looks confusedly at Author*

AN: NOOOO! DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT! NO!

MC: *Tilts head with genuine confusion in the eyes*

AN: STOP!

 

26