Chapter 87 More teen drama… I dont want to deal with this…
1.3k 4 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Katsuki- “Catch me outside, how bout dat?”

I don’t think he said that last chapter but I’ll ignore that.

[Sixth Sense] is telling me that something is going to happen and I should be there. Seeing as this skill rarely let me down, I decided to follow Izuku and Katsuki as they sneak out of the dorms.

Besides, I have a hunch on what’s going to happen.

After walking for a while, Izuku starts getting a little fidgety and asking Katsuki as to where exactly they’re going.

Izuku- “I mean, we’re not supposed to be out at night…”

True, if Aizawa-sensei finds out about this, he’s gonna beat your ass.

After walking for a while, we finally arrive at our destination. Ground Beta, an urban area with many 3-5 story tall concrete buildings. It’s the place where class 1A did their first hero class and fought each other in a 2v2 battle.

And it’s the place where Izuku first defeated Katsuki.

I'm standing on the roof of a building nearby. I controlled the light waves around me to make myself invisible so the other two don’t notice me. I take out a can of coffee from inventory-chan and I sit down on the edge to watch what’s going to happen while pulling up the fur hood of my Accelerator jacket.

Katsuki begins to slowly release his bottle up feelings.

The fact that, even though they both admired the same person, All Might only payed attention to Izuku. Katsuki, who was born with a blessed body and mind, was overlooked, and instead, the guy who he thought was only a “pebble on the side of the road” earned All Might’s attention and power.

Katsuki- “So… Fight me. Show me what All Might saw in you. Let me know… was I wrong all this time?”

Saying that, Katsuki blasted himself forward.

*BOOM!*

Izuku was reluctant at first but decided to counter-attack after several explosions were thrown his way. Leaning back, placing his hands on the ground, and kicking up while backflipping, knocking Katsuki’s next explosion away and stumbling him.

Izuku- “K-Kacchan! Are you o-“

*Slap*

Katsuki- “Quit worrying about me!”

Katsuki, who stumbled and fell, slapped away Izuku’s hand that reached out to pull him back up.

Katuski- “What the hell is wrong with you… Fight! I mean what the hell!? How’d a twerp like you get All Might’s power? You got All Might's recognition and you got stronger. So why… Why was I the one to end him?”

Katsuki, who believes himself to be the reason All might died, was carrying this burden all this time without telling anyone. But when Izuku finally got a provisional license but Katsuki failed…

He just couldn't hold it back anymore and had to know…

Katuski- “… What am I supposed to do!?”

*Sip*

Arata- “Hmm… the angst is strong in this one…”

I mutter to myself while sipping on some coffee. When should I step in?

While I was wondering what do in this situation, Izuku and Katsuki run at each other to fight some more. Katsuki, who needed to fight to quell his uncontrolled emotions, and Izuku, who decided to accept those emotions and defeat him, throw one blow after the other.

*Boom!*

Katuski’s explosions.

*Smash!*

Izuku’s kicks.

Attack after attack gets thrown at each other until finally…

Izuku- “Smaaaaaash!”

He gets a solid punch right in Katsuki’s jaw. Katsuki, with a last burst of strength, counterattacks.

Katsuki- “Like hell I’d loooooose!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

*Crack BOOM!*

In mid-air, Katsuki is superior, and throws Izuku back into the ground with some explosions, digging up the ground and obscuring the view. A few seconds later, the dust barely begins to settle, showing Katsuki holding Izuku down in a body lock.

*Clap*

*Clap*

*Clap*

I jump down from the building and softly land on the floor, revealing myself while slow clapping and walking towards them.

Arata- “A good light show, but… I think you should stop it here.”

If things go any further, it might end up hurting their relationship than helping it.

Arata- “Sorry about this… I kinda listened in on everything.”

Katsuki gets off Izuku and stands up, while Izuku himself sits upright on the ground.

Katsuki- “Arata… You knew about this?”

I shrug in a helpless fashion.

Arata- “If people knew All Might can give his power to someone else, shit will go down. Keeping this a secret is for the good of the user of One for All and their surroundings.”

Katsuki- “… Why Deku…?”

Arata- “I'm not sure what All Might was thinking. Midoriya wasn’t anyone special. He couldn't do anything unique.”

My words ended up dealing damage to Izuku. My bad.

Arata- “But… if I had to take a guess… it was BECAUSE he couldn't do anything special, that All Might chose him. It was BECAUSE Midoriya wasn’t anyone unique, that when he rushed forward that day during the sludge villain incident, he shined all the brighter.”

Izuku, who was the weakest of them all, rushed forward even at the risk of his life. All Might saw the potential of a great hero in him, only suppressed by the fact that he was quirkless.

I explained All Might’s thought process to Katsuki.

But there was still a slight hint of hesitation between the two. Hmm… right. One last push. I can't do any more than this, otherwise, it would be detrimental.

Arata- “All Might loved to win.”

Katsuki and Izuku who heard me looked at me like I was some kind of shit. All Might, the most selfless, greatest hero, loved to win. What kind of bullshit was that?

Arata- “Don’t look at me like that. It’s true. Don’t get me wrong though, that’s not the only thing about him. All Might also had a will to always strive to save those in need. If either aspect had been missing… there would have been no Symbol of Peace.”

“Did you know? To me, it looks as if you both hold half the piece to a puzzle. But you never bothered looking at each other in the eye so you never bothered completing the puzzle. If… you can learn to respect each other and lift each other up… you can complete the puzzle and learn to be the best hero. One that wins my saving, and saves by winning.”

If they still can't look at each other in the eye at this point, then I give up. This world is fucked.

Izuku- “I’ll… get stronger… and I’ll beat you.”

Katsuki- “You were trained by the strongest hero in the world and you still lost. Keep dreaming.”

But, thank my LUK stat they seem to have made up… or at least, I hope so… they’re bickering a lot… dear god this world is doomed isn’t it?

Well, I haven’t gotten a quest so it seems to be ok.

After making sure Katsuki doesn’t go around spreading One for All’s secret, we went back to our dorms and slept until morning. But…

Aizawa- “Arata, Midoriya, Bakugo, come to my office.”

Ah, we’re fucked, aren’t we?

 

A/N: You got caught?

MC: Yeah, even I'm confused. I made sure no one else was nearby and hacked the surveillance system so no one knows we were there. 

AN: Well, Aizawa was always a wizard...

MC: Yeah, that man is insane.

Aizawa: Oi.

AN: Heeee!

MC: *Screams*

Let me know if I missed something. 

51