Ch. 102 Breeze
103 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aric dodged away from the sharp and dangerous claws from Hugh. He used the fire around his foot to dodge away from Hugh’s attack. He used the fire around his body to maneuver through the air with ease.

Hugh was surprised that Aric was able to dodge away from his attack. His first attack was able to land a clean hit on Aric, but the second attack was dodged with ease.

He could not help but back away from Aric, seeing that his attack did not work. From the heat of the moment and the adrenaline coursing through his veins, he had forgotten that Aric was an elite fighter.

Unlike Aric, he did not spend his life preparing for war. Hugh had never thought that he would gain this power, so he had not trained for it.

He had thought that the only way he would survive in this world was to study and study since he would not be able to awaken any Desire.

Now that he had the power, he had to catch up with his peers in terms of fighting powers. While people like Aric and Dempsy were miles ahead in terms of techniques, Hugh was still at the starting line.

In a clean and fair one on one fight with Aric, Hugh would not have any chance of fighting him. The only chance for Hugh to win was to overpower Aric.

Aric still did not know that Hugh had advanced to the D-rank, which meant that Hugh could use it for his advantage.

Hugh watched as Aric came towards him in a counterattack. He immediately activated his eagle eyes and observed every movement that Aric performed.

Aric used his fire to glide through the floor and sweep his leg towards Hugh’s feet. This prompted Hugh to react quickly and jump both of his feet up.

With the help of his eagle eyes, Hugh was able to easily dodge away from Aric’s legs. Before Hugh could even celebrate his tiny victory, he saw a tiny movement from Aric.

This time, Aric’s training had paid off. While Hugh jumped up to dodge away from his leg, Aric did a 360 turn and raised his leg in the air.

Aric concentrated all of his power on his leg, and it flowed a bright red fire. Aric’s calf was like a jet engine that propelled Aric’s feet towards Hugh at unprecedented speeds.

Hugh was able to see Aric’s movements, but he was still up in the air. He did not have sufficient techniques to maneuver his body in the air, especially since he was obese.

With no other choice left, Hugh activated his armor on the left side of his body and guarded it against Aric’s attack. Aric’s attack was the same attack that he had used when they had fought in the ring.

The result of that previous fight sent Hugh to the hospital, but things were different now. Aric’s leg collided with Hugh’s body and it created reverberations through their bones.

Hugh’s body flew outwards due to the force of Aric’s kick. This was the same situation that Aric was in moments before, but Hugh was able to recover much faster than Aric.

Hugh tumbled only once as he skidded on the ground with his knees. He quickly picked himself back up and assumed a defensive position, ready for any attacks that may come.

Hugh stood up and walked step by step towards Aric. There was not a scratch on his body, even though Aric had landed a clean hit on him. Aric could see the difference between them.

“Don’t call me fatty ever again.”

Hugh spread his arms wide, opening his whole arm span. Aric did not know what Hugh was doing, but he knew that something was going on with Hugh.

Hugh closed his eyes as he felt his bones and his skin change. He could feel it transforming, morphing into something that was not human-like.

Slowly, Hugh’s arms became brown and feathers started to grow out of nowhere. His large bones became ligaments that became the foundation for his wings.

His skin turned brown and it expanded until it covered the ligaments in his wings. The last feather was created, and Hugh stood tall with his wings fully open. There was only one word that could describe Hugh, majestic.

Aric’s eyes were wide open as he looked at Hugh’s wings with surprise. He would never have thought that Hugh would activate a skill like that.

The wings were life-like, almost as if the wings were naturally a part of Hugh’s body. Aric could only watch as Hugh started to flap his wings, capable of flight.

Hugh hovered in the air as he softly flapped his wings. He was still unfamiliar with flying with the wings, so he was being careful with it.

He slowly increased the intensity of the flapping of his wings until he flew higher up in the air. Aric could only see Hugh’s silhouette under the light, and all he could feel was the slightly cold breeze under Hugh’s wings.

Hugh looked at Aric with one final look, and he stopped flapping his wings. Hugh stopped in the air for a brief moment until he came crashing down due to his weight.

As Hugh came crashing down at alarming speeds, he transformed his feet into sharp claws of destruction. He could not help but shriek an eagle’s roar as he attacked his claws towards Aric.

*KYAOO*

Aric did not even know what he was seeing, but he knew that it was dangerous. With the fire all around him, Aric readied himself to dodge away from Hugh’s claws.

Hugh flew down at breakneck speeds. Just as Hugh’s claws were about to pierce towards Aric’s body, Aric jumped up and performed a somersault.

Aric’s fire concentrated on the parts of his body that would increase his speed, his legs, his core, and his arms. Swiftly, he bent his body in the air, dodging away from Hugh’s claws.

5