Ch. 101 Clash
98 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hugh frowned as he heard Aric’s response. He had always thought of Aric as a bully, but never as a terrorist. He did not think that Aric would go to such lengths just to cause chaos to the school.

He did not even know why Aric wanted to destroy the school. His demeanor had changed so fast beginning with this morning. Aric had been acting a little off, which should have been a red flag.

The cube in Aric’s hands seemed to be important to his plans. Hugh used his eagle eyes to see through the cube and try to understand its purpose, but he could not gather anything.

“Whatever you are planning to do, don’t do it.”

Hugh slowly approached Aric with careful steps. He needed to steal that cube and prevent Aric from using it.

Aric only watched as Hugh approached him. He did not even flinch nor back away; he just stood there with a sinister smile on his face.

Hugh was alarmed at Aric’s lack of reaction, but he continued to advance. He used his eagle eyes to catch every minute movement that Aric might do. He was ready for a fight to break out.

Hugh approached Aric step by step. The tension between them was built by the echoes of Hugh’s footsteps on the pavement. They were both silent at the fight that was about to occur.

Hugh stepped closer and he was only five meters away from Aric. As soon as his foot hit the ground, he activated his armor on both of his legs and accelerated towards Aric.

Hugh’s body became a blur that surprised Aric. Aric had fought Hugh multiple times, but Hugh’s speed this time seemed to have been faster.

Aric continued to smile as he dodged away from Hugh’s attack by activating his Desire. Aric’s hair grew alit by the reddish fire that appeared on his body.

The fire enveloped Aric’s whole body and gave him the proper body adjustment to dodge away from Hugh. With the help of his fire, Aric slid away from the space where Hugh would charge in.

Hugh reared his right hand and activated his armor on it as he punched it towards Aric. The punch was full of explosive power coming from a D-rank, which Aric could not fully dodge.

Aric could not help but flash a hint of surprise on his face as he realized that Hugh was faster than him. He would not be able to dodge away from Hugh’s attack, so he changed his tactics.

Aric concentrated his fire on his left hand and used it to guard against Hugh’s attack. He planted his feet firmly in the ground and took on Hugh’s attack directly.

*boom*

Hugh’s armored fist and Aric’s fired arm collided and created shockwaves throughout the room. From the moment the two collided, it was evident who had won.

Aric could feel a crushing force on his forearm, and it traveled through his arm and towards his body. His whole body was flung outwards due to the excess force that Hugh put in.

If not for the shockwave that happened due to the collision, the sounds of the bones in Aric’s forearms would be heard.

Aric’s body tumbled on the floor two times until he skidded face up. He held his injured arm in pain as his face contorted to display his suffering.

A look of surprise was painted on Aric’s face as he looked up at Hugh. The sheer force that he had to endure was too powerful to have come from Hugh.

This was the same guy that he had beaten multiple times before. The last time they had fought, he had sent Hugh to the hospital, and he came out of the battle unscathed.

Now, the tables have been turned. In one exchange, Hugh had shown Aric that he was stronger than him. In one exchange, he let Aric know that this fight would be different.

Aric could not comprehend how Hugh was able to grow so strong in such a small amount of time. He remembered the pain and torture he had to endure under his father to improve even a tiny bit of his Desire.

Hugh seemed to grow stronger and stronger by the day, while Aric was stuck in a puddle, unable to advance and catch up to Hugh.

Hugh felt the power coursing through his veins, and the adrenaline pumping through him. He had known that he had become powerful, but seeing Aric like this made it even sweeter.

Aric ignored the pain and stood up. From his lying position, he jumped up and immediately stood up without the use of any of his arms.

Even though Aric’s left arm was broken, his whole body was still up for the fight.

“I don’t know how you got stronger, but come at me, fatty.”

Aric used his right hand and gestured Hugh to come at him. Even though it was evident from the previous exchange who was stronger, Aric still had the arrogance to taunt Hugh.

Hugh was not one to succumb to his anger, but Aric successfully riled him up. He used his armor again and charged towards Aric. This time, he used his claws to give more serious damage to Aric.

Aric saw the claws materializing in Hugh’s hands and it gave him a shock. Hugh did not have this skill before or else he would not have used it until now. 

It meant that Hugh gained this skill in the week that they had not seen each other. It was inconceivable to him how Hugh keeps on improving seemingly out of nowhere.

This time, he was able to see Hugh’s move clearly. This was the one advantage he had over Hugh, experience in fighting.

Aric’s fighting ability was ingrained into him by his father, Maverick, through torturous means. Aric could not count how many times his father beat him up until he could fight back to some degree.

Aric powered his Desire and fire spread throughout his entire body. In one swift move, he dodged away from Hugh’s claws. 

6