Prologue- A Glimpse of the Past
515 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The only person in the entire world that I thought we could depend on, had now turned her back on us. She left our home and headed to the carriage which was waiting on her.

I had to stop her!

I chased after her and threw my self on her legs, groveling on the ground and started to beg,
“Please! Don’t leave us! Did I do something to make you mad? If so, I'm truly soo-”

Suddenly she struck me on the face with her walking cane. I fell back in pain and grabbed my face with surprise. My vision had darkened for a second and I did not know what had just struck me.

“Don’t you dare touch me, you filth! Just seeing your face makes me want to vomit my guts out.”, she said in an enraged and disgusted tone.

She started to walk again and I heard her footsteps getting further and further away from me, going towards the direction of the carriage.
Even though my vision was blurry, I still stood up and chased after her. I rubbed my eyes and noticed that my head was bleeding.

Even though I should have felt pain, the emotional pain of being discarded hurt far more than the pain of actually getting hit.

I didn’t recklessly try to grab her legs this time. Instead, I walked behind her and in a pleading tone asked, “Mother! But what about Rose and Armin? It’s fine if you hate me. But they are still too young! At least take them with you. They are only 3 years old. Please take care of them, that’s all I ask!”

I got on my knees and bowed my head to the ground.

After what I said she stopped and turned around,
“Why don’t you just slit their throats and dump them in a lake. That would take care of some of your problems, wouldn't it? Ha!", she responded with a chuckle.

I was dumbfounded from her response. I knew she didn’t love me or even like me for that matter of fact, but she even hates her 3-year-old kids? who are completely innocent! What did they do to deserve death?

I was really shocked by the response,
“Mom?”

I looked at her in the eyes, as I sat on my knees. But her eyes were filled with anger and malevolence.

“Never, ever call me mother from now on! Never did I loved you, Rose or Armin. You kids are nothing but a disgrace and slander to my family house, thanks to your father! Blame it on his bloodline that runs a course through you and your siblings. I never once loved that commoner lowly father of yours! I was forced to marry your father because of my parents.”, then all of a sudden a smile appears in her face, a twisted smile, “Now I am free at last!”

She then reached the horse carriage and two guards opened the carriage door for her. She entered the carriage and took a seat.

I got up and stood beside the carriage door.
I was hoping that she would change her mind and might return to us. Although this was just my idle wish, I don’t know what I should do anymore.

Before the carriage door closed, she looked at me one last time,
“I hope that you kids also disappear and die in some ditch like your cowardly father.”

The carriage drove away as I stood in the middle of the street. I still wasn’t able to believe this. I still thought she would stop the carriage and return to us! I thought this was just some nightmare, and this nightmare would end any second.

The carriage drove away and disappeared in the midst of the busy street.

I stood and watched in the direction of the road for about 10 minutes. But it never did return. She really hated us a lot. I somehow knew it, but I didn’t want to believe it, until now.

Don't mom's usually treasure their children? I thought all mothers loved their child no matter what species be it. Be it dog, birds or fish, they all would risk their own lives to protect their children.
But now my own blood-related mom discarded us like we are nothing.

She has forsaken me, a 10-year-old boy and her 3-year-old twin child on their own, hoping they die.

But at that time something broke inside me! Something changed in me!

Somehow, instead of feeling fear and sadness, I was overwhelmed by the urge to live. The rage and anger swelled up inside me. The so-called mother was dead. She was no mother, she was a witch!

She wanted us to die, but I will prove her wrong.

I will become a person worthy that even she would have to acknowledge.

In this cruel world where human discriminate in the basis of blood and birth. Where pride is much more important than blood ties. I don’t care about such world…

Such a world could go to hell for all I care.

6