A Misfortunate Encounter- I
257 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am about to reach the garrison in time, somehow. I was stopped by Armin’s homeroom teacher whose huge list of complaints didn’t seem to end. I shall knock some sense in Armin later, I could have been late on my first day!

As soon as I got closer to my destination, the garrison came in sight.
It was an enormous building in size. It was a little old but it seems the people there took proper care and maintained it pretty well.

This was the Stathford’s garrison’s main branch. Its main duty was to manage law and order within the town of Stathford. The garrison building was situated in the center of the town. It had about four to five floors. It was mostly built up with woods and Rocks. It almost looked like a palace. There wasn’t much of a defense for the building itself, aside from fence and a huge metal gate that was wide open.

Stathford was a pretty decent town that was situated on the outskirts of the Capital city, Elsewing. Many travelers and merchants traveled and came to eat and rest in this town. They usually put their market inside the capital city, but they retire for the night in the inns of Stathford. The inns of the capital city were quite expensive.
As the city of Stathford was situated inside the country so there wasn’t much of a threat from enemy attacks. Which, was a plus point.

When I was about to enter the gate, two-horse carriages drove and stood in front of the gate. I dodged it by hair strand and managed to avoid to be run under the horse carriage, thanks to my reflexes.

Seriously! This was outrageous if someone other than myself would have sustained serious injuries.
I need to give them a piece of mind! I am about to join the military police and this could be my first step to my duties.

But as soon as I got close to the carriage, I dropped all thought of disciplining them. I noticed the carriages which happened to belong to the headquarters of the state military police.

This wasn’t surprising at all. This society was filled with trash who do not follow their own shit laws but expect others to abide by it. I knew the military soldiers were reckless and carefree but I don’t want Rose or Armin to get hurt because of their recklessness. I would sure to make them pay hell.

The carriages door opened and a bunch of young soldiers came out. They all looked around my age. I guess they were the new soldiers assigned here, same as me. Although I could tell that they came from an elite and prestigious army school.

There were about eight people, three of them were girls and the rest were boys.
But they were pretty different than other normal soldiers. They all had kinda rich and proud vibes came outta each of them.

It was pretty hard to get along with such people.
Were they new soldiers assigned in Stathford garrison like me? They already wore their military uniforms and I was yet to receive one. Nevermind!
I don’t wanna stress about the indifferent treatment, anyway.

The people around the street started chattering as they glanced at these new young soldiers. I don’t know why they are getting so much attention. Were they popular?

Soon the proud bunch went inside the garrison building. They had stirred quite a commotion. I then entered the gate but was stopped by the security guard. I showed him my appointment letter and then he let me in. I guess there was no need for that proud bunch for a security check, unlike me.

I entered the huge doorway of the building.
The hallway had tall ceilings and vast flooring. People around here looked quite busy. Some had military uniforms and some wore different uniforms that I wasn’t aware of. There were civilians too. I approached the receptionist, who was busy talking with someone.

The receptionist lady looked like a nerd. She had dark brown hair with a uptied ponytail. She wore a formal dress with a blazer and shirt. I don’t know what she wore in the other lower half as I couldn’t see because of the desk table.

She seemed to be quarreling with a man in front of me. I have no idea what they are talking about.
Even after I waited for a couple of minutes, it doesn’t seem their conversation will end anytime. So I barged in,

“Umm, Could you just help me out for a second, miss?”, I asked politely but with a loud tone with an aggressive approach.

The glasses girl and the man looked at me. Both had this pissed off look as if they would both soon lash out on me any second.

The glasses girl fixed her glasses as she looked at me,
“Sorry for the wait! But this bozo over here keeps on pestering to register his complaints, directly to head the division. Nevermind him! So how can I help you?”, she asked me.

I was about to reply,
“I just..”
“Hey! Don’t ignore me, I have the authority as a public citizen of this country…”, suddenly the man in front interfered.

The glasses girl got pretty angry and turned towards the man,
“As I said you can’t do that! You need to get the appointment letter and then only I could forward your request.”

This is getting nowhere!
I pushed aside the old fart away and stood in his place.
“I am a newbie soldier appointed here today. Where should I go?”, I placed my question.

The old fart was angry at my actions and pouted in anger, I ignored him.

“Oh, so you are a newbie assigned soldier. You should have read the notice posted on the outside, did you not?”, she asked.

“Nope. Didn’t see any sorta notice, on my way.”, I replied back.

4