All Rookies Assembled- II
207 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I heard their footsteps got closer and stopped next to me.
"Hey there! You are a new recruit like us, right?", one of them asked loudly.

Dang, it! Can't you see a person was trying to get some rest alone?

I opened up my eyes and looked at the person who asked me the question.
There was this young man who leaned over and his face closer to mine. He looked the same age as me. He had long spiky hair, with a goofy face and wore a headband on his forehead. Was it to look cool? Nevermind.

"No, I just happened to come across this place to nap underneath the shade.", I replied.
How big of an idiot was he? Of course, we were gathered by the military police for recruitment. What other reason would I be here?

"Oh, okay. I see, sorry for disturbing you!", apologized the spiky-haired kid as he backed away.
"Please continue!"

I guess he really was dumb.

Just when,
"Can't you see! He's joking! How big of an idiot are you, Bruno?", the girl beside him said out loud to the spiky-haired boy, whose name was Bruno.

At least there were some people among the rookies with a bit of common sense. The girl seemed a bit older in her 20's. She gave this mature vibes and was pretty well endowed with quite a hot bod and tanned skin.

To this Bruno,
"Wait! You mean he was lying to me??", he looked in my direction, "How could you!! Why would you lie to me? I am disappointed in you, as a friend."

Who the heck was this guy?
He really had some brain issues. When did we become friends?
I would rather adopt a stray animal than befriend this buffoon.

I guess I had to ask them straight out.
"What do you want from me?", I asked.

The idiot guy was confused,
"We don't need anything. We just came to say hello!", he replied.

"If you are done. Can you leave now? Thank you!", I replied back.

To that, Bruno took a seat beside me forcefully and put his hand over my shoulder.
"We are friends! Don't need to be so rude! Smile."

Seriously!
The most difficult thing in this world to handle was a home infested with bed bugs and the next was a hyperactive, cheerful person who wanted to befriend the whole world.
These type of people, I hate the most! They were always clingy, energetic and pushy. They don't think twice what other person wants and force their own decisions. They always think they do the right thing. Wherever they go, they transform the atmosphere around other people to bright sunshine and rainbows. That just makes me sick.

I wanted to punch on his goofy face and shut his trap but that would mean more trouble. I don't want to be in the spotlight. Somehow I need to rise in ranks as soon as possible without causing any trouble.

For now, I shall tolerate his antics.

Just when he,
"Wow! You have pretty good muscles! Do you work out?", he asked as he groped my arms.

That's the limit, I balled up my fist and punched him in the face with a smack.

But then,
"What!", I squealed.

My punch was stopped before it could connect. An arm that appeared out of nowhere and grabbed my wrist. To my surprise, the one who stopped my punch was the third guy who accompanied them.

He stared me in the eye and gave off an eerie bloodlust. He had black messy hair and wore a pair of glasses. He had a rather good physique, unlike others. He wore well-groomed clothes that were neatly ironed.
"Back-off this instant!", he said agitatedly.

From his moves, I could tell that he was not an ordinary rookie. What was he doing with the guardsman regiment? Did he also not complete school and forced down to guardsman regiment, like me?

"You guys are the ones who approached me. You people need to back down and leave me alone.", I replied back.
I shrugged away his grip and freed my arm.

Bruno panicked,
"Hey, guys don't fight! Friends should never fight! We are comrades in arms. So let's get along with each other, shall we?"

"Listen up! I am not anyone's friend here and have no intention to be one. So leave me alone!", I said sternly.

To this the boy in glasses, who managed to stop my punch suddenly became furious.
"How could you decline my mas… I mean, my friend's request! You should be grateful you degenerate scum.", he lashed out loud.

People started to stare at us. Now, this had turned into mere commotion. He was pretty defensive about Bruno. What was his relationship with him?

"Shut up, William!", the girl shrieked and whacked over his head, "You are drawing a lot of attention!"

She then looked at me,
"Sorry for all the trouble. See you around."

She dragged both, Bruno and glasses boy, back into the crowd.
She was like their big sister. They were quite a unique bunch. I might need to keep an eye on them.

Soon, one of the military personnel arrived and ordered to gather around.

Everyone lined up and formed rows and columns. All of us stood in attentive posture.

The military instructor bought a wooden box and used it as a platform to stand. He had this bushy curly mustache and sideway combed hair. He glanced around the crowd with a serious look.

The crowd became restless and the atmosphere became heavy.
"Damn! That guy looks pretty strict.",
"Wasn't the guardsman a pretty easy job?"
"He looks scary! And what's with that mustache! It's creepy!"
And more random people whispered out of fear as they saw him.

At least he looked like a guy that takes his job seriously.

"Hello everyone! We got a lot of pretty boys, this time as well!", suddenly a feminine voice with a hoarse tone spoke out loud. To my surprise, the owner of the voice happened to belong to the same instructor as before.

"Welcome to guardsman regiment! We are here to protect the peace, spread joy and love across the town! Let's enjoy our youth to the fullest!", he continued with a loud and feminine tone and winked at the end of the statement. He twirled his body like he was some glamorous chick.
"So let's all get along!", he gave a flying kiss to the crowd with a wink.

This unsightly sight was just traumatizing. I had such high hopes but it turns out the guardsman regiment were just worthless scums of society.

At this point, I started reconsidering whether should I become a guardsman or not.

2