Chapter 5 – Things I May and May Not Understand
131 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAAAAR ?!!!! I WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY AND BLESSFUL NEW YEAR!!! Yeaaah?!!! ??????

A/U: very important note at the end of the chapter. That said, hope you'll enjoy this update.

~•~

A familiar bell softly rungs again and a bluish white flashes swiftly.

"It's been awhile," a childish voice greets, "how have you been these past few days, my dear bearer?"

"Ah, Keeper, you've come." I greeted back with a small smile, "It has indeed been awhile since the last time you've visited."

"I thought I might give you some time to familiarize yourself around, all with suddenly having a new family and circumstances..." The Keeper exhales, "It must have been something to deal with."

I chuckled, shaking my head lightly as I turn my attention back to the book I'm holding. "Yet you've forgotten to mention about something important, Keeper."

He turns to float above the desk and stretches his neck to look through my book, "have I?"

"Yes, you have."

With a single flip of a page, I held the book and showed him the part with a big bold words 'Gaea', then a picture of green and blue colored planet next to it. A description is there to read, and it says:

'Gaea, our home, is the third planet from the Sol. It's the only planet known to sustain life in all other planets that revolves the Sol. Gaea provides an atmosphere containing oxygen, oceans of water by its surface, and large lands and mountains...'

"Oh," the Keeper says, "I... uhm, it must have slipped out of mind. My bad, bearer, I didn't mean to keep it from you."

I chuckled lightly and said, "Gaea is the name of this planet, a name that traces back to the ancient Greek mythology. A fitting name for a planet, but it does not corresponds with Earth, the name I'm most familiar with. Furthermore, this Sol describes the star that is being rotated by planets, including Gaea, as the center of the solar system. Doesn't that sound like the sun?" I paused and scanned the remaining contents of the book I have yet to read quietly.

"You oath to tell me these, Keeper, and now you owe me an explanation."

I flipped some more pages, honestly just flicking through words. The language is still the same -- English -- but the names for some things, such as planets and countries, are unfamiliar. This is not the same as Earth's. 

"I do have some guesses but, I wanted to make sure." I said as I closed the book and focused my gaze to the floating little boy.

The Keeper sheepishly scratches the back of his head then says, "now that I have to explain, I'm not sure where to start, he-he..."

"I don't know if your kind has your own fundamental laws, but I'm not interested. Rest assured, you don't have to tell me the complicated stuffs." I offered.

"Then I'll just have to explain it in a language humans can understand," the Keeper cheekily smiles, "for starters, it has to do with your rebirth, my dear bearer..."

My wish was simple -- to have second chance in life. Although understandable, it was still a wish that is not very detailed even for a star keeper. So in the end, it was still the star keeper's decision on how to fulfill my wish and, after picking the best option he could think of, ultimately decided to send me to another world. That was still considered a new beginning, right? Although quite literally. 

For fear that I may not be able to adjust being in another foreign world, the star keeper chose a planet almost exactly as Earth's; Gaea.

Star keepers still have the limit of understanding the souls of their bearer's, even though they act like a person's personal index of life information. They could see the everyday events of their bearer's -- their entire lives, like watching a movie. But the star keepers could never see or hear the changes and thoughts within the bearers' minds. So unless spoken out loud, the star keepers would have no clue on what their bearer has on their hearts.

"-- in a way, " the Keeper continues, "I guess you can consider this situation as crossing to a parallel world. After all, Gaea is parallel to Earth's. Well, there oath to have changes still."

"There are 9 continents and 176 countries, all of which have names different from Earth's. There are 17 wonders of the world, 4 major religions, and a total of 5 world wars ever occured." I stated lightly, "among those continents, I'm in Largant, the 8th continent and the largest of all. My country is called Levatha, a first world kind of nation, and I live in Kinsrealm, the capital city of Levatha."

"Precisely! My bearer has done her research!"

"I've only read this book," I said as I gestured to the book on my desk.

"My bearer is such an amazing person! You can easily accumulate information in such a short time!"

"That is because I'm reading a general encyclopedia. It's not something to be proud of." I sighed lightly and stood up after putting the book back into the desk.

The Keeper floats his way as he followed behind me, his tone laced with tease, "oh, is that so? My bearer is such a humble person as usual. Not surprising, of course, you've been like this since your last life."

I continued walking out of my room and silently closed the door behind. The Keeper pops out in front of me, a small smile laced on his lips, but I ignored him. He seems to want to bark more teasing remarks, but knowing that I didn't budge, he decided against it.

"Where are you venturing to now, bearer? Unless being deliberately called to, you usually do not leave your room this early in the morning."

"It's 9am," I said and lightly added, "I'm on my way to my sisters' room. I haven't seen them lately."

"Oh, do you miss them? That's odd, considering that you're often than not a victim of their whims."

A feeling of resignation slowly crept to my chest, and I can't help but smile lightly, "Rather than missing them, I'm here to find out what's wrong. It's unusual to see them being this quiet."

I haven't seen the twins since yesterday after that lunch with Emelia. Perhaps I've gotten used to it, but I subconsciously waited for them to come and do their usual antics with me. But hours went by since I woke up and afternoon is soon to arrive, I have yet to see even a shadow of those two sisters. 

Later in the afternoon I'll have to go to the shopping center with Emelia, would those twins really let go of the opportunity of having fun outside?

I was puzzled and troubled. Though I hated the twins when they start acting like devils, I'm not used to the quiet, peaceful day. So I went out to seek an answer. 

"Good morning, young master Elias." Greeted Sebastian, our old butler whom I just stumbled upon the hallway, and also the person perfect to inquire with. 

After greeting him politely, I fixed my gaze directly to his eyes before slowly asked, "have you seen my older sisters? Where are they? I have yet to see them lately. Do you know anything about it?"

After all, you're the person called by Emelia yesterday after lunch. It's just a hunch, but Emelia mentioned about setting punishments for the twins and you must have been informed about it, if not involved.

Sebastian visibly hesitated, but being stared at by my persistent eyes, he finally yielded and answered.

"The Madam had them grounded for a few days 'till the birthday celebration of the Ainsley's only daughter," he says quietly, "until then, miss Iona and miss Leona are to stay in their rooms to self-reproa- ahem, to self-reflect, I meant."

He quickly adds, "However, the Madam made sure they will be well fed and cared of, so there is nothing to worry about, young master Elias. Furthermore, they are allowed to eat dinner in the dining room, so as to allow them fresh air and to dine with the whole family."

"Mm," I hummed, "that explains their absence. Thank you, Sebastian, you may go."

The old butler bowed his head and bid me a good day before he went to his way.

I know our mom, Emelia, is a gentle person, but when she's strict, she's a little scary. So I had initially thought she had given them harsher punishment. But now that knowing the twins are just grounded, although they can not leave their room, made me feel a little relieved. 

I considered going back to my room and play with my phone, but with a sudden burst of conscience, I finally decided to visit my twin sisters' room, except... I realized I was not familiar with the house's direction. 

I looked around me, hoping to see the floating little boy, but as usual, he appears and disappears like a bubble. I sighed and continued walking anyway. When I turned to a corner, I saw a maid walk out of a room. She greeted me as soon as she saw me with a small bow.

"Young master Elias,"

I waved a hand and called her over, "excuse me, do you mind leading me to my sisters' room please?"

"I, I don't. Young master Elias, you don't have to be polite with me. Please follow me."

"Okay, thank you." I nod as she gave me an awkward smile. 

For the past two weeks since I've woken up, three days of those are spent resting in my room while the remaining days are either spent outside the house playing with the twins or going to the dining room to eat. If not, I'm at my room playing with the puzzle games mom gave me or reading a book I found somewhere.

The house my family has is big, and for a seven years old's perspective, it's even bigger. The hallways could stretch forever and I wouldn't know where it would lead me. Besides that, I've never personally visited the rooms of my siblings and my parents. I'm completely clueless, to be exact.

We passed through doors before the maid lead me to the room closer to the edge and far from the stairs that leads to the first floor. With a small bow, she said, "young master Elias, we're here."

I nodded, "thank you."

"Am I needed for further instructions?"

"No, no need. You can go."

"Yes, young master. I wish you a nice day."

"Likewise."

I watched the maid walk further away. When she's gone, I drew closer to knock on the door, but a girlish voice startled me.

"Ely! Are you done exchanging pleasantries with the maid?" The clear, teasing voice of Iona came through the door.

"You know I'm here?"

"We can hear you from here, you know?" Instead of Iona, Leona answered for her.

I hummed, "why don't you open the door for me?"

"We can't." Both of them answered.

"Why not?"

"'cuz mom said we can't." Iona replies.

"If we open this door by ourselves, mom said she'll extend our punishment and we won't be able to attend little Arcene's birthday party."

"So you're really grounded..."

"You know we're grounded?!"

"He just said that, of course he knows, Iona."

"Sebastian told me about it," I said, "anyhow, are you both not really going to come with us in the mall?"

"If we can, we would!" Iona made a crying sound, "but mom is very strict, if she said we can't go north, then we can't go north, south, east and west!"

A small smile made its way to my lips, as I found Iona's words a little exaggerated, "Then what about the gifts?"

"What gifts?" The twins asked simultaneously.

"Didn't elder brother Alder mentioned last night about giving the Ainsley's daughter our individual gifts?" I replied.

"Oh right, Leo, elder brother did say that."

"I remember Io, but mom already said she'll pick the gifts for us instead..."

"Wait, no! I have an idea?"

"What is it?"

"Let our little bro Ely choose the gifts for us!"

"Huh? Why me?" I asked at the sudden mention of my name.

"Why not you?" Iona replied which was quickly followed by Leona.

"Yeah! Why not? You don't want to do it for us?"

"Ooh! Now I wanna know what kind of gift Ely will pick for us!"

"Wait, wait, don't sound like I'm picking a gift for your birthday, big sis. It's for the Ainsley's daughter." I quickly waved the idea and proposed another one instead, "since we'll give our individual gifts but you can't get out of your room, why don't you tell me what you want to gift for the Ainsley's birthday girl instead?"

"That's an even better idea!" Iona exclaims followed by giggles and agreement between the twins. Not even a second later did they declare. 

"I want a sword! I want to gift little Arcene a sword!" Iona excitedly says, "I want to play sword fighting with little Arcene! Oh, we're gonna have so much fun!"

"Then I want a hoverskate! If I give her one, then we can skate together and even race against each other!"

My temple started to ache suddenly. 'Sword? Why would you gift a little girl a sword? And what in the world is hoverskate? I, I...'

Maybe I shouldn't have come here and asked them about gifts in the first place...

•~•~•~•~•

A/U: I have to apologize about some things that may change the mood of the story. After making up my mind, I decided that I'll add some technologically advanced things, fiction of course. I won't make it too sci-fi, just enough that it'll feel "otherworldly" at least. Like for example evolved phones or this thing hoverskate that I just completely made up in a whim (which is basically shoes that can float and act like a skate).

I feel like it'll change the mood of the story, but at the same time, kinda gives me ideas for the plot, or how to advance the relationships of characters. In fact it helps me better in writing now that I think about it. 

Again, apologies for the sudden changes. I thought that this "otherworldly" reincarnation or isekai is self explanatory enough, but I realized I have to put it into words. I don't know when I'll start to edit my previous chapters (I may even never do it) but if I do, I'll make it so that it feels like our MC reincarnated to another world. 

That is all, and as always, thank you for reading!

7