Master’s Partner
417 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The doors to the huge Rhino vehicle from before opened, allowing the menacing woman from before to come into view once again. Carefully, she searched the area where she was certain she made an impact. There were debris spread all across the road but no trace of her target.

"Did he escape?", she said to herself as she snapped her fingers, summoning flying metallic creatures with spinning blades on the top of their heads and a single eye which glowed a red colour.

"Find him, retrieve the sword and kill the boy."

The creatures immediately set off to execute her command. Meanwhile, we had managed to get off right before the collision and got away from the highway, ensuring that no strange object followed us.

Since I had used my power at around the same area, my aura was left lingering thus giving me the opportunity to see and hear what happened there. Seksulfur had his hood on and held me tightly as we walked on the side of the path.

"Hey, are you listening?", his words called my attention away from the bright advanced buildings and wierdly dressed people.

"Y-Yes master, so we are in the era of the Neo technology?"

"Exactly. one thing though, don't call me 'Master', it feels odd"

"What shall I call you then, master?"

"There you go again. Just call me Sek"

I was confused since for centuries, I was restricted to calling my wielders 'Master'.

"Alright then, I'll explain some stuff about this era to you after I get home."

"What about our pursuers?"

"They won't find us.", he chuckled and began to increase his pace. After walking for a while, we got to an area with few people and stopped right in front of a tall and advanced house. He pressed the strange ornament in his ear and said, "I'm here."

Immediately, the door opened and standing before us was a pretty lady with glittering blue eyes and hair, white shirt and skirt which was short. I was a bit puzzled as to why Sek never complained. I mean, skirts as short as those were never accepted.

"If I don't get briefed on this era soon I might just go beserk"

"Love!", the pretty girl said as she hugged him tight and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"Haha. I-I got the sword", Sek blushed.

"You sure did!", she pulled him in by the hand and closed the door.

"-Incognitio mode activated-", the room spoke and the lights turned on, revealing the strange rounded seats and a glass table. Sek and the pretty girl sat really close and observed my ancient form.

"So it's allowed to have both male and female sit so close in this era? Wait, Could he be married?"

"Wow, they really are markings from the ancient Eʋe empire. So deep...", she moved her hands over my symbols and attempted to seathe my inner form.

"I wouldn't do that If I were you.", I said out loud. She immediately let go of my hilt with a bit of shock on her face.

"He got you too huh?", Sek laughed at the lady's expression. 

She laughed and slightly punched him on the shoulder, "Of course not. What else do you expect from a legendary blade?"

"Name.", I demanded.

"Huh?", she seemed quite puzzled.

"May I know your name?"

"Oh, it's Lykana", she giggled and leaned over supporting her head with her right palm while she held me in her left.

"It sounds familiar."

"It does?", she seemed surprised.

"I think I mentioned it on the sacred grounds", Sek spoke.

Lykana clapped, "Alright then, so now that we got the sword that means we've completed the first phase of our plan."

"Plan?", I thought to myself.

"Yes, we'll execute the next one tomorrow then.", Sek said with a glimpse of exitement on his face. "Okay, now I'll have to brief you on the stuff that have changed for centuries.", he turned to me. "But, calling you 'Legendary sword' feels pretty odd."

"I'm confused. How does calling me 'Legendary sword' sound odd?"

"Well, it's just too long."

"Then you may call me 'Dzinu'"

"Isn't that what the locals call you?"

"It is short so it's okay, isn't it?"

"Y-Yeah"

Lykana laughed after watching our conversation and got up, walking to the wall at the back.

"I'll get some food ready.", she smiled as a small portion of the wall opened, revealing another room behind and quickily got in.

"Alright, where to start", Sek stared at the ceiling.

Back at the crash site at around the same time, the metallic creatures that had been sent out returned to their commander.

"Did you locate them?"

A floating screen appeared before her, revealing a lot of information from the search. The woman had a look of relief after thoroughly going through.

"Good, we're leaving", she said as she entered the rhino vehicle and left the area right after my lingering aura disappeared.

"Why did she leave?", the thought worried me.

14