Planetary distinction
151 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days had passed and still, Sek had not awoken from his slumber. My vision along with my lost energy returned to me the other day and since then, I've been beside Sek waiting for him to come back... It was quite serene that day, the sun shone brightly and the leaves rustled as the wind gave them the opportunity to dance.

"...I might just be able to find some peace-"

"Waaaaaaah!!!"

Shyza's voice completly crushed everything... it was aa if every leaf stopped, annoyed at that cry baby... To be honest, I had not received peace and it was all because of her. I looked at Sek and wondered,"...How in the world are you asleep amidst this chaos?"

Shyza ran into the room, slamming the door open. "It was too hot!!", she sniffed as tears welled up in her eyes.

"May I know... what exactly you mean by that?", I sighed.

"Why does this place have to possess such old tech!?", she continued screaming without making any sense.

I kept silent for a moment,"... I still don't understand you."

"Huh?! ... Well, there was this strange box... and then I read some manual and then I followed it and then I touched it and then It burned me and then-"

"I still don't get you AT ALL!", I interrupted.

"... It was an oven... I wanted to prepare something simple for breakfast... and what I was confronted with was something as old as AN OVEN!", she fell on her knees and cried profusely.

"...I don't know what an oven is... and also, stop crying else your eye balls might dry up."

"How is that even p-ossible!?", she spoke while crying. "I wish I had brought my survival tech with meee."

I laid there, thinking of another way to get some food until a great thought came into my head,"I have a better idea."

"....Huh?", she sniffed. "What is it?"

"There must be something I could use from the forest."

She stared at me for a few moments, then tilted her head,"what?"

"Maybe... there could be some fruits out there."

"... Yes... and dangerous alien animals ready to devour us...", she got up and faced the other way, "Dear oven... I am returning."

I spoke up before she left,"...Do you want to hurt yourself even more!?"

She stood there silent... then shook a bit, slowly turning her head back. "What about him?"

I looked over at Sek,"I'll engulf the building in my aura... judging by the amount I have, it should die down at sunset.... we should be back by then."

"...You better be telling the truth.", she said as she slowly walked over and picked me up then got out of the wooden house.

"Okay then...", I released the energy I had saved and used it as a shield that prevented anyone from getting close. "Done."

Shyza tightened her grip on me,"...I have a bad feeling about this..."

"Don't worry about it", I assured her. "Let's go.", we entered the forest behind the building, the trees were oddly shaped... they looked like humans frozen in dance positions and their branches were extremely long, bearing huge leaves the size of a blanket.

"This is... spooky", Shyza said under her breath.

I noticed her fear and decided to ask some questions to get her mind off it while looking out for something we could eat. "Shyza... did you witness Sek's change in appearance back at the warehouse?"

"...Hmm?", she placed her index finger on het chin then smiled after a while,"Yup, you're curious as to why he became like that, right?"

"...Yes, I am", I answered.

"Hehe.", she giggled. "Well you see, there's something we call planetary distinction."

"Planetary... distinction?"

"Yeah, every human developed changes when they began to live on their individual planet. In this galaxy, there are five planets; the great mass, Faunaria, Glafacia, Scorx and Celladonia.", she stopped after reaching a two way path. "...What now?"

"... Hmm... let's take the left path. We'll return if we don't find anything.", I recommended.

"Okaaay.", she cheerfully skipped onto the left path covered with roots. "So, these planets have their own effects on humans... like this one we are on, the great mass for example... there is something strange with the atmosphere that gives people an amazing boost in their physical fitness... they are stronger, faster, stealthier, way more enduring and have excellent breathing abilities."

The lights coming from over turned a bit red in colour as we got into an area where the trees were completely red.

"... This place... is just too wierd.", Shyza's fear returned.

"... D-Don't worry about it... you were saying something?", I intervened in order to bring her mind back to what we were talking about.

"Uh, yes... well, as for Celladonians... there's a mysterious power that comes from their planet's four moons... When they first arrived there, they had to feed on wild flesh and soon, they discovered a huge wolf and killed it together... After feasting on its flesh, they gained extra-ordinary energy and the ability of the wolf that lets them absorb the moon's power... But then... they're looked down upon because they never had the chance to obtain neo shards, so they live primitive lives."

"Oh....", this bothered me a bit. "So Sek has been-"

A strange lake grabbedy attention... it was red but as clear as crystal water and around it, were juicy looking fruits which had their roots digging into the water.

"Wow!", Shyza walked closer. "It's so pretty and there are fruits around too!"

Truly... it was beautiful. There was even an opening that allowed light to reflect the cleaniness of the water... but, there was something unsettling... lurking around. I could sense it but couldn't see it even with my aura around. The urge to leave suddenly kicked me. "Shyza, we're leaving."

"What? Why?", she said as she was about to pick a fruit.

"We leave... or we die.", the ominous feeling engulfed the area... and the feeling of vengeful stares pierced.

2