Reduced to rubble
74 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"There are twenty of them.", my breath was the only thing that sounded in the midst of the thick silence.

"I only have 5 neuron laser loads and a neo shard cell.", I clicked on the regenerate button on my laser blaster.

"My storage cube works for now.", the cube floated closer.

I calmed myself, taking in long breaths and releasing them.

...

I dragged one foot foward, "Here I go!"

*BOOM*

An ant-like alien slammed its limb into the ground the second I moved, sending sand flying all over along with a small shock wave.

"S-Such force.", I leaped back. "They only attack moving objects.", so I thought until another alien appeared behind me in a flash and shot out an acid compound from its mouth.

I barely evaded as the sizzling liquid melted off a part of my left sleeve but these creatures didn't have it in mind to give me time to attack. The moment I steered clear of the acid-spitting beast, a powerful force knocked me onto the ground causing me to spit out blood and lose my grip on my laser blaster. The sand finally cleared, revealing this cockroach-looking alien that stood above me. It's mouth trying to cover its entire mouth with this brownish putrid liquid.

"Lubrication!?"

The beast raised its arm and brought it down with speed, trying to crush my head.

"Tch!", I immediately managed to grab it before it got to my face. "W-Way stronger than I expected. Have no choice b-but to use my wolf power for now.", slowly, I pushed its arm away whiles the veins on my face and arm began to pop up.

*SKRRRRRRR*

The roach tried to force it down against my strength but I was successfully pushing it away until it slammed its other arm down instead.

"H-Heh...", a chill ran down my spine after I had escaped by the skin of my teeth. Luckily, I was fast enough to tilt my head and now, it's other arm was stuck in the ground. Just then, the ground began to vibrate, "Huh? ... Some of them hid underground?", I pushed its arm away, grabbed my blaster and shot the roach's head to dust. Its body moved around in pain before finally falling dead.

Right after, two extremely long figures blasted out from the ground. Fortunately, I was right in the middle when they ejected. Without thinking too much, I grabbed one of the creatures' legs and was taken up along with it. It's full body finally pulled out of the ground, forcefully throwing me high above them.

It was then that I noticed its huge and elastic mouth with no teeth, "A worm? ... This one looks like a Faunarian insect. Are they really composed of just rocks in the first place?", they moved as if they were made of elastic substances.

The two worms opened their mouths, ready to gobble me up. "Kek.", smoothly, I aimed for their heads and timed accurately when they'd cross each other.

The moment their heads were aligned, I fired the laser bullet completely crushing both heads at the same time.

"BULLSEY- huh?", a sticky white substance binded me and brought me crashing into the ground at full force. Ignoring the ringing pain in my head and unbearable aching in my body, I ferociously tore off the substance and looked up. "Tch, forgot all about you."

*ROOOOAR*

The spider-looking alien that first came out gave a horrifying roar and that was when I noticed something. In a flash, I blasted its head before it could even take a single step foward.

"Indeed they do respond to sound but...", I looked around at the remaining sixteen aliens and they all they did was sit there surrounding me. "They hear little noises way more clearly and loudly but for high noises, they hear it as if it were an atom size human screaming.", I took a look at my remaining two neuron loads and neo shard cell at medium power. "They didn't respond to the spider alien's roar but that small sound the ground made when I dragged my feet."

A smile formed on my face, "Heh. Storage cube.", the aliens moved to attack but I dodged them all until they became calm again. The cube then appeared before me and immediately, I placed my hand into it and pulled out a small black cube then pressed on a button which activated its yellow lights.

Right after that, I threw it way up into the air. The yellow lights blinked rapidly and then turned off.

Suddenly, all of the aliens lunged towards the black cube, giving me the ultimate chance which I immediately seized.

"Neuron blaster, impalement activation max, full energy concentration.", the laser blaster turned dark red as I calmly aimed for the point where the aliens' heads would meet.

...

...

...

"THERE!!", a powerful blast from the blaster caused a recoil as it travelled in speed, completely destroying the heads of all sixteen aliens into nothing but rubble. Right then, I dropped the overheated blaster and ran from the area where their rock hard bodies would fall.

*CRASH!!*

Debris scattered all over, forcing me to protect my eyes from getting objects into it. A wave of relief washed over me after the debris settled and showed the dead bodies of the aliens before me.

I happily walked over and started counting,"13, 14, 15-", an instant fear gripped me after I realized that one alien remained. "W-Where is it!?", I thought to myself while desperately looking around.

Then out of the blue, the surviving alien burst out of the ground and lunged right at me. I evaded, leaving it to crash into the ground.

I immediately made a run for Dzilaiza who waited at the other side"Of all the others, it had to be the centipede."

*CRACK*

I began to slow down as the rock bridge that led to where Dzilaiza was had fallen apart into the deep dark canyon below. "Are you... kidding? Tch! I have no choice!!", just when I was about to jump, the centipede appeared right behind me, mouth wide open.

My end seemed imminent until... the beaded necklace I wore began to reflect the sun's light and instantly melted the red minerals in its eye.

*CRASH!!*

The alien lost direction and fell straight into the edge of the cliff at the other side with an impact that completely shattered its head to dust.

A bit surprised, I used the creature's body as a bridge and jumped onto the other side right before it plumeted down.

Silence ruled again as I laid down, covering my eyes from the rays of the sun. "I survived."

"-Seksulfur. life form activity ceased-", Dzilaiza informed.

I sat up, noticing the car already beside me with the control seat's door opened. A smile appeared on my face along with excitement as I saw Shyza's clothes," Shy-", and just like that... all at once, it was all shattered after seeing her still in that miserable state but this time, her eyes weren't wide open. They were a bit lowered.

My smile disappeared as I took control, "We leave."

2