Chapter 9. Somebody’s Got Into Trouble It Seems!
435 7 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Again. Sorry for the delay.

The coach drivers then took the carriage into the village and parked on a large piece of land near the wooden fence that surrounds the village.

Not long after, we are visited by a man around 40-50 years old, his hair was gray, but his body still looked good and strong. It looks like he is the Village Chief of this village.

Knowing that, the merchants and Casey apologized for coming late at night like this to his village.

Well, I don't have a clock here, but if you count it from sunset, the current time might be around 8 p.m. or 9 p.m.

After apologizing for coming late at night, to make the Village Chief feel less disturbed and then feel happy to them, the merchants also offered to the Village Chief, if there were some items or crops from their village that might want to be sold to them or there were items that villagers wanted to buy from the merchants while the merchants had their goods or have a desire to buy from the villager, the merchants will be happy to open their wares this tomorrow morning and Casey is also not left behind to offer help to the Village Chief in case of a monster attack, his party will be glad to help to subdue them and we too don't want to miss out on offering to help.

Even though this seems just a formality, but we really mean it.

"How often does this village gets attacked by monsters?" I asked the Village Chief, just curious.

“Ah, recently it's fortunate that our village rarely gets attacks by monsters. Sometimes what comes is a pack of wolves and wild animals such as wild boars that get lost from the forest to this village. The men in our village are enough to solve the problem."

"Oh ..."

In that case, it's good then.

I then ask the Village Chief about something related to my father's territory matter. The issue is that "If someone doing criminal things in the territory, the family member has to kick the family member who doing it." Does the effect of that policy become a problem for this village?

"How about suspicious people?" I asked in a roundabout way first.

"Ah, that ..."

Apparently, there is.

Village Chief said that two weeks ago they received some visitors, and there are three of them.

They initially allowed them to stay and then let them help some of the villagers work. They worked hard at first, however, after a few days, there was a case of theft in the village.

The Village Chief never got any report of crime during his tenure even since he lived in this village since childhood. He trusted the villagers, so they became suspicious of these three people and they just kicked them out of the village.

And that happened five days ago.

I immediately apologized in my heart to the Village Chief and the villagers who are here.

The Village Chief then told us that if the weather was bad and it was raining, we could evacuate immediately to the Village Chief's house.

After that, the Village Chief said goodbye to us and then we went to the empty place that the Village Chief allowed us to set up a tent.

I ordered Female Knight, Princess, and Beastkin to set up tents, because previously, while we still on the way on the journey, I and the Elf were in charge of setting up tents at the previous checkpoint, while they lit bonfires and prepared food.

This time I took care of lighting the campfire and of course, preparing the food.

The menu this time is the rest of the fish we caught in the small lake when we stopped at the checkpoint earlier. I took our custom-made animal skin container that filled with enough water which we made a place to hold the fish to keep the fish still alive and fresh before we processed it to eat.

I then took the fish, then banged the fish's head against the rock several times, then checked the fish for its life, then confirmed that the fish is dead, then cleaned its scales, cut open the bottom of the fish's body, removed its guts, drained the blood, and cleaned again with water, and then finally skewering the fish's body into a stick, then smearing the entire body of the fish with salt and some special seasonings from my territory then roasting it in a campfire.

I then looked back and found the employees of each merchant and Casey party finish setting up tents and were seen starting to prepare their own meals at their respective campfires too.

Next to that, I noticed Female Knight, Princess, and Beastkin also finished setting up the tent, and then they approached me and the Elf who is waiting for the fish to be grilled on the campfire really cooked.

"You heard that the merchants wanted to open a trade tomorrow morning, right? Do you think there is anything the villagers want to trade with them? What do you think they want to sell & purchase? " (Female Knight)

"Maybe root vegetables like potatoes or carrots?" (Beastkin)

"Will it not rot on the way until we arrive at the town later?" (Female Knight)

"The distance between the town and this village Casey said is only a day away, so the vegetables will still have time and won't rot within that time in my opinion." (Elf)

"Hmm ..." (Female Knight)

"Hey, but there is only a well here, right? And I asked earlier that the field that was opened in this village was only a few tens of square meters. I don't think they'll have any extra crops to sell to the merchants? ” (Princess)

"Speaking of which, on this trip we didn't meet bandits, right? Never mind bandits, monsters, or wild animals, we didn't even meet any of them.” I said, changing the sub-topic a little while giving them one by one the cooked grilled fish to the four of them. We then ate while continuing to discuss the topic.

"Well, what a coincidence! Speaking of bandits, I wonder why bandits always attack merchant groups more often? Logically, merchants always hire an escort team and I know there are merchants who are stingy and some are generous with money, but they must at least hire a strong escort. At least, like the member from Casey's party. But the bandits still dared to try to do things like that to them although they knowing about that." (Princess)

“They are both stupid and confident in their strength. You can't put that kind of primitive and inflexible logic into your brain anymore.” (Female Knight)

"Huh? That is not what I mean and not all bandits are all amateur. They could just be successful with their doing, right? " (Princess)

“Hey, if they're that strong why don't they just pillage the small village like this village? Most of the male powers in the village were all average. They will succeed, at least they got village girls and then they can sell them as slaves. They will make a lot of profit!”(Female Knight)

"Y-you! Try to count. For example, a village has a minimum population of 80-100 people. You need at least half of the madmen from the total target population to carry out such an action. And Fem ... are you're crazy? You dare to make an example like that. We're in a people's village. What if they overheard our conversation? They can misunderstand us! ” (Princess)

"Looks like Fem hates village girls so much because he keeps losing to osananajimi-osananajimi in our territory." (Elf)

""Ahahahaha!"" We laughed, except for Female Knight.

"Hah!? Aren't you the crazy one. You just came up with that logic and that profit and loss estimations. Aren't you the one whose brain is easier to abuse, Princess!? ” (Female Knight)

"What do you mean!" (Princess)

Ah, they were arguing.

“Ok-ok. Speaking of bandits and money, will you bring enough money to spend the night at the inn in the town later? I forgot to talk about this while we're still on the territory because of the matter of supplies and preparing the Elf's arrows. " (Unknown)

"I brought enough money." (Princess)

"Me too." (Elf)

"..."

We then found out Female Knight is very busy looking for something all over his body.

Somebody's got into trouble it seems!

“Ah, damn it! I forgot that we were going to stay at the inn while we're in that town! ” (Female Knight)

See?

"You thought we were going to live in your grandmother's house there? How can you even forget about such matter? ” (Unknown)

"What else I can do? People who forget are always like that, Unknown." (Female Knight)

Sigh ...

"So you didn't bring a single coin?" (Unknown)

"Ah, just a moment." Female Knight seemed to have remembered something.

Female Knight looked for something again all over his body, even until his shoes he checked, he tapped his shoes down repeatedly, and not long after, something fell to the ground. That thing then reflects the light of the moon.

A coin?

"..."

"Ah, found it!" (Female Knight)

"How many have you brought then?" (Unknown)

"One silver coin!" (Female Knight)

“Wow. Only one?" (Princess)

"That is still lucky you know! I have a habit of keeping emergency money in my clothes or shoes and that's my money now! ” (Female Knight)

"You?" (Unknown) to (Princess)

“5 silver coins, 10 copper coins. You?" (Princess)

"8 silver coins, 20 copper coins." (Unknown)

"You?" I asked Beastkin

“…” Beastkin took out his pouch and showed us its contents. We then counted them. One, two, three, four… 7 copper coins and 12 iron coins in total.

"THERE IS STILL SOMEONE WORSE THAN ME, APPARENTLY!?" (Female Knight)

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

14