Chapter 11. Morning Trades & Resuming The Journey
367 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Village Chief's Wife POV

"Who?" (Village Chief's Wife)

"The traveling merchant, the merchants from the territory of the two lords and their escort team." (Village Chief)

"Why do they come this late at night?" (Village Chief's Wife)

“Nothing unusual. They just too relaxed because they do not encounter any problems on the road. " (Village Chief)

"Oh." (Village Chief's Wife)

"Oh, yeah. Can you buy spices from them later? Also, they said that tomorrow morning they plan to open their wares. I'm already tired of the taste of dishes that always only use salt. Here is the money. Also, remind me to tell the villagers to let them know if there are items they want to trade with the merchants. Who knows those merchants are interested in buying their goods." (Village Chief )

“Sure.” (Village Chief's Wife)

"Alright. Let's sleep." (Village Chief)

Unknown's POV

The next morning, the Merchants unloaded and opened the boxes of their wares from the carriage for today's trading activities.

It was only for a while that the merchants set up their tent, many villagers already had come and gathered here.

They are curious about what items were sold by merchants.

For villagers who wanted to trade their goods to the merchants, they first asked the merchants, more precisely their employees, whether they wanted to buy goods from them or not? If the merchants wanted their items, then the villagers would return to their homes to bring the items they want to sell to them.

Meanwhile, we, the escorts team, served as guards.

It is true that the villagers here do not feel that they have such a significant threat to us, but there is nothing wrong with being vigilant in overcoming the potential for theft, and other unwanted situations.

Most of what the villagers buy from the merchants that I see were spices and several types of staple food for daily needs that this village does not produce. Only a handful of villagers have I found buying non-everyday items like clothing, cloth, or wine, which are quite pricey for the villagers.

Many parents who are shopping here or just sightseeing, also bring their children. They run here and there and laugh with their peers cheerfully.

Their behavior reminds me of Naru, Hina, and other children's characters in the anime 'Barak*mon'.

"..."

And then they suddenly approached us who were still on duty as guards.

"Hey, Big Bro! Are you an Adventure?” Asked one of the boys from the group.

"No." I replied, briefly.

"Eh? But why are you carrying a weapon?" He asked in surprise as he glanced at the ax and the throwing knife at my waist.

Sigh ...

“This Big Bro is not an Adventure yet, but this Big Bro is planning to become an Adventure in the town we are going at. This Big Bro has to join first ... and pass the test so this Big Bro can become a real Adventure."

"" Ohh ... ""

Just like that, they were amazed.

"Why? Do you want to be Adventure?” I ask

"Mmm!!", "I want too, Big Bro!", "I-I also want."

Woah, they were so excited.

"Heh ... So what weapon do you want to use?" Sword, arrow?" I ask them again with smile.

"Spear!"

"… Spear?" (Unknown)

""Yes!""

"Why?" (Unknown)

"My uncle who uses a sword often gets injured when driving away wild animals that enter the village, but my uncle's friends who use spears are rarely injured, so I want to make a spear!" 

This kid is really smart.

"What's this, so noisy?"

There is an old man approaching us.

My attention then moved to that old man.

"Ah, Village Chief." (Unknown)

It turned out that he was the Village Chief.

"Here, the children are said to want to be Adventure. Are there any villagers here who work as Adventure? " I asked.

"Oh, I see. Hahaha. There's not yet. As you know, this village is often a stopover for merchants and their escorts team, most of them are Adventure and they look very cool in their eyes. Maybe these children were affected because of that. "

"Oh, I see." I then returned my gaze to the boys again. "Keep up the spirit and eat lots of vegetables alright, kids!" (Unknown)

“Ack! Vegetables! ”,“ No! ”,“ Run ”,“ I don't like vegetables! ” "If I have to eat vegetables. I don't want to be an Adventuuuuure!”

They immediately ran in different directions.

Sigh ...

"... Everywhere, all kids are the same, huh." (Unknown)

"Hahahaha." (Village Chief)

***

“Hey, hey, hasn't it been too long? When will this buying and selling activity end? ”(Female Knight)

"You are right. This is taking too long. We should have left earlier. If we don't leave right now, we might end up being late at night again when we reach the next checkpoint. " (Casey)

"I asked the merchants when we were leaving while reminding them of this "late" problem, but they said they really didn't expect that ..." (Unknown)

The merchants did not expect that many villagers would buy their goods. A lot of transactions mean a lot of bargaining processes, and the process is very time-consuming.

So if they already know that, why the merchants don't stop their trade with the villagers?

They, the merchants, couldn't just close their tent because it was rude to the villagers. In addition, the villagers were already willing to accept them to spend the night in their village.

If the merchants do not care about this trivial matter. Maybe the next time they stop by for permission to spend the night in the village, they will be rejected by the villagers due to this bad treatment.

And the other merchants who didn't do anything wrong and wanted to stop by here could also suffer the repercussions if this was not handled properly. So they have to be careful not to take the wrong step.

Ah, this is bad.

However, in the end, the merchants then ignored it that dillemma and tidying up their wares, but they still tried to be as polite as possible to clear up the merchandise by gradually transporting their goods one by one to the carriage while serving the rest of the villagers who wanted to buy their wares.

Then the villagers who wanted to buy or just have a look started to leave their tent and one by one and the merchants then took that opportunity to tidying up their wares immediately.

"..."

"Have the trading activities been finished?" Casey asked the merchants and their employees.

"Yep."

"Then quickly tidy up everything so we can go straight to the town. Come on, hurry up, we'll be late at night again. " (Casey)

"Ah, that's right.", "Come on, let's hurry up.", "Aye!"

One by one the merchants and their employees nodded their heads and accelerated their activities in tidying their wares.

After the merchants' goods were all transported to the carriage, they finished trading with the villagers. We immediately took our leave and thanked the Village Chief and other villagers for being allowed to spend the night in their village.

When we finished that formality, we then resumed our journey again to the town.

It took a day to get to the town according to estimates by merchants and Casey.

We accelerated our pace a little because the day was getting close to noon and our distance from the checkpoint was still too far away.

Supposedly, we should have reached the checkpoint by noon

In fact, I've been looking forward to being able to enjoy this trip as leisurely as the previous one. But now we just pass by the wonderful surrounding scenery which should be enjoyed casually, must be enjoyed in a hurry like being chased by a monster like this!

Ah, these beautiful sceneries we had to pass in this state.

Ahhhhh !!!

I can finally meet the magnificent scenery, green grass, hills that stretch beautifully like the background art that usually found in isekai anime or like the wallpaper in W*ndows XP, but the situation doesn't allow me to enjoy this stunning scenery calmly!

Wasn't there a view like this on the previous trip?

Yes!

On the first trip, the landscapes near our territory were mostly forest and forest.

And after I met a wide view like the one in front of me now, I must enjoy it with a state of running like this to catch the time.

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

 

14