Chapter 12. Sh*t!? Where, Where!?”
361 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was getting dark, but the last checkpoint (a place to camp) was still quite far said the merchants and it was confirmed again by Casey when I asked him about it.

We continued our journey with high alertness, as there were only forests on both sides of the road.

"Wolves." (Casey)

“Sh*t !? Where, where!?" (Female Knight, me, and some of the Casey's Party members who were in front, served as vanguards, panicked, and the whole group also caught up with the furor and they quickly took out their respective weapons.

"Ah no. They are dead. (Casey)

"Eh?" (Female Knight)

"What?" (Casey's group members)

"Take a look." (Casey)

"Ah, that's right." (Female Knight)

“…” Casey's group members, Female Knight and I who were in charge of walking in front of the group (becoming vanguard), approached the wolves.

There were five wolves, all of them are dead and their bodies covered in blood.

"Wait here, I'll check it more closely." (Casey)

"..." (Casey)

"How is it?" (Female Knight)

“Judging from the wound, it looks like this wolf pack was killed by humans. There were several cuts on the abdomen and all over the body which I believe were done using a sharp weapon like a sword. If we look closely, they have only died a day or two. Their blood is still fresh. " (Casey)

“By sword?” Guess Female Knight.

“Yes. The highest possibility is that.” (Casey).

"Hmm ... that means there is a group of humans ahead of us." (Merchants)

"Yes." (Casey)

“From their killing of these wolves, they might want to prevent these wolves from attacking other humans passing by but there is another possibility. Let's just hope that the one who killed this wolf was good guys and not bandits. (Unknown)

"Yes. Just stay alert. " (Casey)

"Yes sir!" (All of us who became vanguards at the front answered in unison)

"Let's go." (Casey)

We then continued our journey in the dark of night, we must arrive at the checkpoint as soon as possible.

***

We made it to the checkpoint area, but there was a huge commotion in the distance.

"Wow, what's that commotion over there?" Exclaimed Female Knight while looked at the distance.

"Ah, bandits!" (Casey)

""What!?""

“Let's help them, it looks like the group of humans who killed the wolves was attacked by the bandits. (Female Knight) "

"Wait." (Casey)

"Why?" (Female Knight)

"Looks like they are all bandits." (Casey)

""Huh?""

"Look at it carefully." (Casey)

"Ah!? It is true!"

"That true."

"Looks like the bandits were attacked by a pack of wolves while taking a break at the checkpoint before they want doing their bad deeds like want to raided the carriage that was passing by?" (Princess)

The wolf pack appeared to be a lot, while the number of the bandits was only about 15-20 people. They are overwhelmed by the attack of the wolves.

"Let them fight." (Casey)

""Yes.""

"..."

The bandits fought tooth and nail against the wolves. There were bandits who tried to keep calm while swinging their swords and spears when attacking the wolves. There were also bandits who were doing it very randomly and just swinging their swords at them. Their carelessness resulted in their comrades being hit by their fellow's sword and that further weakened the bandits' resistance.

"Ah, what is that?" Elf suddenly pointed at the night sky.

There are objects streaking across the night sky and these objects are shining, reflecting the moonlight.

Upon careful attention, it turned out that it was-

“Sh*t! Arrows!!" (Unknown)

""F*ck!""

"Take the horse away, hurry!" (Casey & All Merchants said at the same time)

"We won't make it, sir!" The four carriage drivers panicked because the carriage horse was moving slowly and concluded that they could not bring the horse to avoid the arrows.

“Robert, Hezz, Gerard! Protect the horse immediately! The others take cover to the carriage, hurry! " Order Casey to the Shield User of their party member and us.

We rushed to take cover under the carriage and several members of Casey’s Party, the shield user, also rushed to protect the horse with their shield from the arrows.

Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Twang!

The sound of arrows sticking into the roof of the carriage, the ground, and metal objects (shields?) then heard by us.

“Damn it! Are they pissed off we let them be attacked by wolves?"

"Return fire!"

""Yes!""

"Hey, wait!" (Casey)

The three members of Casey archer, were furious and they responded by giving volley arrows to the bandits who were busy fighting the wolf earlier, Elf also followed suit. They heeded Casey's warning.

Woosh! Woosh! Woosh! Woosh!

Several arrows from our group shot flying volley at the fighting bandits and wolves.

Some were hit and some were grazed the bandits, unfortunately, our group's arrows hit more wolves than bandits, and it seemed the attack of our archer attracted the attention of the wolf pack. The wolf pack then focuses on our position.

It looks like the wolf pack judged our present to be a threat too and some of them then ran this way.

"Ah!" The archer's group was shocked by the plot twist they had just seen.

"I TOLD YOU ALREADY, IDIOT!!" Casey is very mad. “Prepare for the attack!" Casey continued and immediately took out his weapon.

I, Elf, Female Knight, Princess, Beastkin, and other Casey’s Party, also took out our respective weapons.

There were a total of 12 wolves running here nimbly.

Their mouths and bodies were covered with blood. Whose blood? We don't know, maybe the blood of bandits or maybe the blood of the wolves itself.

They made us freeze for a few seconds but we were able to get our heads back.

The archers, including Elf, attacked the wolf pack first. They shot the wolves and about 4 wolves were successfully paralyzed first by their fast & sharp arrows.

They then wanted to shoot the wolves again, but the wild wolves were very fast and agile, in an instant they were in front of us and their opportunity to shoot, disappeared in an instant! Their time ran out when they wanted to aim at the wolves!

Then the others (including me) immediately responded by moving forward and attacking the rest of the wolves.

Casey and his non-archer party members took an offensive stance while protecting the merchants, and my party doing that as well.

I throw my throwing knife and hit the front body of one of the wolves, but the wolf that I threw the throwing knife earlier, still hasn't stopped.

I prepared to attack again then I slashed with my ax towards the wolf that jumped at me while dodging to the right so that the ramming from the jumping wolf didn't hit my body.

The ax slash seemed to hit the wolf's body after I felt the feedback from the ax I was holding.

I then observed the condition of the wolf I attacked and prepared to launch the next attack, but for some reason, the people around me suddenly shouted at me.

I automatically turned to the direction the sound came from, and I found the Casey party who was initially busy trying to deal with several wolves trying to hurt them, and my party doing the same while protecting the merchants, drivers, and carriage horses, both watching. towards the wolf that escaped their defenses and was heading towards me.

I took a stance and prepared to attack.

Seeing the wolf's movement, it seemed like he was going to target my feet, I was ready to throw my throwing knife again at the wolf, unfortunately, when I was about to throw the knife, I heard the sound of another wolf behind me and I just remembered the wolf I attacked earlier I haven't finished him yet!

I panicked a little. I'm sure that wolf can still move and then attack me. And I can't just look behind me because the other wolves are attacking in my opposite position, which is, in front of me!

Then ...

Woooshhh !!

There were arrows flying past me and the sound of a sharp object piercing the flesh then I heard not long after.

Realizing this, I spontaneously threw my throwing knife at the wolf that was aiming for my feet earlier, and it was fortunate that the knife I threw happened to hit the wolf by its leg too.

Instantly, the wolf flung and rolled towards me and I immediately swung my ax at the wolf's neck which was full of opening and finished him off.

I then looked back, and I found that there was an arrow stuck in the wolf that I first attacked and I saw Elf who was still busy with his business shooting at the other wolves, not long after that looking at me and giving me a thumbs up.

I replied by giving my thumbs up again, telling him that I thanked him for this assistance as well as telling him that I was okay, then I saw him continue to concentrate on fighting again.

Not long after, the wolves that attacked our group were successfully eliminated. Luckily no one was injured from the attack and the archers from the Casey party and also Elf, retrieved the arrows they fired earlier at the wolves that attacked us and I also took back my throwing knife from the two wolves that I attacked.

"Oh, God. The fight between the bandits and the wolves isn't over yet. ” Said one of the Casey's Party members, after finding that the bandits were still struggling.

They were still fighting each other, but the bandits were definitely the losers.

"Their annihilation is just a matter of time." (Another member of Casey's Party)

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

 

15