Chapter 13. We Then Looted Them.
350 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why they do not try to escape?" (Female Knight)

"Naive! Can't you tell which one runs faster? Wolf or human? You run, the wolf will overtake you in just matter of seconds! ” (Another member of Casey's Party)

"Ah, that's right." (Female Knight)

"So what do we do now?" (Unknown)

"How about it, sir?" (Casey)

“Ah, Mmm… C-can we rest for a bit? W-we want to calm ourselves down first. " (Merchants)

"Sure. Take your time." (Casey)

"T-thank you." (Merchants)

"..."

“Looks like they went into shock from the wolf attack earlier. Well, It can't be helped. I, who was mentally prepared, falter too in the end, let alone them. "(Princess)

“Well, I don't know what it feels like if the bandits attack us, not the wolves. They are human, it will be different too. " (Unknown)

"Yeah." (Casey)

"Casey, have you ever killed a human?" (Unknown)

"Yes. But only bandits, thugs and some other people who commit crimes. Have you never killed human? " (Casey)

"For a human, not yet." (Unknown)

“Hmm… but you should be mentally trained first to be ready when the situation is urgent. Aren't you taught to kill humanoid monsters like goblins? ” (Casey)

“Goblin, huh … you know in our territory lately for some reason, monsters are rarely visited. And you can tell because you stayed a few nights in our territory with those traveling merchants, right? Whereas in the past, our territory was attacked by them along with a variety of other small monsters and the teenagers in our territory could practice with it. But now, when it was our turn, we had never encountered a humanoid monster that we could use for our training. We honestly hoped that at least we would meet on the way or in Boles Village, but they didn't show up. " (Unknown)

"..."

About half an hour later, the battle between the bandits and the wolves had reached its climax.

The wolf packs left with their mouths and bodies covered in blood, leaving the bandits lying on the ground also covered in blood.

We then moved closer to the sea of ​​blood from the bandits that had been attacked by the wolf. There are some who are still alive, they are moaning in pain and asking for help.

Many of their bellies were all rolled out, their necks almost cut off. Their hands, feet, and all of their bodies which were covered in leather armor, were torn apart along with the real skins of their bodies.

And they are still breathing. But that was it. Their wounds were beyond our ability to help.

This sight is terrible. The faces of my party, the merchants, and employees were pale, even the Casey Party was like that too.

We are horrified, we may both imagine what if we were the ones who experienced this tragic incident and not the bandits.

We helped the bandits who were still alive but badly injured by ending their suffering by killing them.

That's the only good deed we can do for them.

Their wounds were too bad and it was beyond our ability to help.

And they are just bandits after all.

We then looted them.

Their swords, knives, money, shoes, clothes, and their belongings that could still be used or resold, we took them all until they did not leave even a single garment on their bodies.

This act was so cruel and it is true.

At least we will bury their bodies.

We make 4 holes with a depth of about 1-2 meters each with a distance of about 5 meters from the road. We will stuff them all in those holes so that their bodies don't rot in the wrong place and cause disease and harm other people.

We also hide their blood with soil.

“Honestly, I feel very grateful that we were able to avoid this tragedy because we were delayed in the village earlier. I even had time to say something nonsense in my heart to the villagers because they slowed us down from departing because they didn't stop with their trade." Said Female Knight as he pulled the leg of one of the bandit's corpses, which already had no head, near the hole that was being dug.

"Me too." (One of Casey's Party members)

"Same." (Another member of Casey's Party)

"It is true. If just one of us asks merchants to close their merchandise so that we don't get to the checkpoint late and don't think about the feelings of the villagers, we might be the ones who will experience this tragedy. (Princess)

“…” The other merchants and all their employees, including us, nodded in agreement.

Princess was just ridiculing Female Knight, but many didn't know that Female Knight complained at that time so they don't have the idea and just kept quiet.

“… So, what about it, sir? Should we rest here or continue our journey?" Ask Casey to one of the traveling merchants.

It seems like Casey finds it hard to make decisions on his own after knowing what it will be like if someone only thinks about himself and doesn't allow others to give their opinion and get their approval first.

"Oh, uh ... what do you think about, all of you?" (Traveling Merchant).

The Traveling Merchant was also infected with the feeling that it was hard to make his own decisions.

"I choose to continue our journey. Indeed we push ourselves and our horses but we better move, right? " (Our Territory Merchant)

Oh, someone's starting to express their opinion. Who will be the side of our territory merchants and who will be the opposition party? Is there any?

"That's right.", "It's okay, sir. Let's just continue our journey. " Answer their employees behind and other merchants.

Oh, no one seems to be in opposition. That's great. I also don't want any drama here and I'm also one of those people who want to leave here quickly because I feel a bit unsafe.

"Okay. What do you think, Loed? Do you think our horses can still walk? " Ask the Traveling Merchant to his carriage driver.

"If the normal walk, I think the horses can still walk, sir. You too, right? " Answer the driver traveling merchant while asking his fellow drivers of other carriages.

"Yes, sir." "It safe, sir!"

“Good. Casey? " The Traveling Merchant looked relieved that no one objected, he then shifted his gaze to Casey.

 “…” Casey nodded and then looked at the members and the five of us, asking for approval. We all nodded quickly.

No one dared to take bigger risks. We are sleepy and it is true. But we were horrified that there was a chance that we might be attacked by too many wolves like those bandits, so we just choose to continue on our journey instead of camping in an open area like this.

"Okay. After we bury them (bandits) all. We will go straight away. " Traveling Merchant.

"Yessir!"

"Then quickly dig the hole." Traveling Merchant.

"Aye!"

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

 

12