Chapter 18. Adventure Guild
260 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello, it’s Wildan here. Sorry for the delay. At that time I was working on my thesis to get my bachelor's degree in computer and the deadline was January 7th. And luckily, I managed to finish and collect my thesis at the last second.

My thesis supervisor was very angry at me, but she still congratulates me because I managed to finish it on time. Anyway, happy reading.

This Adventure Guild building only has one floor.

Near the building, there is a horse-drawn carriage parking lot or you could say it is a horse stable, complete with two people in charge too. We saw many horses being fed and their dung being cleaned.

Not long after, a horse carriage arrived. The horse-drawn carriage looks pretty expensive, and it looks like they want to park there.

However, because the driver of the carriage found that horse dung, the carriage driver swerved and drifted away from there.

But it seems the carriage driver does that with his own volition and doesn't ask the person in the carriage first.

I found one girl who popped her head out of the horse carriage window. I saw her seemingly displaying an expression of confusion about her surroundings.

Well, I don’t really care about that.

And since we were only walking on foot to get here and we didn't have our own horse carriage, we went straight into the Adventure Guild building.

"Wow ..." (Princess)

"It's sure busy." (Female Knight)

"Yeah, it's jam-packed." (Princess)

It seems it's Adventure Guild's rush hour.

We have the whole room filled with adventures.

In this one-floor building. This room is very difficult for us to breathe.

Apart from the fact that there are too many people, the smell of the air in this room is also so luxurious because it is made from the smell of sweat specially produced by adventurers body odor who are exposed to the hot sun all day.

The ladies' receptionists who serve the adventures at each counter, whose desks are designed like banks or government offices, seem disturbed too and many cover their noses with their own respected handkerchiefs while they doing their job to serve the adventures.

We also saw many adventurers standing in front of the bulletin board full of parchments. Perhaps all the missions or request papers were posted there.

There are three bulletin boards inside this room and they are installed on each wall of this room.

I don't think all missions and request papers are posted there. I found that one adventure had just removed a parchment with force that had been installed on one of the bulletin boards, then he lumped up the parchment he just forcefully removed and put it in his trouser pocket.

He then passed near us and I could hear him muttering with an angry face.

"Hey, is the bulletin board in that corner specifically for news-related?"

I found Female Knight asking one of the adventurers who had a fairly large body who was engrossed in talking with his colleagues.

"Yeah. Are you new here, lad? Alright, since I'm in a good mood right now, I'll be kind enough to provide you with basic information. In Adventure Guild, there are three kinds of bulletin boards. The first is a bulletin board specifically for missions issued by the Adventure Guild, the second is a bulletin board specifically for missions issued by the nobles and the last is a bulletin board specifically for information, news, and the like. If you want to know the basics here, you'd better head over to that last bulletin board. There is information on the registration requirements for adventure and the like. The ladies at the counter won't serve you if you don't know the basics of Adventure Guild. ”

“Oh, may I know why the nobles bulletin board and the Adventure Guild bulletin board got separated? Is it because of the pride of the nobles?" (Female Knight)

"Hahahahaha!"

Why is this man suddenly laughing by himself?

I and Female Knight then looked at each other.

“That's true, but that doesn't cover everything. Why was the bulletin board for nobles specially made like that, you ask? Well, do you know about D-Rank?"

“Yeah, I know. It was a rank of strength for adventurers. So what?" (Female Knight)

“That's a metaphor, lad! A metaphor! D-Rank and other ranks above it are already considered rich or noble from the point of view of us, the adventurers, and that applies to the entire kingdom! ”

"Is it true?" (Female Knight)

"Yeah!"

But I don't see Casey like that.

… Or he just wants to look simple.

Maybe that's true. I just remembered the equipment, armor, and sword he was wearing was high-quality but it is difficult for the layman to distinguish..

"So, what rank are you in?" (Female Knight)

"E-rank peak!!"

"Whut?" (Female Knight)

“…”

"Alright, I'll explain a little more, ahem, it's like this ... blah-blah-blah."

The world is filled with social class everywhere.

Adventure ranks that have been divided into F, E, D, C, B, A, and S are still divided into three levels for each rank.

Low, Medium, and Peak.

So each rank, for example, the F-Rank has three levels,

Low F-rank, Medium F-rank, and  F-rank Peak.

E-Rank and above are the same.

Is Casey's information out of date?

Low, Medium, and Peak in the F-Rank they said would not really make any difference in their strength.

But when it's E-Rank, it starts to look different.

It was said that this system was only implemented by the Adventure Guild in the royal capital a year ago and the information only got here a few months ago and took effect only recently.

I asked this big man again are there general guidelines about this? Like that has been widely adopted as a handy way to quickly reference the strength of adventures as Casey once pointed out.

Like how much the average manpower equal with F-rank, E-rank, and so on?

F-Rank = the equivalent of one average male strength

E-Rank = the equivalent of two average male powers

And so on and so forth.

You all remember Casey said this, right?

However, this man doesn't want to share that information!

How stingy!

So in essence, the bulletin board was only for nobles, AKA adventures whose rank was already high.

A D-rank and above!

"To be honest, other information on why the bulletin board was called like that, it was because many nobles also made paper requests and posted them there. And the requests that the nobles put out are unique. ”

"Unique?" (Female Knight)

"You can find out where the uniqueness lies by looking at the bulletin board itself."

We feel dissatisfied but we must still give thanks to him.

"Is it true? Thank you, then. That helps us a lot. My name is Female Knight. May I know your name?" (Female Knight)

“Female Knight? What is that?" The man raised his eyebrows.

“It's my moniker. Let's say I just too obsessed with the female knight thing and I want to make them my wife. "

"Hahaha! Alright. Then I'll also tell you my moniker! I am often called here as ... "

Alright. Because his moniker is too confusing, long, and not easy to remember. Let's just say his moniker is "Good Mood Man".

And Female Knight has now managed to get a connection from one of the adventures on his first day in this town.

Not long after, he approached me and asked.

"So ... what now?" (Female Knight)

"Let's go to that information bulletin board first." (Princess)

“Sure." (Female Knight)

I then passed through the sea of ​​adventures and made it to the front of the bulletin board with great effort.

I looked at the information posted here.

There are many parchments with slightly large letters whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage people to read them.

One of which tells you about the new opening of a blacksmith shop and they are giving discounts for the swords and armor they sell in their shop, there are also other blacksmith shops that don't want to lose and also offer the discounts plus free weapon maintenance, then there are also shops that specialize in preserved foods for long trips and …

"..."

Whatever. Everything in here is full of ads.

I then move to another section.

Oh ...

In this section, finally, there are parchments posted that provide more useful information, like … information regarding registration for those who want to become adventurers as well as basic information about the Adventure Guild, etc.

Let's take a look.

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

11