Chapter 17. Rijeka Town (Part 2)
276 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the delay

We walked down the street in Rijeka Town, looking around to find out what the town of 2200 peoples has to offer.

... And yeah plus 800 more of those who is not local people like us, I almost forgot about that.

Anyway, the streets in this town were narrow and busy. They were noisy with the town crier, church bells, and traders calling out their wares. There were many fast food sellers, selling such things as hot sheep's feet, beef-ribs, etc.

Many traders are also seen opening their stalls again because the rain had stopped.

The two of us then stopped in front of the stalls selling skewered meat, we bought some of that food then enjoyed it while continuing our walk tour.

"Hey, Beastkin. How much did you get from the bandits yesterday? ” (Unknown)

"Two."

"Copper coin?"

Definitely silve-

"Gold." Answer Beastkin, flatly.

.... eh.

....................................... Eeeeehhhh !?

Gold !!?

Not silver?

I thought this joke still continued?

But, Eeeeehhhh!?!?

Reallllllly !?

"G-gold !?" I asked, still in disbelief.

“…” Beastkin nodded.

"Where did you get it- Which bandit?" (Unknown)

"I found it in one of the bandits whose guts were popping out." (Beastkin)

“We can discuss some of the motives why he has gold coins in his stomach. Maybe it was swallowed, maybe he kept it there because the situation cornered him and he could get the money out when he had defecated. " Continued Beastkin

Yeah, you're starting to sound like H*ratio C*ine from that American television series.

She is a body packer!

I still remember when he said that to the body of a woman found on one of the beaches in Miami, Florida, it turns out that after being investigated, she was used to smuggling drugs in her stomach.

"..."

“Wow… That means you're safe for over 2 months, Beastkin. That is the fortune of pious children. "

“…” Beastkin

 

Princess POV

A few minutes after we parted ways with Unknown and Beastkin. Female Knight and I headed straight for the Adventure Guild in this town.

Because it's our first time coming to this town. We don't know where it is.

Several boys and girls in tattered clothes came up to us.

Their hair is dull, their bodies are thin and they look like they haven't eaten and I'm sure they haven't really eaten yet, and they're starving, but the cheerful atmosphere they give off, betrayed it. They remain excited with their little voices.

Still, judging by their frail bodies ...

“Big Bro, do you want to go somewhere? I can show you the way! "

"No! Just choose me, Big Bro! "

"I do it, Big Bro! My service fee is cheaper! ”

Hmm… are these kids looking for money by providing guide services to people? Interesting. Oh, this girl is just silent. Is she afraid of us? She took cover behind one of the boy's bodies.

When our eyes met, the girl looked away, but a few moments later she ventured to look at us and spoke.

“I-I'll show you the way. Just food is fine. " She said.

"..."

I then whispered to Female Knight.

"How is it?" I asked.

"We still have leftovers from our travel provisions. Just give them the food for payment." (Female Knight)

"Okay." (Princess)

"..."

I then returned my gaze to the children.

I want to get straight to the point of talking about food as a guide fee, but I wonder how much they charge for showing people the way normally?

"You, how much do you charge for your guide services?" (Princess)

"Me? Oh! Only 10 iron coins, Big Bro!" Replied the boy.

10 iron coins? Means only 1 Copper. Enough to buy a small size of loaf.

And hearing the two of us discussing the fee payment, the other kids suddenly burst in.

"Big Bro, Big Bro! Just choose me. My service is only 8 iron coins! "

"I'm only 5 iron coins!"

“…” I looked at the girl, she still takes cover behind one of those boys earlier, watching the boys' heated argument with curious eyes.

"Just choose me, Big Bro! They do charge a low price, but I know more about this town! " (10 iron coin kid)

"No! No! Our knowledge is equal! Just choose me, Big Bro! " (8 iron coins kid)

"I do it, Big Bro! I'm cheaper! Their knowledge is useless, you only want to go to important places like the Adventure Guild or Inn, right! I am enough! " (5 Iron coins kid)

"Arghhh ... you!" (10 iron coins kid)

"It's true, right? Why do you know the whole town if people only want to know the direction to the Adventure Guild, the market or the inn! ” (5 Iron coins kid)

"Let’s fight then!" (10 iron coins kid)

“Alright. Just come here! No need to worry!" (5 iron coins kid)

"..."

"Hey, hey, hey! It’s enough. I don't care which one is the cheapest or which one knows best about this town. We had some leftover of rye bread and beef jerky. Do you want it? But you have to take us to the Adventure Guild first! ” (Female Knight)

"Oh!" (5 Iron coins kid)

"I want, Big Bro. I want!" (8 Iron coins kid)

"Finally, I can eat!" (10 Iron coins kid)

"T-thank, God ..." I found the girl crying in tears.

"Then what are you waiting for? Hurry, lead the way! ” (Female Knight)

"" Yes, sir! ""

They answered simultaneously and immediately jogged, leading us to the location where the Adventure Guild is located.

"..."

"Hey, you guys aren't used by adults, are you?" I asked, on a whim.

"What do you mean, Big bro?" (5 Iron coins kid)

“You know… You're doing this for money, right? The money that you get, is it for your own use, or is it to be given to someone? " (Princess)

"The money I got, it was for myself. I don't give it to anyone else." (5 Iron coins kid)

"Me too, Big Bro!" (10 Iron coins kid)

"Me, too." (8 Iron coins kid)

“…” This girl also agreed. She nodded with a shy expression.

"Is it true?" I asked again.

"" Yes! "" They replied, in unison.

"Okay." (Princess)

But I also didn't fully believe their answer right away.

Even though they answered with innocent faces. Still, there are doubts in my mind.

They were kids, they could have been trained by an experienced grown-up managing this act to make their whereabouts unnoticed or something.

However, if they are really not used by adults to work and earn money for them money. It’s good then.

"..."

Even though the streets in this town were already paved, the roads here couldn't escape fate like the roads outside which are not paved.

The streets in the town are quite muddy and inundated by rain on the sections of roads that are damaged and have potholes, but the people here don't care about that. Whether it's a carriage or a pedestrian, they just break through that muddy road. Help restore the hustle and bustle of the town which had been stopped due to rain a while ago.

"..."

Not long after, we arrived at the Adventure Guild.

Outside the Adventure Guild building, you can see a lot of people carrying various weapons in their waist or their back and wearing armor, well-built body, etc. who come out and go in from the building.

I then took out a package of rye bread and beef jerky which we promised we would give to the children as payment for their guide services and distributed it to them fairly.

They were happy to receive it, they seemed to really appreciate the bread and beef jerky and kept the food in their hands tightly.

Then they thanked us. Then they said goodbye to us and blended in the crowd.

"I hope they're okay." (Female Knight)

"Yeah." (Princess)

"Let's go inside." (Female Knight)

"Okay." (Princess)

We then walked to the entrance of the Adventure Guild building.

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

 

10