Chapter 23. Something’s Not Right
215 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the delay. Happy reading.

Unknown’s POV

After satisfied walking around and it was getting late at night, Beastkin and I asked the people in the town, where Ami the Half Elf's inn was located.

After knowing about where it was, we both headed there while asking for directions again to the people in the street just in case that we don't get lost or take the wrong path.

On the way, Beastkin and I happened to re-group again with Female Knight and Princess earlier than I expected ...

But they both looked tired and sluggish. What's wrong with them?

There was no way they could be exhausted like that just from walking around this town, right?

"Hey, what happened ?" (Unknown)

“Oh, Unknown! I don't know, we were suddenly got attacked by a group of men. The two of us got into a fight, but we managed to repel them.” (Female Knight)

“…” (Beastkin)

"You were attacked? Did you guys do something wrong? " (Unknown)

“We don't know. When we finished gathering information and left the Adventure Guild and were about to go looking for food, on the way, we were suddenly intercepted by four fully armed men. They pointed at us with their swords. We asked for an explanation, but somehow that four crazy men didn't care or didn't want to listen or were really deaf and they just attacked us. " (Princess)

"Oh, yeah? Let me guess? Is it because you guys are walking in the alley? " (Unknown)

"No! We did not walk in the alley! We walked in the middle of the town streets. In the middle of town street!! Isn't that crazy?” (Female Knight)

"Huh?"

"Yes, right? It's strange, right? This town is strange! ”(Female Knight)

"Okay, okay … It was getting dark. Did you find a suitable inn, Unknown? ” (Princess)

"Yeah. There are inns that match our budget. Come with us. " (Unknown)

"Is that Ami the Half-Elf?" (Princess)

I nodding. "Yeah. People in this town said that the inn was the best with people with a limited budget. So, yes automatically that inn is chosen. Indeed, there are still many inns out there that provide accommodation at lower prices, but there are many minuses. There are inns that do not provide food, some provide food but there are no bathrooms, some are there no food and no bathroom at all, and so on and so forth. Do you want that one?" (Unknown)

"Oh ..." (Princess)

"The important thing is we will directly meet Elf quickly. C'mon ”(Female Knight)

***

At Ami the Half Elf's inn, in a room…

"You were attacked?" (Elf)

“Just me and Female Knight. We were suddenly attacked by a group of mysterious men who did not identify themselves and they attacked us in the middle of the street. " (Princess)

“…” Elf seemed to be thinking about something. He supported his chin with his hands.

"Oh, yeah. Where's Casey and his party, Elf? ” (Female Knight)

"They go to the tavern." (Elf)

“Why aren't they drinking on the 1st floor? Does Ami the Half-Elf not provide booze?” (Unknown)

“They provide ale, but that's it. There is no other type of alcohol than that. The Innkeepers didn't want their guests to get too drunk and make a fuss and then destroy their property.” (Elf)

“Oh." (Unknown)

“The curfew bell will ring in a few hours. Are they partying?” (Princess)

“Let's go over there. I want to loosen a bit. The attack that evening it’s really pissed me off! C-mon!” (Female Knight)

"Wait." Cut Princess. “First of all I want to know how strict the curfew regulations in this town are? I don't want to get punished just for walking outside at night. That's ludicrous." (Princess)

"I heard that people who violate the curfew will be depending on the situation when the guards caught you breaking the curfew. For example, if you only walk outside during curfew, at best you will only be fined, but our Kingdom is not in a state of war, so the rules are quite lax." (Elf)

"Can you tell us that a little? About this curfew?" (Unknown)

“I will make this quick. The Curfew is… ”(Elf)

Facts About Curfew:

a. A curfew was imposed on almost every town, especially those close to the battlefield or on the border, the curfew regulations will even more tighter.

b. To prevent fires. (No electricity for illumination? The fire must be lit, right? But in the town, houses are mostly wooden houses, and wooden houses are flammable) the fire that are lit without supervision often creates fire incidents because most of the people fell asleep without putting out the fire first.

c. To reduce crimes such as kidnapping that usually target children, adolescents, and etc.

"..."

If you are curious or confused about how the people here can tell the time, it’s simple. People used a combination of water clocks, sundial, and candle clocks to tell time, although none of those clocks could tell time to the minute.

But yeah, it's still useful for people, especially when they were used in monasteries to keep the regulated schedule of prayers.

“… In addition to enforcing public order, on the political side, curfews are also useful for preventing treasonable/rebellious meetings that discuss treachery plans against people who are in power.” (Elf)

"Okay. Just forget about that. This is our party's business. Don't bring in outsiders just yet. " (Unknown)

"... Alright" (Female Knight)

"..."

 "It doesn't matter if the attack on Princess was intentional or unintentional-" (Unknown)

“Hey, how can you say it was an accident? They shot arrows and swords at us! ” Cut Female Knight.

"Sorry, I used the wrong vocabulary. Regardless, it doesn't matter what their motive is. We realize that we underestimate this town. We have to know who is in charge here. Whether it's on the surface or underground. This may sound troublesome, but we can be more aware and able to survive because we know who we are dealing with, and that can prevent us from getting into too much trouble. " (Unknown)

"So what should we do?" (Elf)

"First of all, we have to 'map" this Rijeka Town first." (Unknown)

"…" (Elf)

"Everything in Rijeka Town??" (Female Knight)

"Can you do that?" (Princess)

"It's not impossible." (Unknown)

"Did the Adventure Guild doesn't sell such things?" (Elf)

"… I don't know." (Female Knight)

"Huh? Fem?" Asked Princess, whispering to Female Knight with a puzzled expression.

“Shhh…. Shut up. I want all the five of us to do this.” Reply Female Knigth to him, also still whispering.

"But-" (Princess)

"Shhh ..." (Female Knight)

I heard you, you two.

There something's not right.

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

 

9