Chapter 27. The Staler The Better
189 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now I have my own Patreon! Wuhuuu!

If you are interested, you can visit here. But there is only one tier available. I'm still confused about using this so you can access advanced chapters, bonus chapters, and so on like other authors have done.

Anyway, happy reading.

I don't know what our fate will be in the future.

We want to create an adventure party to earn money to meet daily needs and save for future needs.

But I heard from Female Knight, the parchment requests in the Adventure Guild in Rijeka are only limited to looking for herbs, hunting and killing goblins or wolves, also scouting missions whose rewards only range from 3 Copper Coins to 7 Silver Coins.

How long do we save for getting married if we only rely on the rewards of these missions, let alone the standards of the girl the four of them are looking for, everything is high class and one of them is a very rare class like gacha things!

Well, there is a scenario if we ... suppose that we continue to carry out the mission very well, people will come to us and give missions with greater rewards because of the reputation we have. Our relationships will grow a lot and so on. Such probabilities do exist.

But want to wait until when?

Hmm ... maybe the rewards in other towns might be bigger and the missions more varied. But I'm sure there, the competition is very fierce.

And my party ...

Ugh, why am I being pessimistic about my own comrades? Is it because of Female Knight's behavior recently?

I hope that what Female Knight is doing doesn't really catch their eye.

Criminal group I mean ...

Apart from the nobles, in Rijeka, there must be potential for an underground society or criminal organizations like the Triads or the powerful Mafia, right? Every small town, let alone large, always has criminal gangs like that.

The attacks that Female Knight and Princess experienced also reminded me of their potential existence.

Well, I can't be sure that those who attacked Female Knights and Princess were members of such criminal organizations. I assumed that what was attacking the two of them were a bunch of misunderstood Adventures or something.

But still ...

We must always take steps to be careful so that problems like this do not happen again.

We're only five here.

Our family is far away.

We can't always throw them in when we get into trouble because we're not kids anymore.

But we need someone else backing.

To put it simply, we just need to find an equal opponent.

Suppose we have a problem with members of a criminal organization, the opponents are nobles.

If we have trouble with nobles, the opponents are criminal organizations.

Nobles ...

If ordered from below, the Nobility Rank in this kingdom is like this:

Knight> Lords> Baron> Viscount> Count> Marquess> Duke> Prince> King

For a criminal organization ... Maybe we should just use Adventure Rank it seems.

F-Rank> E-Rank> D-Rank> C-Rank> B-Rank> A-Rank> S-Rank

Well, this comparison doesn't match up at all.

One is a rank to measure the strength of a person's authority, while the other is a rank to measure the strength of an individual.

Damn it! I have no idea.

I was just wondering if there is the quickest route to achieve what I want since I reincarnated in this world.

I need to find loyal people.

Looks like I can't be with them forever (Female Knight, Princess, Elf, and Beastkin) and they themselves too.

I don't know when this lasts.

But that doesn't mean I want to cut ties with them. I mean that we have to be independent, but we must always maintain a friendly relationship between us.

"..."

Not long after, my order arrived.

A bowl of pottage and hot milk.

Ah, thank goodness, they were served using wooden bowls.

I thought they were going to use that just like what happened in the Inn in our territory we came from.

In this world, plates are a luxury item, only the nobles, wealthy merchants and royalty can enjoy food using tableware made of ceramic, silver, and anything that makes them look wow and look like they have a high social status.

For people other than them, the most luxurious they use is the tableware made of wood.

Meanwhile, commoners only use the tableware with stale bread, yeah stale bread.

The staler the better.

It's called a trencher.

A trencher is a type of tableware, commonly used by commoners in this world. A trencher was originally a flat round of bread used as a plate, upon which the food could be placed to eat.

The bread was sliced ​​horizontally for this purpose. They were most useful for things like meat, which did not need to be eaten from a bowl.

At the end of the meal, the trencher could be eaten with sauce but was more frequently given as alms to the poor.

Sure, some royalty enjoyed this "trencher" thing too in their feast, with heavily meat-based with over-the-top themes or off-the-wall twists in preparation.

My father in this world said when he was invited to the palace to be given the title and land. There are similar foods and use a trencher. But the bread was not served with the poor quality that commoners often used and nor was it always served with bread.

For example, there is a turkey dish that is served with the contents of the stomach and the bones have been removed and then filled with various kinds of other poultry such as duck or chicken.

It looks a lot like the Turducken dish.

But this lowly bread made into tableware called trencher is also very valuable to the poor, and they, if they had grain, they would not use it to make bread for their daily needs, and they prefer to use the grain they have to make pottage.

Pottage was much cheaper to make and used less grain.

But why are there still people selling a lot of bread, you say? As this inn did? And look, on their menu, bread is cheaper than the pottage you eat!

That's because the pottage I eat is not an ordinary pottage. The soup is thick and made by boiling various vegetables, and meat.

While the bread they sell is ordinary rye bread.

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

 

8