Chapter 33. Money
142 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Maybe I'll make a poll in the next update to get some feedback. I hope you can make time for that.

Female Knight's POV

Female Knight and Elf, who had just returned to the road which leads to their inn after getting lost in town, their steps stopped again after finding a lot of town guards gathered in front of Ami The Half-Elf.

They are very suspicious of the sight.

"Why are there so many guards standing in front of the inn?" (Female Knight)

There were tons of town guards gathered in front of Ami The Half-Elf's inn.

They stood in every corner of the inn with their watchful eyes and their formation seemed to prevent someone inside the inn from escaping.

Basically, they are everywhere.

"..." (Elf)

“…” (Female Knight)

Ah, I just remembered it's already curfew, right? The curfew bell has been rung for a long time.

Oh, sh*t! If we stay here that town guards will see us and chase after us. We could be punished if we got caught.

I turned my gaze towards the pleb.

"S-sir?" (Pleb)

"Let's go to your house." (Female Knight)

"Eh!? B-but, sir. Ummm ... " (Pleb)

His face turned pale. It was paler than the first time I saw his face pale.

Why? Is there something in the place where he lives?

"No 'Ummm', ‘Umm", and no ‘But’, ‘But’ ... Quick! Lead the way." (Female Knight)

“A-alright. T-this way. "

"..." I then followed him.

After the pleb and I walked a few steps, I realized Elf wasn't following us.

I then turned my body back.

"Elf?" (Female Knight)

“Just go without me. I'm going to the inn. " (Elf)

"Eh? Aren't you afraid of being caught by them?" (Female Knight)

"The one who made the problem was you, not me." (Elf)

"Me?" (Female Knight)

“Yeah, you made a scene on the first floor did you forget that? Maybe someone called the guards and looked for you.” (Elf)

Oh, f*ck. Elf's words made sense too.

But how could Elf have the heart to be like this and let me with this pleb and this fainted, and battered guy, alone?

And I can't force Elf to keep stay with me, surely there will be an argument later if I force it, and if this pleb sees me and Elf arguing, his willingness to obey my orders based on fear of me, will have an effect.

Why do I know about this knowledge?

Because Unknown once said something when teaching us about social engineering or whatever it is. This pleb, he surely would rebel at me because of that dispute.

But ...

"But how could you leave me here alone. What if you just walk into the inn and go to sleep right away?” (Female Knight)

"Relax, okay? I just went there for a moment, checking the situation." (Elf)

"But can't you just stay here? You have to stay here. Otherwise I will- " (Female Knight)

"If not, what do you want? I'll shout something and those town guards will quickly look over here and catch us right away. How about that? My fault is probably just breaking the curfew and I was only being reprimanded because I was new here, while you, you were already breaking the curfew, you also made a mess at the inn." (Elf)

Argghh, dammit!

"Take it easy. Just wait here and trust me. I will do something.” (Elf)

Elf then turned his gaze towards the pleb.

“And you. Here. Take this." (Elf)

Elf suddenly threw a small pouch at pleb. A jingling sound was heard when this pleb caught it.

“What's this, sir?” Pleb tilted his head. Confused.

“Money.” (Elf)

“Money? … Eh, Money!?” (Pleb)

He then hurriedly checked the contents in that small pouch. “ … And this much!” (Pleb)

He then looked at Elf with sparkling eyes.

“Yeah. And I hope you understand why I gave this to you.” (Elf)

That pleb then turned his gaze to me and then to Elf. He seemed doubtful about this, he then looked at the money in that small pouch again.

And not long after, he nodded his head. He nodded in agreement.

“Good. Okay, I will go then.” (Elf)

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

3