Chapter 32. While The Prostitutes Around Them, Giggled.
207 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello. It's Wildan here. I'm sorry for the delay. Previously I planned to publish Chapter 32 the day after Chapter 31 was released, but I couldn't remember it because I was too absorbed in reading one of my favorite light novels (Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill), which has already released its newest volume a while ago, and I also have work besides writing (and chapter 32 has not been translated into English either), so I can only publish this chapter today (March 11, 2021)

So, once again I apologize and thank you for your understanding.

If you are interested with that light novel, you can buy it here.

Thank you and Happy Reading.

Town Guard’s POV

The curfew bell had long been rung. Many of Rijeka Town's town guards still patrol the town, reprimanding and taking firm action against those who violate curfew.

The guards who broke up Ega's fight with Female Knight and Princess were one of them.

And they are currently reprimanding one of the brothels in the town which was still open even though it was already curfew.

“Alright, naked guys. Pack your belongings. Don't you know it's already curfew? Go back to your houses!”

"Y-yes, sir!" The men’s replied while quickly putting on their clothes and raising their pants.

"Hurry up! Hurry up! Why it so slow? Why you guys can do it so fast just when it's your turn to take your clothes off?"

"..." They can't retort it, while the prostitutes around them, giggled.

"Hey, you. That. Quickly put out the flames if you still don't want this place to catch fire." I told the prostitutes.

"Y-yes, sir … Pfft …" They answered, still smiling because of the laughter earlier.

They quickly put out the flames in the torches and in that cheap, smelly tallow candles hanging on the ceiling and on the walls, with the clothes on their bodies still not properly worn and part of their bodies still visible.

"... Sigh."

"..."

"Where else are we going on patrols?"

"Yessir, to Ami The Half-Elf, sir!"

Ega's inn, huh ...

We can't fully patrol every nook & cranny in this big town, so we just walk along and patrol to just important or famous places such as inns, taverns, brothels, etc which is frequently visited by many people.

And Ami the Half-Elf was the last place our team checked out.

At the beginning of the curfew came into effect, we, the town guards, were assigned to patrol and go one by one to the buildings and houses of townfolks in this town.

However, due to the large number of family heads in this town, our patrol duties took a long time to complete.

Especially when the slum area is included in the curfew patrol coverage area.

It is difficult to rebuke those lowly, dirty, and uneducated people. Moreover, some of my companions who have been there on duty, are always beaten up by the thugs there when he and his team returning to the guard post.

Knowing that his subordinates have experienced such acts of violence. The town guard chief couldn't stand still anymore and immediately sent dozens of fully armed town guards there, and that son of a b*tch was successfully exterminated, but after a month or two, that bastard and parasites grew back again.

Our companions who have beaten again while on duty there is proof of that.

Then Our Lord got fed up with this when our chief asked again for funds to carry out another operation to deal with that scum. However, this time Our Lord feels did not seem enthusiastic about taking the path of violence which left us, his subordinates, confused, even though it was an option done by most people everywhere.

Although there are other solutions, we can't think of a way out other than that.

We are worried, Our Lord chose to turn a blind eye to solve this problem.

And the next day Our Lord no longer asked the town guards to take firm action against them or even to patrol the slum area.

At first, we were confused and worried, however, one of our clever companions assumed based on the words of the guards guarding Our Lord's mansion who said that one of Our Lord's subordinates had suggested something to him to overcome those crook living in the slum so that they were uprooted down to the roots.

Our Lord who did not seem eager to take firm action against them and doesn't care anymore about them (slum peoples, thugs, and all other beings that made a nest there), who still violate the curfew and risk of catching fire because of rushlights or torches keep burning in their house at that hour, apparently just pretending to do that.

And Our Lord is waiting for something else to happen.

The places to collect rainwater in several corners of the town near the slum area are the evidence.

He will let the slum area burn by itself and then use that water so that the fire does not spread to other areas, except the slum area.

It sounded a roundabout way and I didn't know how long it would work, however, it was the schemes of highly educated people, so we didn't have to think hard about it and just carry out the commands properly when that happens later.

"You took Ega there this evening, right? How is he? "

"Yessir, we have brought him. H-however ... His mood is still bad ..."

Ugh ... that kid ...

“Oh yeah, I just remembered. Then what about that two people? Is there any report?”

“No, sir.”

"Alright. Let's hurry over there so we can sleep quickly. "

"Yessir!"

Upon arrival.

"Ohh, why does that inn look still bright inside?"

"Very suspicious …"

"You. Go over there and find out what's happening. "

"Yessir!"

“…” That guy went there quietly and stealthily and start listened after he arrived near the closed wooden window, which was in front of the inn.

We were nervously waiting for him.

I don't know if I can be grateful because the moonlight tonight is quite dim. Enough to keep him hidden for that.

Soon he was back here again.

"How is it?"

“Report, sir. They seem like they are discussing something, sir!"

"About what?"

"Secret things and secret places!"

"What secret?"

"I don't know sir. They are making a lot of noise. I can't hear it clearly. And I'm afraid I'll be caught by them if I keep on staying there.”

"Perhaps ..."

""Treason act!!"", "Sex party!"

"..." Me and two of my subordinates both looked at my other subordinate who I just ordered to go to that inn recently.

Looks like he still h*rny when we raiding that brothel earlier.

And the Innkeeper of Ami the Half-Elf will not allow that indecent thing to happen on the first floor of her inn.

"Our Lord is going to have a banquet soon, this must be something related." I tried to draw conclusions.

"So they wanna screw up at the party?"

"Most likely."

"This cannot be tolerated. Let's get them! Your order, sir! "

"Sir!"

They seemed eager to raid the inn, but I quickly warned them.

"We can't do that."

"What? Why not, sir? We must enforce the laws given by Our Lord. If we don't do it, that means we just disobey the King's orders!

"Yeah!"

This stupid meathead, they just haven't realized it yet. Indeed it is. But we must prioritize the safety of our lives too.

“Don't you think about our situation first? We're just four of us and there must be a lot of them inside. Do you want to be battered like what Ega went through? There were only two opponents at that time. Do you want to be like him?"

"No sir."

"So we have to call for backup first, and the two of us ..." Then I approached The Sex Party Guy "... will be on standby, waiting here while watching over the inn. You two hurry up and get for help!”

"Yessir!"

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

5