Chapter 43. Drool …
117 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Alright. I keep my promise! Just let me know if there's something weird in this chapter, okay? I'll fix it soon.

Inn Girl’s POV

Meanwhile at the same time, in a different place ...

“Uncle Kennard. Kitchen ingredients as usual. " (Tilney)

“Oh, Tilney! Hey, looks like your inn has been very successful. Just yesterday, didn't you bought kitchen ingredients at my shop? " (Uncle Kennard)

“Hehe, yeah. Last night the inn was like having a party. Many guests order food and drinks, and we have to replenish our stock again." (Tilney)

"Oh, that’s great then. Hey, lots of people at the market are talking that your inn last night was visited by lots of town guards. Is that what really happened?" (Uncle Kennard)

"Y-yeah. More or less so. " (Tilney)

“Humph! Alright if you don't want to share inside information with me, I'll find the info myself! Here. All of them were 22 copper. "

The shopkeeper then gave Tilney the spices and seasonings she needed.

Tilney received the goods and when she wants to give the money to him, she remembers something …

“Thanks, Uncle! Huh? Uncle, usually every time I buy, it costs 30 copper isn't it? Is the price currently drop at this time?” (Tilney)

"Price drop, your head." (Uncle Kennard)

“Oh! Is it because I am a pious child so I was given a price cut? Thank you, Uncle Kennard!" (Tilney)

“That's not it either. I'll give you that price because some other spices, especially Pepper, Thyme, and Parsley, my shop is out of stock. The other shops also experienced the same thing." (Uncle Kennard)

Tilney immediately changed her cute expression to a dubious one.

“Don’t give me that look.” (Uncle Kennard)

"Are you serious, Uncle?” (Tilney)

“Yeah. Just check the store next door if you don't believe me.” (Uncle Kennard)

“Really? Why? Pepper and the other spices are the main spices, right? How can we make broth later for the guests at the inn?“ (Tilney)

"That's not my problem." (Uncle Kennard)

“Why did it run out? Who would dare to use up these spices?" Asked Tilney, pouting.

"Banquet party. Lord Rijeka." Said Uncle Kennard, flatly.

Tilney then remembered Lord Rijeka's upcoming party.

“…” (Tilney)

“…” (Uncle Kennard)

…. How can they deplete a town’s stock of spices?

Scary!

The banquet party was scary!

How much money did Lord Rijeka spend on the party?

Are 100 copper coins enough?

Or 100 silver?

O-or 100 gold?

Arghhh! In my entire life, I've never even held silver coins! Moreover, gold!

Guests on night shifts paid most often in iron coins. Only once or twice a week have I served paid guests using copper.

Maybe the other workers who work day shifts often get paid in silver coins or g-gold coins!

"Hehe. Alright, uncle. Thanks." (Tilney)

"Yeah, come back again." (Uncle Kennard)

Tilney then goes to another shop to find the spices.

She still didn't believe what Uncle Kennard said just now.

She was in the market restocking kitchen ingredients that had run out due to the rush hour last night along with her co-workers who work the night shift as kitchen staff.

Due to Tilney's small body, she gets the task of buying only light things like buying some of these spices and some other kitchen ingredients such as onions, etc. while her other co-workers are in charge of buying vegetables, eggs, meat, ale, milk, and other heavy stuff.

If she asked what she likes when working at an inn, she will say immediately that she is happy when the inn’s worker like her, is assigned to restock these kitchen ingredients, aka when she gets a job to shop at the market.

She can go to the market and bring a lot of money (even though it is actually other people's money) and buy a lot of things in the market.

Although the stuff she bought didn't really change and always the same. She still felt happy.

By doing this work she can also get benefits such as being able to know the changes in the price of goods sold in the market, and she can tell her family so that her family can get the best offer and can save money on shopping for daily necessities.

She also has another benefit such as when she gets envious looks from other buyers in the market because she buys a lot of things.

It feels really good!

She feels like a rich noble daughter!

Muhahahaha!

”…”

Today Tilney feels the market was more bustling than usual, just like last night at the inn.

Last night was really crazy. She went back and forth, clear dirty dishes, clean tables, delivering food and drink.

The point is, she and her co-workers going all-out last night and they used up all the kitchen ingredients for that night.

They couldn't even serve the guests food for their breakfast the next day if not Miss Rumi, the innkeeper, did not send kitchen ingredients, which was actually for consumption in her own home, to the inn's kitchen.

Usually, they say, the inn can only earn 18-30 copper coins for a full day operation, but last night, Ami's Inn was able to get over 150 copper coins in just one night!

Tilney doesn't really know who triggered it, but she firmly believes that has something to do with that adventure named Casey and that man who lied to her that he couldn't read it!

Humph! It turns out he can read! He could even write very neatly!

I'm tricked!

I feel like I've been fooled.

Ah, I get embarrassed every time I remember that.

She immediately blushed when she remembered what had happened to her with that man, especially when she offered to help read the menu.

Ah, that guy!

Well, he didn't say anything that he couldn't read to me last night, and it was my own fault because I thought he couldn't read.

But at least he should have told me he could read!

He's not a gentleman!

Humph!

I'm very annoyed with him.

Is it because he has that appearance that he has the right to tease me?

Humph!

How dare he!

But he was so personable and very handsome too!

And my co-worker who delivered food orders for his friends to the 2nd floor also said that they were all quite good-looking, quite brawny, and sinewy.

His body must be like that too, right. Brawny and sinewy.

Drool ...

Huh? Why can your co-workers describe their bodies in such detail? Do your co-workers' eyes have the ability to see through?

No! It’s because when my co-worker brought food to their room, she happened to find them to be changing clothes!

So lucky!

Right?

Am I just pretending to go into his room? For example, reminding him that … the lunch is ready~ or dinner is ready~ ... like that so I can experience that kind of lucky incident like my co-workers get?

(ノ≧∀≦)ノ Kyaa!

Uh ... but Ami doesn't provide that kind of service. The guests can just go straight down to the first floor to eat.

What should I do then?

...

... No, no, no.

What wrong with you, Tilney?

Remember. Mother said that many dashing men are cunning!

Yeah, that's right!

What if you was pulled by him to the bed! 

...

......

........

(º ﹃ º )

*slurp

I have to be careful not to fall into his or his friend’s trap!

(  ̄^ ̄) Humph!!

"..."

Huh?

Tilney suddenly finds a girl in front of another spice shop she wants to visit.

Wow, that girl is so beautiful.

Her clothes are also very nice.

Her hair is very straight and shiny.

Aww, and her skin is pure white too!

She must be a noblewoman.

O-or noble girl? Because she seems like she's still the same age as me.

Her family must be very wealthy!

I'm jealous!

But why is she here? In the market?

Would she buy spices too?

Huh? What did the noblewoman ask the shopkeeper with that parchment?

Curious. Tilney then tried to see the contents of the parchment that the noblewoman was showing to the shopkeeper.

Then Tilney noticed what was in the parchment.

"Ah, it's same!"

She spontaneously shouted because she accidentally found the symbol that was in the noblewoman parchment was the same as the symbol in the parchment that the man showed her last night.

And Tilney's scream just now immediately caught the attention of the whole market, including that noblewoman.

She looked at Tilney and immediately walked over to her.

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

4