Chapter 66. Who Dares To Attack This Town!?”
103 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Oh God. I'm very sorry for this two-week delay. Thank you for your understanding and have been very patiently waiting for this chapter to come out.

 

Unknown's POV

“Hei, Stop! What the hell are you doin?! Keep that dirty ax out of her young miss's neck!!”

“You do that first!”

One of the two guards who had been fighting Elf, shouted at me. His other comrades who were still dealing with Elf as well as the other noble girl guards who were also still fighting with the thugs, and the thugs themselves, glanced all at us because of the high pitch of his voice earlier.

Seeing that my situation with their master wasn't that great, they got angry. They howl angrily at me the same way the guard of that noble girl doing earlier. They asked me to release the noble girl as soon as possible and as cliché as always, they also gave me threats if I didn't obey their orders.

However, because there were more thugs in this room, the voices of the noble girl's bodyguards were barely audible.

"Just kill her, boy!"

“Yeah!!”

Realizing an interesting situation was going on. These thugs instead cheered us on. Asking us to get our hands dirty by taking this noble girl’s life.

I then gave these thugs some rude gesture to them.

"What!"

And while these thugs were provoked, there’s someone who took advantage of the state of confusion of the noble girl’s bodyguard to slip off.

"Huh? HEY!"

“Oi, what the f*ck! Why you let him go!??”

“…Damn it!”

Elf ran behind me. One of the noble girl's guards swore at his partner for letting Elf go and regrouped with me.

But after they thought about it again, many were confused as to why Elf suddenly hid behind me.

And when these people came towards us to attack the two of us.

WOOSH!

WOOSHH!!

Elf suddenly shot them with pebbles in the head and in the groin with his slingshot.

“Whaa!”

“Sh*t!”

“Ack!”

“Uak!”

“Ughhhh!”

“Aargh!!”

They frantically tried their best to avoid that small stones.

Not long after, our fight continues.

***

CLANK!

CLANK!!

Since I was busy holding the noble girl as hostage with my other hand, I couldn't freely wrestle with this many people, so Elf running beside me was a divine decision.

He also prefers to do more range combat, and besides shooting these people with his slingshot, he also throws at these people with his throwing knife or whatever throwable object is in this room at them rather than dealing them with melee combat.

WOOSH!

WOOSHH!

PANG!

Damn it.

I don't know how the two of us will end this situation.

Previously I thought they would stop swinging their swords because I took their superior as hostage but I didn't factor these goons into my calculations, so here's what's happening now.

WOOSH

PANG!

WOOSHH

PANG!

BRAKKK!

Suddenly we heard someone suddenly slammed the restaurant door.

"WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU DOING HERE IN MY TOWN!!!”

“"HUH?"”

Our fierce battle that I didn't think would end even if the Demon Lord intervened to pacify us, stopped as soon as we heard some random man's curse.

We turned our eyes in the direction the voice came from.

There was a man dressed as a town guard standing at the entrance, behind him were dozens of other town guards standing outside the restaurant, including a woman who greeted us when we first entered the restaurant.

She was trying to get in here, struggled to get past the town guards who were standing in her way, and as soon as she got inside her diner and saw what was inside, she fell backward, unconscious.

“The town is under attack right now and you guys are just playing around here?!”

“W-what!!?”

“Who dares to attack this town!? Some fools from the Mortuum Kingdom!!?”

The whole room was very clamorous.

I found the situation outside was the same as well.

Because not long after, the other town guards came to this diner.

The main room and the front yard of the restaurant, which had been full already, were getting more and more crowded with their presence.

Later on, I found the presence of Beastkin here, who previously he went to bait some people to follow him, has returned.

I asked him directly about the veracity of the information whether it was true that the town was under attack, and Beastkin nodded.

“What a fool! Let's hurry to the defensive wall!! Don't you understand the town is under attack mean???”

“Who the hell are you to just order us around?? We are not your private soldiers!!!”

“F*ck that! Help us if you still want this town to be your f*ckin d*mn nest!”

"Even if that's true, why aren't the town bells ringing?"

"Yeah! We heard nothing but the sound from panic people out there!"

... The thugs then looked at each other. They just realized something.

"What a stup*d sh*t. Your empty head just noticed?"

"Why isn't that stupid bell clanking!"

"Who cares! Don't just stand there, hurry up and help us!"

While they are busy arguing, I released the noble girl from my snare. This is the right time to end this problem with her.

The noble girl, after I released her, she walked away from me, but she looked confused because I let it go of my own accord.

She looked at me very perplexed.

Meanwhile, her bodyguards who found their master had escaped from me, immediately went to her and secured the noble girl, taking her away from me.

"We'll continue after this is over! Don't try to run away, you bastard! Bear in mind, we are still holding your friend as hostage. Take that into account!!” Warned one of her bodyguards, eyeing me with his angry look, reminding us that Fem will be in danger if we both run away from this matter.

His colleagues also followed his behavior by giving the same gaze which we found very comical.

Luckily we were still able to contain our emotions from laughing at them.

Elf and I could only surge our shoulders in response to their threat.

Beastkin?

“…” (Beastkin)

He even does not give a damn about them.

They then went with that noble girl somewhere while still looking at us with demonic stare, meanwhile, the noble girl averted her eyes from me. She didn't look at me anymore.

At the same time, the town guards ordered us to help them secure the town.

We went to follow them to the town wall in question.

We have thoughts of running away in this panic.

Just look at the bodyguards who brought the noble girl somewhere earlier. Elf said they used it to escape responsibility under the pretext of their master's safety.

But we need to see how bad the situation outside the walls was first.

***

We exited the restaurant and rushed to the town's fortification.

Rijeka Town, which has a population of thousands of people with hundreds of visitors, panicked after hearing that there were enemies outside the town wall.

What attack caused the whole town like this as if the pedestrian riot cheat code had just been activated in the GTA game?

When we arrived at the defensive wall, the gate on the town wall we saw was tightly closed with a wooden block the size of an adult's body.

The adventurers and the town guards ran to the access stairs on the town wall to go up the wall and see the situation outside.

Me, Elf, and Beastkin also followed them.

When we got up there, we couldn't see the situation down there because there were so many people standing up here. We then tried to find an empty place to be able to see the situation down there.

As we searched the vacant lot, many people were standing making a fuss. We couldn't wait to find out what was really going on down there.

… And shortly after, we still couldn't find any empty spot around here.

But we did manage to find a bit of a gap from the people standing crammed up here to look at the situation below.

And oh my god …

Wolf.

Lots of wolves down there.

They are not as many as ants but there are hundreds of them.

And the wolf reportedly circled all corners of the town walls.

Many of the townspeople who were watching over here, voiced their concerns.

“W-what's with these wolves? Why are they besieging the town?”

"How do I know, I heard that all corners of the town have been surrounded by these wolves."

"Oh no."

"I am a merchant. I have a delivery to the town in the east this week."

"Me too!"

“Are they monsters or just ordinary wild animals?”

“Hey, do something!”

"Do what!?"

"What is the difference? Even if all the town guards and adventurers combined and attacked them, they would definitely lose too, there are too many of them.”

"Someone has to lure them out, right?"

"Right."

“But who can do that? What humans run faster than wolves in this town, we don't have high-rank adventurers with that kind of ability."

"We'll be fucked up!"

WOSHH!!

WOOSHH!

Suddenly something flew over their heads then it hit some wolves down there.

We quickly looked for where that damn flying object came from.

And after we found it, we found that thing flying again over our heads.

WOOSHH!

BOOM!

What's that called again …?

Catapults?

"Oh yeah! We have that”

“Oh, dammit, I just remembered that too.”

“Kill them, boy!”

“I thought you hated the town guards. They beat you the other day, right.”

“Oh, that's right!” The man then returned his gaze to the catapult operator. “Hey, dog, cmon! Put more effort! ATTACK!!”

Then we heard from a distance one of the men operating the catapult cursing that man in the midst of the commotion going on right now.

“SHUT UP F*CK UP!”

“You heard that?”

"Yeah!"

""Gahahahaha!""

The two men then laughed.

I don't know how these town guards prepare the catapults.

The catapults could be counted on one hand, but still, the time span of their preparation for setting up such a large weapon was quite astonishing.

WOOSH, WOOSH WOOOSH.

BOOM!

And the catapult's fire rate was unbelievable fast enough.

The boulders ready to flew in a mere ten to fifteen seconds.

Not to forget, the other town guards shot the wolves with arrows and others also threw stones at them on the town wall up here.

Many residents of the town also carried stones from below and carried them up as their ammo.

We helped them throw it too.

“Breck!”

“Brek!!”

“Kuagh!”

Some wolves who got stoned. They were bleeding all over their bodies and writhing in pain.

But they didn't care. They still threw stones at the wolves.

I hope there are no PETA members who reincarnated here like me.

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It.

2