Chapter 67. Perfunctory Fighting Techniques
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Thousands of apologies for the delay I made. Here is some clarification from me.

 

3rd's POV

It was very noisy up here, but not long after, we suddenly heard a louder noise near where we were standing.

We just got word that there's a gate to the east or something has been breached and that damnable wolves are now running into the town furiously.

The gate could be penetrated by the wolves because the gatekeeper was forced to open the gate to save the unfortunate banquet guests who came when the wolves attacked the town.

Now the townspeople and the adventures are trying to help the desperate gatekeepers to stop more wolves from entering the town with the limited number of people and equipment.

Knowing that information. Unknown, Elf and Beastkin quickly descended from the wall and ran towards the gate that the wild animals had entered.

On their way there. They found the situation already very dire down here.

They found quite a number of wolves roaming the town maniacally. That means that the defenses of the gatekeepers, the adventures, and the townspeople are already holed up.

Looking from a distance, they could see many adults running after the wolves that could escape their defenses. Many of them were unable to keep up with the wolves' speed, plus the wolves run in various directions.

This made it more difficult for the adventures and the townspeople to stop them.

Even if they did, no one dared to confront them alone.

Unknown, Beastkin and Elf then quickly scattered throughout the town to chase the wolves to give them a hand.

Elf, while shooting the wolves with his slingshot. He tried to stay where he was and didn't want to go far from the breached gate, following some adventurers who happened to be doing the same.

Beastkin ran northward while pelting the wolves with his throwing knife. No one knows why Beastkin chose to go there, Unknown and Elf no longer had time to communicate with him and they trusted Beastkin's own decision.

While the two of them were doing that, Unknown was going to the center of the town, to the market.

He had seen eight wolves or so who were going that way and there are only a few of the ordinary people were chasing them.

Unknown ran after them as fast as he could, and when he was in the middle of the town, in one part of the market that mostly sells fresh meat, he found the noble girl and her guards busy fighting the wolves who were trying to attack the people who are still in this area.

These people seem to be mostly sellers and shop owners. They didn't have time to save their lives because they were trying to save their wares and the wolves probably went there because they smelled the fresh meat sold by sellers in this place.

The nobles saving ordinary citizens was quite a rare occurrence, and the sellers and shop owners who were previously frightened because they were about to lose their lives, were quite confused that there were people whose status was above them, risking their lives to save them.

They then arm themselves with stuff around them such as butcher knives and other sharp objects. They tried to help the noble girl and the noble girl's bodyguards with their terrible and perfunctory fighting techniques.

Some of them even threw their wares that they had previously wanted to save, which was nothing but fresh meat earlier, at the wolves as bait to distract the wolves so that the noble girl and the noble girl's bodyguards could attack these stupidly fast-moving wild animals.

Unknown found the noble girl's rapier sword working beyond her capabilities, he then went to approach the noble girl before it was too late.

In the process Unknown is running towards the noble girl, at the same time, there is a wolf who had no one to pay attention to him, suddenly came in and very quickly ran towards the noble girl from the side then jumped up and opened his mouth which was filled with very sharp teeth at her arm.

“WORGGAGRGAGH!”

The noble girl noticed that there was another wolf was approaching her very fast, and wanted to attack her from the side.

She then quickly turned around while trying to engage that wolf with her rapier and made a stabbing motion, but the noble girl did not think that the wolf was already so close to her.

Having no other option, she reflexively did a defensive posture with her rapier, and Unknown's worries finally happened.

CLANK!

PENG!!!!

And sure enough, the rapier used by that noble girl suddenly bent.

"Huh?!"

That noble girl was surprised to find her weapon suddenly broken and her attention was divided and made that wolf took the opportunity to try to pounce on that noble girl again.

“YOUNG MISS!!” The bodyguards nearby screamed, trying to resuscitate their master to save her, but Unknown's throwing knives were quicker to do so.

PUCK!

That wolf then made a long, high-pitched sound because the Unknown's throwing knife stuck in the area of one of the wolf's upper front legs, the wolf automatically lost its balance and fell, rolling around to the ground.

Seeing that opening, the noble girl quickly went over to the wolf and stabbed her already crooked rapier into the wolf's vital parts.

The wolf wasn't dead yet, but the noble girl didn't stab the wolf again because this wolf would soon meet its end.

Unknown then gave the noble girl a comment.

“The quality of your sword is low.”

“Ughh… it was because of you.”

"“YOUNG MISS!”"

Not long after several noble girl guards approached the noble girl and Unknown, and some of them were surprised to find that they could meet Unknown here again.

They then hurriedly set up a barricade, protecting her master from Unknown.

"You have a spare sword?" The noble girl asked them while showing her crooked rapier.

"Here!"

One of her bodyguards handed her a standard shortsword that was about 40 to 50 cm long to her. The noble girl accepted it and handed her crooked rapier to her bodyguard back.

"Thanks. Stay focused on killing these wolves.” The noble girl ordered while swinging several times the sword she had just received from her bodyguard and then she tried to get out of the human wall made by her guards and went walking towards Unknown.

"Um? Young Miss?" The bodyguards shifted their worried gazes to Unkown then looked back at their master.

The noble girl realized that.

“I have my own considerations. Just do what I just said!”

""YES, YOUNG MISS!""

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It.

1