Chapter 53
402 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sam sent Jane and Ashley into the woods to raise level 20, and ordered the cat to look after them.

Meanwhile, lazy Sam of course stayed behind to look after the mansion.

While Sam was fishing, he suddenly felt how the skill worked, without hesitation he materialized his sword and swung in the right direction.

Sam was hit in the armor, but his opponent was almost cut in half completely.

It turned out that if an assassin of the 1st type simply merged with the environment and gave himself away when moving, then at the 20th level they became almost completely invisible.

Fortunately, this killer decided to bypass the mansion from behind and attacked Sam first. After this incident, Sam ordered to place primitive traps everywhere in the form of threads with bells or something similar, they themselves will come up with.

A month later, Russell reported that the level 20 craftsmen Sam needed had appeared, Sam gave four of the best swords from the general's ring for improvement, as well as those of Jane and Ashley.

Sam had to give all his cores to Russell, it turned out that improving the weapon would cost 2000 cores of the 1st type or 200 of the 2nd, taking into account both the enhancement and fortifying of one weapon.

Jane and Ashley also collected everything they had from everyone in the mansion. In general, Sam decided to forget about fortifying the armor. Sam barely collected enough cores for one ring of 3 cubic meters.

When they got their weapons, they were really surprised. In addition to the fact that now the weapon was practically indestructible, each of the weapons, when enhanced, had different effects.

Jane's katana became the color of blood and could slightly restore health to the user by cutting enemies. Ashley's sword shimmered blue and added a weak freezing effect with additional cold damage.

Sam accordingly got the swords of frost like Ashley, rest was fire and darkness. One of the swords turned out to be special, it was endowed with the power of space.

If the other swords with additional effects became comparable to his spiritual sword in lethality, then this space sword even surpassed him, and outwardly it essentially did not change its appearance.

When Sam returned from Amazon back the other day, he asked Russell to find and reserve a plane for him if the opportunity arose. Russell managed to accomplish that task.

Russell, in fact, fulfilled any requests and orders without asking for anything in return. Sam thought that Russell was probably up to something, but in any case he had nothing to complain about.

Sam promised Russell that when he returned, he would help him solve a couple of problems, if any.

Sam was a little upset that the idle days were over, but on the other hand, he even missed the Amazon a little.

It's time to hit the road again, otherwise sooner or later someone will simply kill him and small advantages will not save him.

After saying goodbye to Ashley, he left.

Sam boarded the private jet Russell had hidden away and hit the road.

Until now, no flying creatures could compare with the speed and altitude of an airplane. So a few hours later, Sam jumped off the plane as before, and the pilot turned back.

After landing, Sam and the cat started their journey again.

Insects are now also evolving, Sam has not yet met insects of at least the 1st type, but they have become much more dangerous.

One day Sam automatically activated the armor and noticed that heaps of ants flew over him, and they were not small, about 5 centimetres and there were a huge number of them.

Sam didn't have any mass destruction capabilities, so he had to flee. Various spiders, butterflies and other insects, at times, delivered quite a few problems.

The cat turned out to be useful in this case, as he could drive them away with his ability, making it easier to avoid them.

At first, Sam thought that there would be many people like him, roaming the Amazon, but after what he saw he doubted.

Not everyone will have the ability to survive in such an environment.

While killing animals, Sam noticed that the progression of the experience gained decreased, if it was enough to kill three creatures of the same level to take the 20th level, then further killing did not give almost half of the experience accumulated by the creature. And with each level, they gave less and less.

However, experience gained very quickly at the beginning of his trip. Over the past months on vacation, a lot of type 2 animals have appeared in the Amazon.

He had no respect for life in any form. Using his new swords, he rushed through the forest and pounced on all mammals. From time to time he asked the cat for help, if, for example, he noticed birds.

It was impossible to determine the level of the enemy while he was still alive. But he just rushed at any living creature that he considered quite remarkable both in terms of size and appearance.

Animals evolved in a variety of ways, some just got bigger, others underwent strange mutations, like extra limbs or even elemental proximity. One way or another, this was due to the instinctive choice of each individual being.

Sam decided to take a break and sat down by a tree. A beautiful bird was perched on a tree trunk nearby. It wasn't too big, maybe two palms in size. Mostly black-white colored, although there was some red.

Most notable of all was this very white color spots. Those seemed alive and lived their life on the body of a bird, but it did not look disgusting, rather, on the contrary, very beautiful, as if the bird possessed a holy aura or something like that. Every time the bird moved or leisurely flew from place to place, this whiteness left a beautiful milky trail in the air.

It already looked more like some kind of bird from the world of fantasy, so he stared at her, because he had never met such beauty before. It would be nice to make such a bird your next companion, it may come in handy.

While he was thinking and looking at the bird, it slowly and gracefully landed on his shoulder. In the next moment, the presentiment of danger howled to the limit. The bird lit up more than before, and its head was generally impossible to see, as if the head had disappeared.

Of course, Sam's dexterity was enough to still see that the bird was simply striking him with its head at an unimaginable speed. The spiritual armor was depleted almost immediately, but he came to his senses in time and attacked this monstrous, ugly creature. That disgusting bird reacted and managed to fly away, and sadly cat was nowhere around, he went on reconnaissance. So Sam had only watch with powerlessness as this woodpecker flew away.

In any case, since then he did not allow anything cute to come near him except his cat.

After only about a month, Sam managed to reach level 25, thanks to the fact that he met animals of the corresponding levels quite regularly.

Sam level 25

Class Immortal

Strength 40 (+1)

Agility 62 (+1)

Stamina 32 (+1)

Toughness 28 (+1)

Spirit 53

Unallocated stat points 0

Abilities - Premonition of Danger, Spiritual Armor.

8