Chapter 65
341 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sam didn't believe that most people could truly sympathize with others.

Just a few people really have enough imagination, and above all desire, to imagine themselves in the place of another person.

It is impossible to try to imagine such a thing in all colors, and it is a useless exercise.

But if people could fully feel the pain they bring to others, the world would be much more peaceful.

But as much as Sam thought about what had happened today, he didn't feel a bit of guilt.

If a person took up arms and entered the battle, then he may well die, this is obvious. Such a simple fact, and yet for some reason people often ignore it. Do they really think about their relatives while dying like a bunch of insects?

Sam could not understand why, at the sight of his power, all these people did not immediately throw down their weapons and kneel, or just ran away.

Well some part of them was actually smart enough to run away. But it seems that most of them were completely brain dead.

Instead of running away, they died one by one, in pitiful attempts to harm him.

He was a little sorry for the girl, but not because he hurt her or anything, but because her relative was an idiot.

He asked one of Russell's fighters to take care of her, he would hire someone from the residents to look after her.

He even gave him type 3 meat and some of the fruits of which he has already gathered a lot after killing so many people.

Having solved this issue, Sam went to rest, he will stay here for a short while until Russell brings new people here.

If the camp in the capital falls, Russell will have somewhere to run away. Plus Russell was going to take over the organization's former network as best he could.

The next day, Sam and the cat sat down by the river and started fishing. The cat run a way a little bit up the river, and then he ran to Sam with a fish in his mouth. Cat was obviously looking down on Sams horrible ability to catch fish.

Sam drove the cat away and told him to go to the forest to have fun. Fishing with a rod was like a meditation for Sam.

He had noticed for a long time that with the growth of his spirit, he could slightly influence his environment.

While the spirit was not enough, Sam could, for example, move his hands above the grass without touching it and it would move slightly.

With the current level of spirit, he could influence the environment more strongly, but still it is rather something like a cool breeze and only very close to himself.

Compared to skills, using your spirit directly is nothing to be worth mentioning.

He, of course, suspected that this spirit must somehow be used correctly, but no matter how hard he tried, nothing came of it.

He did not find any inner worlds, and he could not look into himself.

Either his spirit was still too weak, or he was too dumb to use it properly.

The sword, too, became stronger, Sam did not know at what distance he could now feel other swords, but he suspected that this distance had increased considerably.

A couple of days later, new fighters arrived and Sam was ready to go further on the journey. He decided to try to find users of other swords.

He was assigned two fighters, one of whom was a helicopter pilot, and Sam set off towards Madrid.

They stayed away from settlements, although the birds became stronger and larger, they did not lose their minds, and they are unlikely to attack a huge and noisy helicopter, at least until a whole flock of them gathered.

Well, zombies of course do not care about such restrictions.

Soon, Sam felt the call of the sword, which led him in the direction of Madrid, he flew a little closer after which the pilot found a comfortable enough place to land.

As before, Sam was not going to run to the enemy, if he is in the capital, then there is a possibility that he will be awaited with a whole armed army.

There is even a possibility that they are using something like rockets or some other heavy weapons.

He chose a comfortable spot with good visibility and began to wait patiently.

Three days later, Sam realized that most likely he would not wait for anything, obviously the opponent this time was also not a fool and patiently waited for Sam to come to him himself.

Sam began to wander around in search of animals and people in order not to waste time, he decided to wait a little longer in case the other owner of the sword still loses his patience.

He wandered around and killed everything that caught his eye. He didn't care if he met fighters or civilians. In any case, there was no one to intercede for these people.

Sam hated humanity, and he was not going to stop expressing his feelings towards them.

Even if there would appear some kind of hero to protect those people, Sam believed that he could just run away or kill him if he is weak.

And he was not worried that he will kill wrong person like it happened with Gloria. There was no one around he was worried about anymore like Ashley. Not that he had put a lot of effort into it before though ...

A week later, there still was no traces of another sword wielder. Sam got back into the helicopter and went back to the base. At least he realized that the radius of the sword was likely to be in the region of 500 kilometres.

At the base, he remained only one day, and the next morning decided to go towards Morocco and Algeria.

Even flying close to the coast, his sword could theoretically scan not a small part of Morocco.

Moving further towards Algeria, Sam again felt the call of the sword.

7