Chapter 67
342 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sam grabbed the cat as soon as he started to run away, the fight went pretty quickly and Sam never found an opportunity to use the cat in battle.

Obviously, the enemy has a lot of spirituality, and even if the cat manages to distract him, Sam still won't be able to kill him right away. Sam did not see the point of risking a companion.

Sam ran past hills, rivers and mountains, ignoring everything around him. He regularly bounced off the ground while jumping, applying skill and overcoming obstacles.

It was a little offensive that he had to throw away the sword, but Sam was mentally prepared for this long ago. Although he believed that he was very unlucky to meet such a pale monster.

He no longer knew in which direction the fighters with the helicopter were, but he did not care, the main thing now is to break away as far as possible during the time of the handicap that he has.

In theory, after the pale-faced man receives the sword, Sam will be of no use to him, but Sam still was not going to risk it.

In addition, Sam received quite a few injuries, and a couple of them were quite serious.

During the battle, Sam did not pay much attention to this, but now he began to feel that the injuries not only did not heal, but only got worse.

Looking at some of his wounds, he saw that he was infected with some kind of dark energy or something similar. All of his wounds turned black, and this energy continued to invade his body, killing him little by little.

Of course it happened very slowly, but Sam was obviously in shock. He took out the healing fruits, fruits that help restore stamina and spirit, and ate them on the run.

By lunchtime, Sam reached the desert, but continued to run without changing direction deeper and deeper ignoring everything around.

He was now maintaining a moderate pace so as not to fizzle out too quickly.

As evening approached, Sam saw a continuous desert all around. There were sand dunes all around, as well as some hills and various rock formations.

He approached one of these rock formations and after a little exploration of the area found himself a kind of shelter in the form of a cave floor. Sam pulled the bed out of the ring and lay down.

He was not only completely emaciated, but the wounds were still there. At this point, Sam even had difficulty walking.

He tried to eat meat of the third type, ate various fruits, smeared decoctions of medicinal plants on wounds. But whatever he tried, he could not stop the spread of this energy.

Only his own spirituality helped to limit it a little, during the time on the way Sam learned to use it to prevent this energy from devouring him entirely.

He lay on the bed and continued to fight his wounds as best he could.

Sam felt that if this continues, he will still die.

How silly, he always avoided meeting strong opponents. And so this was one and only time he met and entered into battle with someone equal in strength.

And what came of this? He was beaten like a pathetic dog. And now he lies there and just dying from wounds.

Only a complete degenerate would sincerely believe that he could become the strongest among the billion people who started in more or less equal conditions.

Its like winning a lottery with chances one to a million.

Sam, of course, did not believe it was possible, so he always killed only weaklings. But in the end he stepped into shit anyway.

On the other hand, he again remembered, that all his life before the catastrophe, thoughts about death were the only salvation and consolation for him.

So maybe there is no point in resisting? Here it is, the opportunity to finally retire, to fulfill his old dream.

Because of his cowardice, he never had the courage to end his life earlier, but during this time Sam has already changed a little.

He was no longer afraid of pain as it was before, and death frightened him even less, because he still believed that if there is some deep meaning or true goal in life, then they lie in death, or they do not exist at all.

Of course he still didn't want to die, he wouldn't run and throw the sword if he wanted to. But because of his wounds, he felt that death was getting closer, and since it could not be avoided, then there was no point in resisting.

Sam began stroking the cat and gave him the idea that he should take care of himself, after all, the cat had been with him for a long time and Sam became a little attached to him.

Sam stopped resisting, he completely relaxed and felt how this energy began to gradually penetrate into him again.

He lay there on the bed with his eyes closed and thought about different things.

Sam remembered his life before the disaster. He remembered Ashley and her head on fire. He remembered those people whom he killed one by one.

He thought that he could never understand those people who aspired to eternal life. He was not yet 37, but he already believed that he had lived more than enough.

What is it like to live 100 years or more? Sam would probably go crazy from this, but eternal life is generally more like eternal damnation.

He laughed to himself, he was suddenly glad that all this would finally end, no pain and suffering.

He will no longer feel depression, boredom, dissatisfaction with anything. Only eternal rest.

At some point in his thoughts, Sam completely passed out.

7