Chapter 112
159 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He finally got to the forest at the borders of abandoned lands, there was traces of battle around.

But he did not know how much time had passed, and there were not many traces of these left. In some places there were skeletons and rusty remnants of weapons and armor.

Anyway he finally made it into the forest and was somewhat excited. Sam caught a couple of flying animals. Flying around, he saw the river and went down to the river. To begin with, he wanted to eat well and relax, for a long time he had not eaten his fill to the fullest.

He made a fire, washed himself properly in the river, after which he began to cook meat and simultaneously fish.

Sam's spiritual feeling was now spreading about a thousand meters around. While fishing, he felt the cultivators, they were moving in his direction, so Sam did not twitch, but calmly waited for them.

It was the first time Sam met on this planet called Mara people which was not from the rebirth sect, he still was not sure if the planet was inhabited. Only now he was finally convinced of this and was delighted.

And there were several reasons for joy.

For example, searching the entire planet looking for treasures ​​is a difficult and ungrateful business, but taking something valuable from others, as he did with Mason, is much easier.

In addition, there should be different maps of the area, again, he will not have to search the entire planet looking for interesting places. And Sam himself can get lost among people without problems.

He decided to take off all the rings and put them in a bag. He left only two rings, one per hand, ten cubic meters each. Douglas was also apparently thoughtful, so that the rings did not stand out in appearance.

Sam continued to fish and waited for guests.

Soon he was noticed, they were two men in the middle stage of the Qi Condensation. They were dressed in the same uniform. Drawing their weapons, they began to approach. One of them asked.

Patrolman - Who are you? And where did you come from?

Sam - I am Set, a cultivator, I fell off a cliff, apparently, as I came to my senses I realized that I don't remember anything. Is this some kind of restricted territory?

Both came closer and tested him with a spiritual feeling.

Patrolman - This is the border of the kingdom of Arun and the abandoned lands, the territory is not forbidden but dangerous, usually only bounty hunters go here. Whether you have lost your memory or not, but if you hang around here alone, you can lose your head.

Sam - Thanks for the guidance brother, I'll just eat and rest then will go further. Can you tell me which way to go?

Patrolman - Further in that direction is the border town of the kingdom, not far from here in that direction there is a path you can easily find it. Since you are a fellow cultivator, you will be just fine.  The conditions are not bad in the service of the kingdom.

Sam - Are there no other options besides service?

Patrolman - Of course there is, for example you can become a bodyguard for the rich, trading, treasure hunting, huntsman, or you could even work at spirit mines or something like that, there are plenty of other options. But no one will accept people at our age in the sect or anything like that. If by the age of thirty you, like us, are still at the middle stage of the Foundations of Qi, then there are no special prospects for the future.

Sam - I see, I'll think about it at my leisure. And as I understand you are on patrol now? If you want I can treat you some food, though the cook from me is, frankly, useless.

They started to consider it for a bit, a bird of the Qi Condensation stage was preparing at the stake, apparently they were able to recognize this with their spiritual feeling.

Patrolman - Well, why not, we have some kind of seasonings to add if you do not mind it brother.

Sam - I'm all for it, take a seat where it is comfortable.

Sam obviously didn't want to create unnecessary noise and problems for no reason, he didn't want to stand out right now.

He had no idea if the old man had any connection with this kingdom or not. So for now he will behave modestly and quietly.

Patrolman - So you brother really lost your memory? Since you've lost your memory, how do you remember that you fell off a cliff?

Sam - Well, I woke up next to a cliff, so I made a logical conclusion, although I am not completely sure what happened of course. I hoped that you brothers would help me and tell  me a little about things around here. For example, is the service paid so well? Compared to other options.

Patrolman - Well, for example, we are paid 500 gold per month, count it as 5 spiritual stones. In addition, decent accommodation and food are provided if needed. In general, the money is not small.

- For comparison, hunters come here in an attempt to find undead in abandoned lands, for one undead they pay 100 gold, and undead are at least at the Qi Condensation stage. It is also almost impossible to find them in these lands. Our task is simply to patrol, and if something happens report to the garrison.

- Of course, such a high pay is also due to the fact that our work is quite risky, if you run into the wrong beast or undead, then you might not be able to run away with your life.

- You can, for example, settle down to some rich sucker, pay will also be good, of course, but only there are enough scum among them. My father served to one of them, this idiot crawled to whom it was not necessary so they killed both the sucker and my father, like the rest of the guards.

- In general, there is a possibility that they will not treat you in the best way. Plus the risks of such job remain not small. And this is just one example.

2