Chapter 113
153 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The patrolman was quite chatty, Sam was certainly glad by that.

Patrolman - You can, of course, go to the robbers, but such people live even less. They will appoint a reward for you and you will have to run to the ends of the world.

Sam - Hmm, are there many mortals who become cultivators?

Patrolman - Ha ha. Of course not, the probability that an ordinary mortal will become a cultivator is one in ten thousand, probably? I won't say exactly. Very rarely, from the common people, someone has enough talent. It is almost impossible for everyone else. You need spiritual stones, pills, cultivation method. In addition, you need to temper the body to the required degree, which is also far from simple and extremely expensive. Where would a common man get all this from?

- Another thing is all sorts of rich and noble people, they certainly help their offspring as they can. Therefore, if he is not completely without talent, then often cultivators appear among them. These idiots are always squabbling with each other and do not allow ordinary people to live in peace.

- If not for my father, would I be a cultivator? But he gave his life for this, he gave everything to me, and in the end, I am not distinguished by any special talent ...

Well, at least Sam and all people from Earth got really very lucky to some extent, because not everyone is lucky to receive help from a planetary formation worth billions of spirit stones.

Obviously being mortal in the world of cultivators is probably not the most enviable fate.

Sam - What about these undead from the abandoned lands, they attack people?

Patrolman - Just as humans sometimes go hunting the undead, so the undead sometimes hunt humans. There were also full-fledged wars with the undead. Although this rarely happens, the last time it was ten years ago i think. Not sure exactly what happened back then but there was a more or less serious attack by the undead.

- I heard they have a whole empire of their own there, or something, I don't know the details, just rumors. In any case, abandoned lands are considered undead territory. They have an advantage in these lands, they can sense the living at certain distances.

- For example, I have a spiritual feeling of less than 10 meters, if I go to these lands, then even if by some miracle I meet an undead warrior, he will most likely know about me much earlier than I will be able to see him. I heard that even the spiritual sense of the senior cultivators is useless there.

Hmm, the bearded men also most likely felt Sam at a certain distance and were already looking in his direction when he came to them. But it is unlikely that this distance is much greater than the limitations of abandoned lands.

At least when Sam approached them directly, they did not have time to call for help or run away, although they probably did not intend to.

It's a pity he could not feel the undead, apparently they are useless for him.

Sam - You guys can help yourself right away. If the meat is ready to your taste, then fly in, as I said, the cook from me is mediocre.

Sam took one of the pieces first and began to feast.

He decided not to embarrass them with questions about how much the meat of animals costs, he finds out in the city.

Sam cleaned and washed the meat beforehand, and cut it into several pieces and left it on the bonfire until they arrived.

Sam - Can you tell me a little about the kingdom and the border city? So that I do not accidentally do some stupid things and offend anyone.

Patrolman - The kingdom is led by the Burh clan, they have many branches of the clan and offspring. If you see the coat of arms of a black eagle, then you better avoid these people, this is the main rule. Even the current king is from the Burh clan.

- I heard that their ancestor came from space thousands of years ago or something, in general, different stories are told, but where is the truth who knows.

A thousand years ... it turns out he died a long time ago, and passed on something valuable to his descendants. On the other hand, these are only rumors.

Patrolman - There are other sects and clans, but Burh are the main power of the kingdom. Of course, all noble ones are best avoided and not provoked.

- The Border Town is called Rent and has clan members too, so be careful.

- Now there is no war with the undead, so ordinary people at the entrance will not be stopped, only any traders with carts, or especially suspicious ones can be stopped for inspection.

- After entering the city, ask how to get to the nearest tavern and offer them meat, they will definitely give you a couple of dozen gold pieces, for the first time it will be enough and then you will figure it out.

- I can also add that the city of the capital is called like the kingdom of Arun itself, it is located far from here, on the way there there are two more cities and many villages which you will have to pass.

- Not everyone is frightened by the local authorities, so both in the cities and outside, there are enough bandits and groups, among them there are cultivators. So if you decide to go further to next city, I advise you to find some merchants with security or someone else.

- Of course, if you get rich, then you can fly on an eagle, the Burh clan breeds such, so whoever has enough money can ride with the breeze.

Sam - Aren't there some strong animals or birds? Is it safe to travel?

2