Chapter 114
150 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Patrolman - The territory of the kingdom is quite inhabited, rarely strong animals come across. Of course, there have been cases, but the likelihood of meeting some kind of bandits is much higher than a dangerous beast.

- Although I've heard stories about dragons and other powerful monsters, I haven't seen it myself, of course.

- Okay, brother, thanks for the food, we need to complete the detour. Maybe we'll see you again.

Sam - Thank you for your answers, brothers, take care of yourself.

Well, at least these guys weren't too embarrassed by Sam's appearance, that's not bad. That means he can get around in the city.

Sam was in no hurry, so he decided to catch himself some fish and thought about stuff.

He thought that the cultivator's age will not always correspond to wisdom. For example, a Core Formation stage cultivator could live 200 years of Earth time, but how many of those 200 years will he spend in meditation?

Sam entered the world of cultivators not so long ago, but spent most of his time in meditation. For example, three years in abandoned lands is about five years Earth time.

If this is the case with the rest of the cultivators who do not have a complete stagnation in development, then even a 50-year-old man from the Earth will have more life experience than a two-hundred-year-old cultivator, well, purely theoretically.

What about some twenty or thirty year old offspring then? If they spent half their lives meditating, if not more, then it turns out that such grown-up children are walking around?

Although, of course, it is unlikely that everything is exactly like that, rather Sam was just inventing himself. And Sam himself is to some extent just a big hairy child.

After a bite to eat with a fish, Sam set off towards the proud Rent. There really was something like a border town, a huge twenty-meter wall went in both directions where the eyes could see.

Sam certainly had no intention of flying or using a spiritual feeling, after all, if he was noticed, then there would be unnecessary problems.

He did not notice any queues at the gate, apparently there were not so many visitors from the border.

Sam, as always, looked like a commoner, simple gray clothes, walking barefoot. Well some could perhaps think that he is some kind of hermit, but that is unlikely.

At the entrance, he was checked with a spiritual sense, but was not stopped. So he slowly moved inside.

He didn't want to get a haircut and shave, because if he did something wrong, then after the haircut he would look like a completely different person. How is that worse than a secret camouflage technique?

The city was built for the most part in the style of the Middle Ages, only sometimes some buildings stood out with bizarre shapes or heights. The races were different, and with different characteristics, but Sam was extremely lazy to study all these races and figure out who is who, what's the point?

They were all humanoids and that was enough for him, same as in the rebirth sect, the humanoids were the majority anyway. In general, for him they were all more or less the same looking beings.

He saw some creatures which were used as mounts. For example that hairy blue horse-like creature he met just outside the rebirth sect. People was just moving around doing their stuff. It seems like this society is pretty common.

No one paid much attention to Sam, even the beggars would look at him with contempt if Sam did not look like a two-meter muscular hulk. In general, he was pleased with his disguise.

Sam went up to some beggar like himself, and stood in front of him at full height like a tower. Then he pushed his clenched fist to his face.

Sam - Tell me where the tavern is, or I'll break your bones.

The man was blown away and began to kindly explain how to get to the tavern.

Sam snorted and walked towards the tavern with his head held high. He felt great.

To be among mortals again, isn't it wonderful? Just like on Earth, when the difference in power was overwhelming between him and most of the people. The truth is now the difference is still too great.

He already looked at mortals not as equals, he even hated the thought of trying to fuck mortal women. Wouldn't he crush her to death with one effort? This is no longer sex but some kind of necrophilia.

Sam is certainly far from an angel, but he decided that even for him there should be some boundaries. Doing this with a mortal was like trying to do it with a newborn as an adult, even Sam was disgusted with doing this.

He walked slowly towards the tavern, looking around. On the way, he saw some kind of herb shop. He went inside and saw an old man behind the counter.

Sam took out one spiritual stone, went to the old man and put the stone on the counter said.

Sam - Old man how much gold will you give for a stone?

Wise old man - Fifty gold pieces.

Sam - What if I will break your jaw?

The old man looked up at Sam, after thinking a little, he said.

Wise old man - Seventy gold coins and this place is not a slum young man. Law and order are maintained in the city, and if you say such things, your own jaw will be well broken soon.

The old man turned out to be not a timid person, although Sam understood that the exchange rate was so-so, but he has tens of millions of these stones, why would he bother about one damn stone. Sam agreed to the deal.

Sam - By the way, where are these slums? I want to break someone's jaw by imagining your face.

Angry Old Man - Get out!

1