Fire
1.1k 4 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mason was having the time of his life living in the lap of luxury as sir Campbell completed a personal request from him.

"Could you please craft a leg for me?"

"Leg? Aha! Wait! So, this is the reason you were intending on winning the tournament? To get me to build you a leg?"

"Yes. It takes too long to wait normally."

"Why not have someone else make it?"

"My Lord has told me to make the best blacksmith in Bard craft it, and so I needed you."

"I see."

While Campbell was busy crafting within the blacksmith of the central church of Ares, Alice had followed the tracks left behind by the enemies, and arrived at a temporary settlement.

"Alright squad, listen up, I want each and every one of you to remain as silent as possible. We will split up and circle scout out their camp for a while, and meet up right here as soon as you are done. Try to find out where the prisoners are, and after that return here and wait for everybody else. If no one returns in 2 sun position (hours used by Leon kingdom military), then you will abandon us and return to Leon as quickly as possible and tell them everything."

"Yes Ma'am!"

"Shut it you fools!"

"yes ma'am~"

"Good, now go."

As everyone spilt up and began to quietly scout the enemy camp, Alice also moved out. Her mission was actually slightly different.

While all her group members were finding the number of enemies, and if possible then her friends, she was searching for the enemy's strength. Mainly in terms of levels.

For her, it was rather easy, just look above the heads of enemies, and read the number at the end.

[Lv 10]

[Lv 7]

[Lv 13]

[Lv…

Almost an hour later, she finally found the green names, and stopped in her position and followed the green name and searched around it, to find only red names.

However, the red names were escorting the green name into a building.

'Then that should be where the prisoners are kept'

However, Alice just waited for the red names, and waited some more time. And time did not disappoint her, she saw a different green name leaving the same building with the red names.

This was most likely the prison, and the place she had to get to.

She returned to where her squad had planned to meet up and waited there while sorting out her thoughts.

'I saw quite a few Lv 10 and above this time. I guess the last battle was just the Rolandians sending in their cannon fodder to tire up out. Or was it to give us a false sense of victory and make us recklessly charge into enemy territory like now? Either way. This battalion is the real deal, unlike our weak unorganised army, the Rolandians have placed, although not their elites, but their fully trained soldiers at the least. And God of Systems alone knows how many elites were hidden within the buildings.'

'Damn it! I came all the way to this continent in search for the perpetrators behind the conspiracy against my family, only to get stuck at this point? No! I need to think rationally. It is simply impossible to kill our way in, but simple sneaking and rescuing our battalion in will not work either, especially in their war conditions. Everyone would be on high alert and would not simply miss people sneaking into their highly guarded base.'

While Alice was thinking, all of her squad members returned, with gloomy expressions on their faces. Most likely, they had also realised their current situations.

However, while the enemies were lighting bonfires to prepare light for the night, Alice received an incredible idea from out of nowhere.

"Fire!"

Naturally, this idea did not appear out of nowhere, but it was Jack's idea which he sent over to her.

Alice's backstory will be explained in future chapters. do not get too excited. But I'm sure most of you all should have guessed a lot of it.

59