Skeleton Karlos?
516 13 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Jack was searching for a creature which was completely different from humans and beastkin, he came across something rather odd.

The prime plane was divided into 5 continents, however, he could only see 3 of them, Western, Central, and Southern, from which only the Southern was completely clear to him, while the Central and Western continents had divinity from other gods obscuring his vision. Yet, he could at least see most places without incredibly high population densities, as well as the immediate surroundings of his players.

However, he could not see anything of the other two continents; Northern and Eastern.

The entire continents had been completely obscured by fog. If the populated places of believers of other gods was like trying to see something far away when you have a number without the specs, the Northern and Eastern continents were completely blocked. The easter continent had a layer of white fog covering it completely from his eyes like someone putting a thin almost translucent piece of cloth in front of your eyes. On the other hand, the northern continent had a black fog covering it completely, as if someone had just gone ahead and censored it from existence.

However, within this black fog, a tiny, almost non-existent speck of shape and colour was being formed slowly.

Jack could see it slowly. It was a life being born. Jack did not waste any more time and sent over a system, directly integrating it with the life-form skipping the 'option' part since it hadn't been born yet and could not make such decision yet.

At this moment, Jack nearly jumped from his position within the cage from utter shock and disbelief as he noticed the truth about the creature yet to be born.

A few minutes ago, deep underground within the cave of a certain forest, a creature was both being born, and dying at the same time.

It was a human that was struggling to hold onto life after it and his companions had been ambushed by another group of humans.

"Die!" A yell sounded from behind the human on the ground as a sword pierced his heart and ended his life.

The group of humans slowly walked across the battlefield and killed off all the survivors and before moving along to another place.

A while later an unknown soul entered the body of the human that had been killed, and the body began to vibrate violently. It was at this moment that Jack had sent over his system into this unborn existence. However, the dead continued to violently thrash around like it was having a seizure for a few more minutes before settling down.

Suddenly, all the flesh just melted away from the body, leaving behind an intact white skeleton in its place, with faint blue light emanating from its empty eyes.

However, it did not move for a long while. The inside of its mind was in a mess.

'Where am I? What happened to me? Why can't I move? Why can't I feel my body? Why can't I see? What is happening?'

Jack noticed that there was an external soul that had taken over a dead body and been converted into some sort of undead. Seeing the confusion in its mind, Jack decided to help out a little bit.

Although the little soul could not see, it had a direct connection to its soul through the system Jack had given it, and it could see the system menu within his own soul.

============

Welcome to the Survivor's system

============

============

I am Jack, the God of Systems. Although I am usually very busy, I am currently free, so I thought I would help out a lost little soul like yourself.

============

'You? What? God of Systems? Where am I? am I in some sort of practical joke television show?'

Although the little soul that had taken over the dead body was just rambling on, his words caused a great deal of shock to Jack. He was now sure that this soul was not from this world, since as a god, he could see that the very laws of this world were rejecting this soul.

'Wait!' suddenly the soul remembered something as his thoughts completely halted for a few moments.

'I died…'

============

How?

============

'I was on my way back home from work with my co-worker. On the way, we had reached a fork in the road and went in opposite direction after greeting each other a good night's rest since our homes were in opposite directions.'

'A while later, an extremely loud and terrifying explosion sounded from a little distance from my home, scaring everyone at home including my wife and child.'

'Alarms were ringing and sirens were buzzing, and in the commotion, someone ran into my house with a huge sword like thing. I think I had seen it somewhere. Maybe it was a machete? Anyway, that f*cker went ahead to chop off my hand in one fell swoop, and proceeded to…'

At this moment, the soul stopped speaking as though in shock, disbelief and anger.

Jack could feel all of these emotions and simply waited for the fragile human soul to recover before continuing.

============

So, you died?

============

'Yes.'

============

What is your name?

============

'Karlos… Karlos Grey'

Jack just stayed quiet for some time.

============

Hey there Karlos… It is me…Jack…

============

'Huh? Wait Jack?!!!!'

[I think it would be better for me to talk with you directly like this instead of thought the system interface. Yes, it me Jack. The one and only. Unfortunately, not in the flesh.]

'…'

Karlos was shocked for a long time. Not only had he died, and been reborn into some sort of vegetative state, but his co-worker who he had just been with a while ago also seemed to be in this place, calling himself the God of systems.

Yes!!! And the plot finally begins to progress.
Just btw, Jack's death is not the typical isekai death, and is actually rather important to the plot. So do not forget about 'The Big Bang!'
kekekekekekke

Announcement
I'm back
28