CHAPTER 1: Awakening
73 5 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Earth, 2436. 12 December.   5123 days after GNW (Global Nuclear War):

 

The sound of gunfires filled the cabin of the abandoned spaceship. Behind the various bunkers were members of the 'Hunter,' a squad of elite annihilators of mutants.

 

Several dead bodies lay scattered on the ground. Their enemy is the giant monster that is roaring and sweeping away all bunkers and men with its strong tail. Their captain - Jack couldn't bear seeing all his comrades getting wiped out. He took out his two last clips of explosive bullets, and while reloading them on his handguns, he rushed toward the monster at a swift pace.

 

"No, Captain Jack!" His subordinates cried out in chorus. 

 

The monster lashed out its strong tail with a blast of wind, and in an instant, Captain Jack is only a hair's breadth away from its tail. However, he didn't seem to be in the least nervous. He leaned down nimbly to avoid the fierce attack while shooting three bullets that hit the monster right in the heart.

 

The monster let out a loud cry, as if in sharp pain. "Leave with the supplies!" Jack shouted. He understood very well that agile as he was, the monster was beyond him. All he could do was get his teammates to retreat with the precious supplies.

 

"But captain..." "Shut up! This is not a request, but an order!" Captain Jack shouted. "Yes... Captain!" His subordinates said reluctantly with tears.

 

They laughed and chatted together, charged and killed enemies together, drank and ate meat together. Captain Jack now shows a desperate but gentle smile, but this heavy smile includes thousands of emotions. He looked at the figures of his soldiers running back and took out the time bomb in his pocket with tears in his eyes...

 

The soldiers trudged back to their secret underground base. The base was built at a great depth to protect it from the mutant's attacks. Inside the site are areas and floors with different functions: greenhouse, laboratory, living quarters, etc.

 

The soldiers who had lost their captain walked in silence. Although they were soldiers, they could not help but wet their eyes. They seemed to have vicissitude ten years old after a mere two days of battle...

 

Meanwhile, in the cafeteria of all the Workers, two mischievous figures appeared in the back kitchen.

"Hey, M04-1891, you can't just steal the food! We'll get caught by the 'elders'!! " Said a fat boy in a dark yellow coverall with a metal plate with the code M04-1874 pinned on his chest. This boy in his ridiculous work uniform is David. 

 

"Why can all the nobles have the food they want, but we, the workers, can not?" Murmured M04-1891, who's tiptoeing toward the feast on the table prepared for the nobles. The real name of M04-1891 is Jona, but because both his parents were Workers, he is also one of them.

 

The M represents Miner, 04 is Group 4, 18 means he was born in 2418, and 91 is number 91 in his group. A simple code can represent one's identity. And Jona and David are two workers in the same group.

 

Not like all the nobles and their children who can enjoy the feast every day. The average Worker's meal is a tasteless mound of mash containing just enough nutrients for a day's work.

 

Jona walked cautiously to the table full of delicacies. Then, almost instantaneously, he casually picked up two plates of food before making a U-turn abruptly and then ran for his life with David following him. They had carefully investigated the routes that the guards take. Hence, they swiftly avoided them by shuttling back and forth through the staggered corridors.

 

As if God were playing tricks, when they finally fled to the hall, Jona accidentally bumped into a soldier before he could be thankful. The artificial meat mixed with sauce was spilled on the soldier's uniform, leaving an evident red mark on his clothing.

 

The soldier happened to work for Captain Jack, he's very depressed after losing his captain, but he can't vent it. Now the two children who had soiled his clothes were the last straw. He clenched his fists and let his fists flew toward Jona with all his fury.

 

Jona was scared out of his wits, he dropped the plate to the ground, shattering to bits. But suddenly, a strange consciousness entered his mind. Jona had some strange images in her mind, and it seemed as if he had seen them himself. Suddenly, his vision began to blur, and his head felt heavier and heavier. Eventually, he wasn't able to bear it, and reluctantly closed his eyes and lost consciousness.

 

Never in his life would Jona have thought that another mind was now in charge of his body. Just as the soldier's fist was about to touch him, the new Jona's eyes suddenly turned deep green, and there was not a breath of life in them. His foot stamped hard on the marble floor that a crack was instantly burst open. At the same time, he opened his right palm wide to catch the soldier's angry blow.

 

The soldier's punch, like a drop of water falling into the sea, was instantly swallowed up by great force. Jona didn't move one bit, his green eyes looked even paler.

 

"How... this isn't possible!" The other soldiers exclaimed. But they have yet to see the real strength of Jona's outburst.

 

Jona took the soldier by his arm, and as if using prehistorical powers, he ran the nearly two hundred pound soldier into the air with one hand. Then he jumped into the air, sending a sharp kick that hit the soldier right in his stomach.

 

The muscular man could not help spitting out a big mouthful of blood in the air. The tremendous force of the kick sent him banging against the wall, and he lost consciousness immediately. His fragile body seemed unable to bear such a great pressure for a time, with a muffled sound, Jona's body also fell feebly...

4