CHAPTER 5: First real combat (2) – One Hit One Kill
23 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Doharni's enemy was a smelly, scruffy boy. He didn't seem nervous at all; he was still keeping a gentle smile on his face, but his smile became so cold that even Jona felt chills to the bones.

With a piercing whistle that indicated the beginning of the match, the dirty boy suddenly released a swarm of flying insects that were extremely poisonous. These bugs flew directly towards Doharni who was still smiling but who remained motionless. Just as the bugs were about to touch him, Doharni's pupils suddenly constricted.

In that instant, Doharni's eyes seemed like a bottomless pit. When you look at him in the eyes, you'll feel like there's no way you can turn your attention elsewhere. "Damn! Is that the special ability of Doharni?" Jona mumbled, even he seemed attracted by his dark blue eyes from far away.

As if hypnotized by Doharni's eyes, all the insects froze, so was the boy. Doharni's waved his hand slightly, and the bugs instantly turned the stinger aiming at him to the scruffy boy. The boy let out a painful scream as he was devoured by his own army of insects.

" I must admit that he has a pretty cool ability," Jona said.

" What's so good about his eyes," Judy said. She didn't even realize that there was a hint of jealousy in her voice.

Under everyone's eyes, Doharni returned to his seat beside Jona and sat down as if nothing happened.

"There's something special about your eyes," said Jona, who was looking straight into Doharni's eyes.

"I am a soul controller. I can hypnotize specified creatures and send a command to them." Doharni continued," But it will tire me out rapidly, depending on the number and the strength of the enemy I control."

The time passed quickly, and after several battles, the host went up the stage again and said: "The following matches will be held by the afternoon. Please go to the cafeteria and enjoy your lunch."

Judy walked in front, followed by Jona and Doharni, and the group went to the cafeteria. They were each given a steak, an energy drink, and a salad consisted of fruits and vegetables. It was delicacies compared to the mashed potatoes Jona had before, so he wolfed down his food, regardless of any image.

Judy and Doharni stared at Jona, who was attempting to separate the steak by hands. Jona suddenly noticed the gazes from the people around him and paused for a moment before he said: "What are you looking at? Have you never seen anyone else eat?"

Judy could not help laughing aloud. Even Doharni, who always had the same serious expression, had his mouth curled slightly.

Jona, who was stuffing the steak into his mouth, scratched his head and asked: "Do you mind telling me what are you laughing about?"

Doharni had had a hard time trying to conceal his amusement. He said: "It's nothing, continue eating your steak." 

Doharni continued looking at Jona in amusement. Judy, on the other hand, looked at Jona curiously, even a bit lovingly. She just didn't realize it...

After lunch, the game resumed. On stage, a rough-skinned, bearded man poised in the middle of the stage. Not far from him, a man holding a machete looked at him defiantly.

The whistle goes, and the game begins. The machete holder suddenly started to move around in the arena. He was barely visible, for he was moving so fast that what could be heard was simply a gust of wind. However, the bearded man does not react except for the protective shield that magically appears around him. The protective film is translucent and emits a pale yellow light, which makes it look unspeakably comfortable.

The match lasted a whole hour. No matter how hard the man attacked, the shield did not weaken at all. Instead, the man with the knife began to slow down and get out of breath.

At last, the bearded man began to move, but he kept the protection around him. The man with the knife seemed to see an opportunity, and the blade cut at an eerie angle at the neck of his enemy.

The bearded man punched towards the man directly, ignoring the blade completely. The other man was surprised by the bearded man's indifference to his attack and attempted to withdraw the knife to block his blow.

He was too slow. The blow directly hit on his abdomen and sent him flying through the air while spitting out a few mouthfuls of blood.

"That was the longest match, but that dude is quite tough," Jona said.

"He's someone we should get in our team," Doharni said, already considering Judy and Jona as his own teammates, "What do you think?"

Jona nodded in agreement. Indeed, a defensor plays an important role in a team. 

It was the final match of the 35 pairs of competitors. The host, always with his harmless smile, announced the particularity of the last game. Due to the battling area's restrictions, the final pair of competitors will be fighting in a 300 by 300-meter jungle.

A large screen slowly fell down, showing footage from drones tracking them as the match proceeded. The jungle's terrain was complex—shrubs grown in clusters and vines twined around the big tree. 

On one side of the screen, a man wearing a camouflage costume was speeding between the large trees, confusing everyone of his location. However, the other was silently lying behind a rock, leaving only the tip of his sniper rifle visible.

Despite his tremendous amount of speed, the man was not making a sound. He avoided the sniper's point of view perfectly every time. And just when he was about 30 meters away from the sniper, 

the gun fired. 

The bullet shot by the sniper went flying towards a tree trunk with tremendous speed but missed his opponent completely. His enemy, who was hiding behind another tree, thought he was going to win. But he suddenly found himself pierced in the chest by a bullet. Needless to say, it was the same bullet before.

It was because the bullet ricocheted off the trunk of a tree, and the ricochet hit the unsuspecting man.

For a whole minute, the crowd opened their mouths in amazement. Then, they broke into thunderous applause...

3