Chapter 6 – Humans [2]
37 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Kill humans?'' Lyse muttered before looking towards his brother with pure shock, ''Brother, you can't be serious, right? We can't kill humans, we're of the same kind!''

''Of course. If what will happens in the next few moments won't convince you, I surely won't force you to do anything. But remember, the faster you do it, the less you will suffer in the future, hm?'' Haize said, not minding his younger brother's strong rejection of killing a fellow human. For ordinary humans, this is a normal reaction.

Through the camera, the young woman who is Lyse's classmate said with a sneer, ''This is the house of Sol Haize, Chairman of the Covering Sun Corps. Also the house of that son of a b*tch, Lyse. We can get a lot of good things here.''

Lyse was dumbstruck, wasn't that the usually gentle classmate he once had? An unknown wave of anger rose after she insulted his mother, though. With clenched fists, he stared at the young woman.

The man who was leading the three women frowned, ''Isn't that the pretty boy who rejected you, that Lyse? If you want, I can torture him to death for you, how?''

''Aya, you're such a good man!'' The young woman said softly, intoxicating the man with her alluring scent. Lyse felt truly disgusted, while unknowingly feeling relieved that he rejected her.

Haize also felt relieved that his younger brother didn't accept such a b*tch. Secretly, he decided that she wouldn't die a good death, no, she would suffer a lot. There are only two things in this world that can utterly anger him; Anyone who insults his family, and r*pists.

In the past years, nobody who angered him died a good death. They died feeling the strongest pain they could ever feel. Taking a deep breath, he slowly opened up the passage under Lyze's shocked stare, ''Hey, brother, why are you opening the passage to the underground garage? The man got a gun, man!''

''You can be so smart sometimes, but so dumb sometimes as well... Did you forget that our Mana Defense can ignore bullets? Just don't let him shoot you in the inside of your mouth, or eyes.'' Haize explained, without truly minding his brother's fears. Just around thirty minutes ago, his brother wasn't accustomed to being fearless of guns, after all.

Not everyone is like him, who is accustomed to fighting against people using guns, or accustomed to killing. Lyse unconsciously felt fear of guns due to his previous peaceful life experience, but that was going to change. A fire of determination slowly burned inside Lyse's eyes.

As the passage opened, Haize quietly hid behind a car after being sure that Lyse's Mana Defense was activated. An alluring smell left the cooked meat, attracting the four human invaders to the passage, one of the women said with a sneer, ''Aha! There is a passage here, the cowards must be hiding here!''

After getting here, they noticed the meat cooked here and Lyse, who quietly ate it. They looked at him with disdain as the man wanted to proclaim himself as the leader, and impress the young woman who was rejected by Lyse, ''Aren't you the pretty boy that rejected her? Hiding in an underground garage like the coward you're, eh?''

The young woman looked towards Lyse in anger, ''Did you feel good after rejecting me, you piece of trash? At least that opened up my eyes, I found a man much better than you!''

Lyse felt that she was being a bit unreasonable, as he barely remembered her due to the young woman living in the mansion next to his. Hearing her, Lyse smiled lightly before replying, ''Sorry, I can't remember all the sl*ts that want to sleep with me, not to mention one like you.''

'HAHA! Good answer, I'm so proud of you!' Haize thought, a wave of pride rose up inside him. The young woman gasped before viciousness took over her mind, as she charmingly said, ''I originally wanted you to be the dog of my man, but it seems you're not qualified for this. You think that you're still the Covering Sun Corps. young master? Your brother company isn't your backing anymore.''

The two women beside her also smiled viciously, as they encouraged the man, ''Dear, you should do as she said! Kill him for us!''

Hearing their words, the man felt proud as these women started to follow him, ''Little boy, don't blame me for what I'll do. Weak are prey to the strong, and you're weak!''

Lyse looked at him with disdain evident in his golden-colored eyes. His lips curled up slightly before spreading his arms to the side, ''Then go and shoot me to death, man. I'm not afraid of your little gun, aight?''

''You son of a b*tch!''

Bang!

Truth to be told, Lyse was shocked after hearing the gunshot. Time seemed to slow down, as red dots formed the bullet trajectory and even though Lyse could dodge it due to the prediction, he didn't. At this moment, he felt disappointed in how dirty humanity could be.

The bullet hit his forehead and as they touched the invisible layer of Mana, they bounced out, a golden Flame engulfing them. At that moment, the four invading humans were scared, how could someone survive being shot on the head?

''You... You monster! How can you do that?!'' The man yelled after noticing a golden Flame floating above Lyse's palm. He was scared because it reminded him of a horned monster that shot beams of light from its horn. It nearly scared him to death.

The temperature of the air increased exponentially, as Lyse's golden-colored eyes shone with a flame-like, golden brilliance. The man tried to run through the passage, but before he could take a step back, the Infinite Sun Flame engulfed him.

Ten seconds of pure despair passed, as the man screamed in pain before turning to nothing but scattered ashes. The three women were too scared, as one of them pleaded while trying to seduce Lyse, ''Hey, you won't kill us, right? We can do anything for you, even...''

Before she could finish, a bullet penetrated her forehead. Then, the other woman next to her was also shot in the forehead. The young woman who mocked Lyse stared at him with horror in her eyes, ''Lyse, we were classmates, remember? We used to be good friends, right? You won't kill me, I will do anything! Please, don't kill me!''

Lyse stared at her with emotionless eyes, before remembering his brother's words, ''The faster you do it, the less you will suffer in the future.''

Without hesitation, he shot the young woman on the forehead. After calming down, his anger was extinguished. Looking at the corpses, and the blood dying the ground around red, Lyse couldn't hold back his urge to vomit.

A hand patted his shoulder, as Haize left the hiding spot. He didn't want to interfere with his brother's choice, if Lyse truly couldn't gather the courage to kill another human being, it didn't matter. In this world, as long as Haize is alive, he wouldn't let anything happen to his only family alive.

[Note: I wanted to show a bit of humanity here, and that Haize's brother won't be an inconvenience in the present/future. I don't want him to be unrealistic, so showing his growth is necessary. I hope that this was a satisfactory way to show it!]

0