Chapter 7 – Mixed Abilities
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few minutes, Lyse felt better though a bit sick due to just killing human beings for the first time.

Sitting on a high-end car's chair, Haize comfortably closed his eyes before taking a look inside his Mana World. Inside of this magical world, a half-black half-golden sphere about the size of a fist stood in front of him quietly, like a perfect yin-yang balance. Despite each occupying half, it was as if they were just one, mixing together.

'Hm... If I had to put my Mana as percentages, 100% would be full, and setting up a Mana Defense costs 5%. I can passively regenerate 1% every minute, meaning that even if I just stay there without doing anything, it would take an hour and forty minutes to completely recover.' Haize thought, pondering to himself. That passive recovery was very important, and would certainly aid in battle.

Then, he opened his eyes and left the high-end car. Haize looked towards his brother, who was experimenting with the Infinite Sun Flames while feeling satisfied, he also explored these Golden Flames a bit. Knowing its usefulness, Haize started testing his Abyssal Wind.

Raising his hands with his open palm pointing upwards, a visible black-colored breeze in the form of a mini-tornado rotated continuously above Haize's palm. Lyse looked towards his brother in shock, and envy before saying ''What the hell, brother? You actually have more than one ability! Oi, that's unfair, man! I only have one ability, while you got two?!''

''I call for the GMs to clean you up, man, you're using hax!'' Lyse complained quietly as Haize ruffled his hair forcefully. The youngster could only shut up so that Haize finally stopped his evil actions.

Feeling slightly speechless, Haize said, ''Being honest, I don't know why I have two abilities as well. Maybe I simply got luckier than you, or maybe the fact that I'm more handsome than you helped me out?''

''Stop being so narcissistic!''

''Against facts, there are no arguments.'' Haize said with a straight face before adding, ''You're too young to even try to talk against me, Ly.''

The black-haired man felt satisfied, this distracted Lyse quite a bit from the fact he had killed a human being for the first time. Unconsciously, Haize left out a deep breath of relief.

Then, he stopped two meters away from a high-end car that was cut in half. An Abyssal Wind Blade about 1.5 meters long in a vertical position was cast above his palm, a chilly breath oozed out of it. Without hesitation, Haize waved his hand forward, as the Abyssal Wind Blade shot.

Each high-end car was about two meters from each other, and there were ten of them stationed on each of the two straight lines. Haize stood on the line at which most of the high-end cars had been cut in half by the Horned Lizard's beam of light.

As the Abyssal Wind Blade touched the high-end cars, it smoothly cut the high-end cars in half once again, as if a hot knife cut through tofu. It cut a total of three high-end cars before disappearing.

'So the current range is eight meters horizontally, probably vertically as well. An Abyssal Wind Blade costs 10% of my total Mana capacity, meaning I can use it 10 times, but that wouldn't be realistic given I need to use Mana for different things in a battle.' Haize thought while calmly analyzing his current abilities.

Then, he thought of mixing the Infinite Sun Flames with the Abyssal Wind. It is well-known that using Wind to boost Fire is a good idea, but Haize noticed that when the Abyssal Wind Blade dissipated, a faint chilly breath spread on the surroundings.

If not because of his senses improving due to the evolution caused by Mana, he wouldn't have noticed such a thing. So, instead of using the Abyssal Wind to boost his Infinite Sun Flames, Haize wanted to mix it within the Wind Blade. Maybe it would cause an unexpected effect.

So without more hesitation and pondering, another Abyssal Wind Blade appeared above his palm along with a faint fiery golden-colored brilliance covering all of the Wind Blade's body. Haize noticed that the cost immediately depleted 25% of his Mana capacity, all left was to test its effects.

Shooting it forward, Haize noticed that he could clearly control its range up to eight meters from him. So after it hit a car, Haize immediately dissipated the Abyssal Wind Blade.

An expected yet unexpected effect did happen, as the now fiery breath spread to the surroundings, golden Flames engulfed the high-end cars. Within seconds, the high-end car that could even resist bullets being shot at it became a metal-like liquid that was soon dissipated under the high temperature.

''Dude, your ability is a bit too broken, isn't it? You can even mix them!'' Lyse exclaimed while feeling envious. However, the pride he had of being Haize's younger brother burned brightly inside his eyes.

Since the apocalypse began, just over forty-fifty minutes passed. Maybe due to their high talent, both of them easily grasped the concept of Mana and its usages. It was very important that they knew how to use their Mana and abilities at least properly.

They had experienced quite a bit since the start of the apocalypse, even though such a short time passed. Lyse was the one that experienced things the most, due to this being his first contact with killing something and someone. They could also attribute their acceptance of such magical occurrences to their high adaptability, and open-mindedness.

Letting out a deep breath that seemed to relax his body, Haize put the Desert Eagle 50 on a pocket specially made for guns, before unsheathing his Katana. It's a very beautiful one, one left by his father to him.

Its blade is pitch black-colored, and so is its hilt. The hilt has golden-colored lines mixing with each other like spider cobwebs, exuding a strong allure to anyone who likes to collect Katanas, and its blade is about 90 centimeters long.

Truth to be told, this was the first time Haize ever used this Katana, because his father said that it couldn't be used on peaceful times.

'I guess this isn't a peaceful time, hm?' Haize thought while feeling that perhaps, this Katana is something special. His father had a grave expression when he introduced it to him.

Looking towards his younger brother who stared back at him, Haize's golden-colored eyes seemed to shine slightly, as he said with a faint smile, ''Now that we've gotten accustomed to these abilities, as long as we are careful we shouldn't be in extreme danger, so...''

''It's time to hunt, brother.'' [1]

[Note 1: Uuuuuh! It's time to hunt, finally some action after four whole chapters! Your days of boredom have come to an end, my dear readers! NYAHAHAHA!]

0