Chapter 8 – Truth about Humanity
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, my dear readers! Just passing here to ask your support, and that's it. All I ask to you is to add the novel to your library, or to give it a rating, or to simply give the chapter a like. Thaaaaaanks!

 

After they were in peak state once again, Haize decided it was time to hunt these monsters. He knew that their current peace wouldn't last long, it was either kill or be killed.

''Are you sure? I don't know how to fight, you know...'' Lyse suddenly became a bit timid when remembering these monsters. Seeing them on TV was completely different from when he saw them in real life. It truly scared him.

''It's understandable that you're scared, Ly.'' Haize comforted with a gentle smile, however, Lyse's hope was instantly shattered, ''But you can't run away from the danger all the time. I can guarantee that as long as I'm alive, I won't allow anyone to harm you, it's just that I won't be always here for you.''

''Even if I die, I wouldn't let you die. But I can't possibly guarantee that I can protect you all the time.'' Haize's face was heavy, this is indeed a possibility.

Lyse averted his brother's solemn gaze while waving his hands in embarrassment. Indeed, he felt shame towards himself but the black-haired youngster wasn't one to dwell on such depressing topics.

Feeling more determined, Lyse said, ''Stop saying such things, always lecturing me like that, ugh. I get it, ok? I'll just go out there with you and kill these things. I'll learn to fight, aight?''

Nodding in satisfaction, Haize felt that his persuasion abilities rose a bit. Then, he said with a light smile, ''Don't forget that we won't use guns since the cold weapons, in this situation, is way more useful. Only take it out if we need to deal with humans, it has a good deterrence.''

Bowing his head, Lyse instantly understood that he had been tricked by his brother. With a sigh, the youngster followed Haize in a dejected manner. Through the passage, they went to the backdoor.

'If they came from here, this means that most of the monsters are on the front side...' Haize thought with narrowed eyes, Lyse quietly followed him while being careful not to make any sound. The golden-eyed man stealthily looked towards the distance, where smoke rose endlessly.

In just forty-fifty minutes, many buildings throughout the entire city had been ruined. Even some bigger buildings were on fire, while small ones were directly cut in half or destroyed. Many of the mansions around them were ruined as well.

Lyse's eyes widened upon seeing the scene as well. However, Haize had a grin expression as he muttered, ''These damn monsters are smart, our case was really one apart. They are going on duos! We were lucky...''

''Remember, follow me without making any sound.'' Haize said in a low tone, Lyse nodded as they slowly left their current area. They went to the mansion next to theirs, where the young woman once lived.

While a part of the wall was destroyed by an invading monster, the mansion was fine as a whole. However, the ground was covered by blood, human blood. Haize's five senses were heightened by a huge deal, and he could discern between race's type of blood now.

It didn't take long to guess what happened, Lyse clenched his fist in anger but kept his voice low, ''That damn b*tch! She actually... She actually abandoned her parents in order to survive!''

They also guessed that the man and the two women with him were probably guests visiting. Haize quietly buried the anger on his heart, if his parents were still alive he certainly wouldn't even think of abandoning them. Even if it meant dying.

Stealthily, the two siblings followed the bloody traces leading towards a hidden basement. The owners of this house were of course prepared in case something happens, but unfortunately, it was too sudden. They weren't as paranoid as Haize, who immediately thought of apocalypse-like situations.

Going down through the blood-stained staircase, it didn't take long to arrive in the basement. A faint bloody smell permeated the basement, as a crispy sound of someone munching on something was heard.

With its back towards them, a White-furred Bear happily munched the arm of a dead man and woman. After entering the basement, Haize closed its entrance as he's not naive enough to think no monster will dare to approach.

Feeling its Mana fluctuations, Haize was sure that this White-furred Bear was about the same stage as him, 0-Star. If that was the case, the black-haired man was sure to behead it without much trouble. As he stared at the paw holding the couple's arms, Haize's golden eyes were cold.

He was going to disable the White-furred Bear with a sneak attack.

Out of thin air, two Abyssal Wind Blades were cast as his Mana was instantly depleted by 20%. It seemed to feel a dangerous breath, as the White-furred Bear hurriedly turned towards Haize.

But it was too late. The White-furred Bear could only avoid losing both arms, as a big Bear's arm fell to the ground with a 'thud' sound, blood dripping down as if it were a fountain. It roared in pain, while looking towards Haize with endless hatred.

''Come, I'm not afraid of you!'' Haize taunted the monster. He had already noticed that while it possessed enormous strength, its major weakness is that it is very slow. At the same time, the Horned Lizard possessed great speed but its most powerful attack took some time to load.

Haize feared neither of them because he had already taken note of his current strength. Be it his strength, speed, or defense, and they were all outstanding. This wasn't arrogance, but overwhelming confidence.

A golden-colored Flame wrapped his fist, covering the invisible layer of Mana defense on it. The Bear's huge paw was incomparably big when compared to his fist, but as they touched, the White-furred Bear wailed in pain.

Its paw was burned by the Infinite Sun Flame as soon as they touched together. If not because of its instinct made it pull the paw back, maybe the Flame would have wrapped its entire body, burning it to ashes. Fear converged on the Bear's eyes as anger took over.

The White-furred Bear knew that soon, it would die. As such, it decided to at least bring the hateful enemy together to death.

Its body glowed on a faint blood-colored light and despite the now useless paws, the Bear simply threw itself towards Haize. Lyse stared at the Bear while feeling worried about his older brother. Ignoring his fear, the black-haired youngster quickly moved his palm upwards.

Suddenly, a wide pillar made of golden-colored Flames rose from the ground. The huge Bear couldn't avoid it, but it didn't matter anymore. It only passed through the pillar for a second, but it was scorched as its white fur turned completely black.

Even so, its huge lifeforce kept it barely alive, despite death being just a few seconds away. It could only stare from the ground as Haize slowly came over with the black-colored Katana. With a swift slash, the Bear's head was cut as it died nearly instantaneously.

Looking towards Lyse, the black-haired man couldn't help but feel satisfied. Haize knew that his younger brother was anxious and that Lyse would move if he felt too worried. If the youngster truly couldn't move, Haize would just kill the monster.

However, Lyse's mind was too far away from their current situation. After seeing how the young woman acted, and that even her parents were abandoned to death for a chance of escape...

Lyse understood what humanity truly was. While this couldn't apply to all, the youngster was disappointed and wanted to deny it, but the facts were here. This was, unfortunately, the truth about humanity. [1]

Just then, his thoughts were disrupted as the attention of the two siblings were attracted towards a scroll floating above the White-furred Bear. At the same time, a blue-colored screen floated in front of the siblings.

0-Star White-furred Bear killed 

[Note 1: No, I'm not saying that all humans are like this. This is just to show a bit of the dark side of humanity. Of course, this may not really be the case in reality and is just made for the novel purpose!]

0