Chapter 9 – Danger
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Oh, I got kill as well for assisting you!'' Lyse excitedly.

Haize stared at the shining scroll before turning to look at Lyse, who looked back at him. They both said at the same time, ''Is that a drop?'' as the black-haired man slowly walked over to touch it.

Do you want to learn Flame Guard

Ignoring the question, Haize threw the scroll over to his brother. Lyse stared at the message in front of him before shaking his head, ''I saw that you were experimenting with that strange Wind ability you got, so I decided to do the same with my Infinite Sun Flames.''

''Though just the initial form, I can guess that the Flame Guard is just the complete version of it, so... Yeah, you can have it.'' Lyse said, but Haize stared at him in silence till the youngster gave up.

Ruffling Lyse's head, the golden-eyed man said, ''Since it's not complete, this is more suitable for you. I think this thing is most likely rare to get, and probably is always either Fire-related or Wind-related. Since you've already started to develop it, just have the skill.''

''Hmph.'' Lyse crossed both arms in dissatisfaction, 'I'm trying to help you here, man. At least accept some help from me, aight? Always doing things by yourself, and all...'

Feeling someone's dissatisfaction, Haize sighed, ''You know... These scrolls are probably very rare, so it's not going to be a common thing. Just get it and increase your defensive abilities. Different from me, you don't know how to fight.''

''Oh sh*t, we gotta run from here.'' Haize's face suddenly changed as his ears twitched a bit. He heard several heavy footsteps coming towards this house. Without hesitation, both ran out of the basement.

As they left through the basement passage, Haize cursed the dead couple, ''These dumb idiots, they forgot to make this place smell proof? Which age are they living at? The cave age?''

They immediately ran towards the backdoor but suddenly, a White-furred Bear jumped from above the house, stopping right in front of them. A faintly discernable, evil smile was on its face.

''These damned bastards surrounded us...'' Haize said as he heard five different kinds of footsteps vibrating through the earth, all around the house. Lyse's face paled after hearing him, but Haize smiled evilly.

The White-furred Bear felt something was bad here. A smell of its kind permeated the air, attracting their anger. From the other five surrounding the house, he was the leader, the most intelligent and strong from the group. It was at the Peak 0-Star of the Mana Stage.

They were enjoying a good time, killing and eating humans of this place however they wanted. But then, they felt one of their kind died on this house and so it ordered its subordinates to surround it. Through the fluctuations of Mana, it felt the killers were going to run through this door, and it was correct.

Haize's face was slightly grim as he felt the Mana fluctuations of this White-furred Bear, if he could judge through the Mana capacity, it was two times his own. This meant that it was either a 1-Star being or a Peak 0-Star being. However, the black-haired man wasn't afraid at all.

Without looking around, Haize said while taking a fighting stance, ''Lyse, I believe that the wall you made took around 15% of your Mana, if you make one that blocks anyone from coming through our back, how much will it cost? Be quick.''

''Understood.'' Lyse's face was a bit pale, but he wasn't afraid at all. Making that wall of Flames to cover their back will cost around 30% of his Mana capacity, so it's still a bit safe. With no hesitation, the youngster waved his hands upwards to the side, a golden pillar of Flame completely blocked the other White-furred Bears from sneak attacking them.

The White-furred Bear leader understood what they made and so it roared in anger. Its intelligence was higher than its subordinates, so it could understand such a strategy. Raising its paw, it waved towards Haize who was in front of it.

Despite its slowness being a weakness, it was still way faster when compared to its subordinates. The air seemed to be cut as a swoosh sound was heard, the paw effortlessly broke the concrete wall separating him and Haize in pieces, as it advanced towards the latter.

Though Haize truly wanted to compare in strength he knew that if they didn't do things quickly, maybe they wouldn't escape. Holding the hilt of his Katana with both hands, he waved it towards the incoming paw. There was a faint abyss-like aura on it, a result of the black-haired man infusing the Abyssal Wind on the blade.

It felt immense danger from the Katana, but it couldn't pull the paw back as it was already on the edge of the blade. Blood oozed as the leader wailed in immense pain, five roars broke out but its subordinates simply couldn't rescue it. Taking advantage of it wailing in pain, Haize didn't even try to kill the White-furred Bear leader.

Using his legs as a whip with golden-colored Flames wrapping it up, a solid kick landed on the White-furred Bear's belly side. The impact threw it on a nearby wall, and it passed by the Infinite Sun Flames' wall as well.

Though non-intentional, the White-furred Bear leader was killed due to the impact and it hitting the Flame Pillar. A notification of its death appeared in front of the siblings.

Leader-level Peak 0-Star White-furred Bear killed.

'So even against a Peak 0-Star being, as long as it isn't prepared, I can kill it without any trouble. Well, in terms of strength, it is at the same level as me. Well, its strength is most likely the same as ordinary 1-Star monsters, not sure though.' Haize thought to himself before him and Lyse ran through the bushes in front of them.

Unconsciously, Lyse let out a sigh of relief, ''Huh, this time it was very dangerous. We need to be more careful.''

The black-haired man nodded in agreement, ''Indeed, next time we should be more careful. If it didn't underestimate us, and instead tried to hold us till the other Bears came here, we would be dead.''

0