Chapter 10 – Lurking
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eyo! I opened up a patreon, so... um... If you wanna support me through that, I'll be very happy. If you can't support me like that, all I ask you is to simply add the novel to your library, to give it a rating, leave a comment, or just like the chapter. Thanks!

Support me for chapters ahead of the released: Patreon

 

''Hey, brother... I think I just had a crazy idea.'' Lyse said after they hid inside a house that looked half-destroyed. They were in the only portion of it that wasn't, and also made sure to contain their Mana fluctuations. It was quite an easy trick to learn.

 

''Shoot it.''

 

''Uh, ok. So, I was thinking that maybe we can clear this area and use it as a stronghold in this new world. I mean, not trying to be a pessimist and all, but it would be insanely hard for us to simply go to another city. I guess our only possibility is to slowly clean up this part.'' Lyse said with a slightly exaggerated, heavy sigh.

 

Nodding, Haize pretty much agreed with his younger brother's idea. He had been thinking of it a bit but wasn't sure if he should due to Lyse. Since the youngster himself suggested it, then there's no problem, ''Alright. Let's go to a place where we can look from a high position, there is one nearby.''

 

It didn't take them long to arrive on a rather small hill just on the side of their house. There were iron fences around it to prevent anyone from merely falling from it. It was precisely an observational spot, and there were beautifully-made artificial bushes all around. Looking down to the position of the agglomeration of mansions, they started observing the situation.

 

The total area of the place they live is around five kilometers, and basically, it had been divided into two places. Each has an area of two and a half kilometers, and they immediately noticed that the area of their mansion was occupied by the White-furred Bears, and the other area was occupied by Horned Lizards.

 

''The Bears have stronger strength but are as slow as a snail. while the Horned Lizards got a good defense, a good speed but their strong attacks take five seconds to completely load. So, which do you want to clear first? Creatures are very territorial, we can also forcefully put some White-furred Bears on the Horned Lizards territory, causing a war.'' Haize said after pondering for a few seconds with a cold glint.

 

''Wow, that's ruthless!'' Lyse smirked, imagining these two monsters fighting till one side is dead, or till both sides suffer big losses. Afterward, they can be fishermen and take the harvest happily!

 

Suddenly, the sound of a low growl was captured by Haize's ears, as they twitched slightly. The bushes around them suddenly moved, as a dark shadow moved out of it with great speed. In an instant, the dark shadow opened its mouth, revealing sharp teeth aiming at Haize's neck.

 

Just as the dark shadow thought it succeeded, Haize's figure became illusory before slowly disappearing. Before it could react, a black light flashed as its head was severed, staining the ground with red blood.

 

[=- Semi 0-Star Mutated Dog killed -=]

 

''Hm? So the animals also mutated...'' Haize thought while slowly feeling things are a bit more tricky than he thought. A terrifying thought came to his mind, if these monsters had some intelligence, what about the already-intelligent animals that mutated? Wouldn't their IQ be compared to human beings?

 

Animals and monsters are innately stronger than humans, though that disadvantage slowly disappears as the Mana stages increases. He had already noticed, these mutated animals and invading monsters are intelligent, cunning. They could even divide themselves into groups to hunt humans.

 

'This will need our plan to accelerate, the faster we can dominate this area... The better it'll be for us.' Haize thought, he wasn't sure if the invasion would start on other states or even countries. But for certain, Ottawa was already a lost city. It was already a good signal that it wasn't nuked yet.

 

Lyse was shocked as he saw the dog with pitch black-colored fur lying motionlessly on the ground, its head severed, ''Dude, is it my impression or this dog is a 'bit' different from our ordinary friendly dogs?''

 

''Not your impression. This is a Semi 0-Star Mutated Dog, or so this is what the system calls it, our plan will need to accelerate a bit, Ly.'' Haize said as his gaze became cold as ice. His golden-colored eyes flashed a piercing, fiery brilliance as he looked over the monsters.

 

Ottawa, Lightwood Townhouse.

 

The commanders of the White-furred Bears and Horned Lizards are both two 1-Star Beings and are the leaders of their race. As one of the first three races to come, they wanted to take the most advantage to strengthen their still weak, low-numbered race. While they were dividing the same area in two and seemed to be in peace, this was only temporary.

 

In less than a day, they would probably go to complete war. The strongest race would win, and the weakest would be annihilated, never to exist anymore. This is how the law of jungle works. Weak are prey to the strong.

 

Two beings, one being 4.5 meters long and the other being 4.5 meters tall, would fight.

 

The White-furred Bear commander looked at the Horned Lizard commander with a cold look, as it roared. As if it understood the monstrous Bear, it roared back as their intense gazes clashed, tiny sparks hovered in the air. It was obvious that most of the humans in this place had already been hunted by them.

 

This only meant a single thing.

 

Both races would go to war in order to assert who would dominate this area now that the weak, unevolved race had been eliminated from this area. As the Seventh legion of their respective races, losing meant annihilation while winning meant glory. They were ordered by their race's King to dominate the area they are transported to.

 

A beam of light slowly condensed on the top of the Horned Lizard's horn, while snowflakes appeared around the White-furred Bear's body. Undoubtedly, a fierce fight would break out, both races would fight!

 

Behind the 4.5 meters long Horned Lizard, dozens of other smaller Horned Lizards appeared as they roared. The White-furred Bear with a height of 4.5 meters roared, a chilly aura slowly spread to the surroundings as dozens of roaring three meters tall White-furred Bears appeared behind it.

 

Just as a war till death was about to start...

 

The bodies of the two commander-level monsters shivered, feeling a sharp, cold gaze hovering over them. This made them notice something, something strong was lurking nearby. Something giving them a sense of danger, one that they only feel when fighting a similar foe.

====

Note: UUUUU! Our dear Haize is putting fear on these damn monsters! Ugh, too bad that this made them notice that he's nearby, meaning the chance of him taking over them is a bit hard! The chapter is named 'Lurking' because they noticed that Haize is lurking because he indeed is!

0