Chapter 13 – John Nekros
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join my community server for Authors and Readers: Discord

====

Haize, who had just woken up, saw the blue-colored screen and almost lost consciousness again, 'What the hell... Can't you hide my name as well since you hid yours? I was already hated before, and now...'

 

''Holy sh*t, brother! People will goddammit hate you from now on!'' Lyse said while laughing so hard that he teared up. He only stopped after seeing his brother's dejected expression.

 

Haize looked up before sighing lightly, life is hard.

 

United States, the White House.

 

''That f*cking Sol Haize again?! Isn't he content with dominating the economy already? Why does he need to f*ck up the entire world as well just because the place he lives was f*cked up?'' The president cursed thrice before calming down, as notices of portals appearing throughout the entire world were delivered to him.

 

The same thing was being said by the President of other countries. It was not that there was no other Sol Haize on Earth, but that their minds subconsciously judged that there was only one Sol Haize that could have such achievements. He was the world's King and the underworld's Emperor.

 

He was called a saint, but also a demon. While many loved him for his good deeds on the world, many also hated him for his domination of the underworld.

 

On the internet, humans throughout the world were talking about a Countdown of a week appearing in the sky. Also that their phones were being charged by sunlight and that their phones would be forced to undergo an update.

 

Massaging his forehead to relieve the tension, the president said, ''It will be nearly impossible to control that. Hear me and pass the message, we don't want the same thing that happened in Ottawa to happen in the US. All military bases in each city should be on guard, no matter what, we need to take a hold of the situation.''

 

''Sir, yes, sir.''

 

Meanwhile, at the entrance of Lightwood Townhouse.

 

A youngster about 17 years old with silver-colored hair stood by, looking at a barrier in front of him. With a cheerful face, he entered it despite knowing that it would be impossible to leave. In front of him were the bodies of the seven leader-level White-furred Bears.

 

From his fingertips, dark silver lights slowly connected with one of the bodies, as it rose up with a dull expression. Feeling even more cheerful, the youngster said, ''I wonder how Ly is doing? Given that announcement, he's probably with that paranoid brother of his, most likely safe.''

 

There was a bit of fear in his tone when he mentioned Haize. Despite that, he talked cheerfully to the dead White-furred Bear, as it started walking towards Haize's house. Behind him was also a strange green-skinned Gecko about three to four meters long, and it followed him obediently.

 

It didn't take long for the silver-haired youngster get to Haize's house. As if he knew the code, he pressed the wall in a specific manner.

 

In the underground basement, Haize was staring at a blue-colored screen floating in front of him.

 

Due to your achievements and contributions to Planet Earth, two special rewards have been sent.

 

 Special Reward 1: Spatial Storage
Special Reward 2: Swordsman title

Instinctively, Haize knew how to open the Spatial Storage, how to put and take anything from it. Then, he opened his status, 'Hm? I can see the specifics of my titles now?'

 

After a quick check, Haize saw that his title First Blood didn't give him any benefits, it just meant that he was the first to kill any monster. He was, however, surprised after seeing the Swordsman title specifics.

Swordsman - Makes 10% easier for the user to learn any kind of Sword Arts, and 15% easier to comprehend the way of a Swordsman

Haize wanted to experiment with that title, before he saw that the passage was opened by someone from the outside. Regardless of the fact that he only has 31% of his Mana right now, Haize covered his Katana blade with Abyssal Wind. Lyse was also tense, and the Infinite Sun Flames wrapped his fists.

 

Two big monsters appeared from the passage, and the two of them didn't hesitate at all. One had its head chopped off, while the other was burned to ashes. A cheerful voice came from the passage, ''Wow, you actually got so strong, Ly!''

 

''John?'' Lyse asked suspiciously before seeing the silver-haired youngster, ''What the hell happened to your hair color, man?''

 

The silver-haired youngster who is called John Nekros is Lyse's best friend. They became friends when they were just babies, as the two families were actually very close. When Haize was forced to take care of the company after his parents' death, John's parents taught him how to manage a company, and helped them with many other things.

 

For that, Haize is very grateful and treats the youngster as his own younger brother.

 

John scratched the back of his head embarrassedly, ''I don't really know. It happened when I managed to kill an injured Blue-scaled Gecko with the gun my parents gave to me for self-protection. These Geckos are different from other monsters, and don't have much defense.''

 

''After completing the tutorial, I entered the 0-Star Mana Stage and awakened the ability Lord of the Dead. Then, my hair and eyes just changed to silver, cool, right? I know!'' John said with a smug smile, before noticing the sun-like mark on the siblings' forehead.

 

Before he could say anything, Haize ruffled his hair forcefully before saying with a sigh of relief, ''How did you know how to open the passage? I'm happy that you didn't die out there, you got a good ability, brat.''

 

''I was in school when that happened, most of my classmates here died. When I got the ability, I could control up to 5 dead being up to the Peak 0-Star from what I noticed. I couldn't control any dead being above Peak 0-Star.'' John was very cheerful when he said that.

 

Suddenly, he became a bit dejected, ''But people started avoiding me because of that, they didn't want to stay near someone who controls the dead, a so-called Necromancer. I noticed that we can't leave this place before killing the two commander-level beings here, so you probably don't know the outside world's situation.''

 

''Many buildings were destroyed by flying monsters, while many of them are even lurking inside the destroyed buildings. It became a living hell, and humans who were lucky like me to kill injured monsters formed factions. Just an hour of the apocalypse and such things are happening.'' John's voice carried deep sadness, as he added, ''I didn't find my parents, but at least I can feel they're alive.''

 

At this moment, Haize ruffled the youngster's hair gently. As an older brother, his duty was naturally to protect his younger brothers! Then, he said, ''John, don't worry. Uncle and Aunty are strong, so nothing will happen to them. It doesn't matter if you're the Lord of the Dead or anything, we'll be here with you, got it?''

 

John nodded before quickly returning to his cheerful self as he started talking with Lyse. Haize was also happy, before he calmly said, ''It would be a bit troublesome to dominate this area and get a foothold in this apocalypse... But you're simply the missing piece, John!''

 

''The plan is this...'' Haize started talking in a serious manner as a cold glint flashed deeply in his golden-colored eyes. A faint fiery brilliance leaked out of them, but it only gave a sense of endless coldness.

 

It was time to stop passively defend, now... They were going to attack.

====

Support me for advanced chapters ahead of the released: Patreon

0