Where am I?
3.6k 17 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The situation was quickly dealt with when my dad went and got a shotgun that he had hidden under the floorboards. When he was later talking to mom I heard him saying that they just had to fire warning shots and the herd ran away due to the loud noise.

But I was still surprised, I was pretty sure that I had just been reborn into a poor family but now there is talk of dinosaurs? Where did that come from? I hadn't seen anything else that would suggest this different from the Earth I was used to. Maybe they just used different wording around here, like they named the buffalo triceratops.

I thought of different excuses in my head to justify what I had heard but there really was no denying that this wasn't the Earth that I was used to. There were ancient extinct monsters just roaming around in herds and my dad didn't even look that shocked. It was as if it was a normal occurrence, the way he knew how to deal with them by scaring them away with his gun.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Time kept passing as months turned to years when I was to turn 7 years old. I had grown up like any normal child would, playing with the kids that lived around us. I had come to learn that we lived in a small farming community in a rural area. When I tried to ask my dad or mom for more information about where we were they just said we were in a rural part of Amenbo island. Also, he would take the produce from the farm and go once every few months to sell it at Sasebo city.

I didn't remember hearing about any of those places in my last life so maybe this was really a new world. Also, we kept having incidents with dinosaurs over the past few years, but not on our farm thankfully. The closest incident we had was when a farm a few homes away from ours got a whole horse stolen when a flying beast swooped down from the sky for a meal. It was huge almost as big as our house itself, and there was nothing anyone could do to stop it.

On the day of my 7th birthday, we celebrated as usual with cake and a celebration with just our family. Even though I did have friends in the area, birthdays were for family.

The day after my birthday I woke up late, still groggy from the day before. The whole family had stayed up and watched a movie on the rickety TV while eating cake. It wasn't anything special especially compared to the 80" TV had had in my own room in my previous life. But it was a heartwarming evening, one I hadn't had too many of before because of how busy my parents always were at the hospital.

After I woke up I washed up and went to the kitchen to get some food for breakfast. Surprisingly dad was still there, and he seemed to be waiting for me. He usually left early in the morning to work in the fields.

"Ah finally up huh Raiden, don't worry it's just 12 in the afternoon," he said as I sat down on the small table we ate at.

I couldn't help it when I got a shade of red lighter from his teasing. I was quite mature for being 7 years old, of course, I would be when I was 15 before. But this gave my dad little to scold me about, so he took the chances when he had them.

"I was feeling sleepy today I mumbled," started to eat my bread with a little bit of jam.

"Ha, it's good that you got extra sleep, you're going to need your energy today. It's about time you learn how to start working the fields.

I gave a little nod back to my father since I was still chewing. I knew this was coming because a bunch of the other kids that lived around here also started learning when they were young. At first, I thought that I was about to be put through child labour, but then I immediately dismissed the thought. Dad hadn't so much as hit me as since I was reborn, no way he would subject me to hard labour. Well, it's not like I gave him much reason to punish me anyway, since I was already in my 20's mentally I knew how to behave.

Anyway based on what the other kids had told me all I would be doing is following dad around and basically learning how to do stuff, like till the land, plant seeds, and other farming things. I wasn't really sure what went on around the farm.

Dad and I left for the fields a little after breakfast so I would have time to digest and we reached the fields around 10 minutes later.

When we reached the field I realized other than the plants that were already growing there was no equipment anywhere. No tractor, no shovels, no anything.

Before I could ask dad what he usually worked with he pulled out a small box from his trouser pocket.  He opened it had it was full of what looked like pills of some sort with a little button-like thing on the top. I don't know why but I felt like I had seen them before.

Then with a flick of his wrist dad pressed the button on one of the capsules in the box and threw it to the floor. With a poof of white smoke, a large tractor appeared in front of us.

But I wasn't paying attention to the tractor, I had just realized where I knew those pill looking things from. They weren't pills they were capsule from capsule corp, and if that was true all the dinosaur and the flying monster made sense.

I finally knew where I was, I had been reborn in the world of dragon ball!

90