Turning Off the Stove
1.3k 14 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You? How would you put it out," asked the Ox king still looking forlorn over master Roshi's failure to stop the fire.

"I think I can at least try. But is it okay if we take the dragon ball if I manage to put it out?" Raiden asked.

The Ox king thought about it for a second before quickly getting up and agreeing to Raiden's request, "Of course, you can even have all my treasure if you want, I just want to be able to go back home."

Raiden gave the ox king a small nod with his head as he began to float into the air. He ignored the gasps of surprise that came with him flying as he looked at the area around the mountain.

Frypan mountain was surrounded by a blazing fire that went miles into the sky. The only thing barely visible in the great inferno was the ox kinds castle on the top of the mountain, anything else on the mountain had most likely been burnt into ashes.

There was no way he would be able to go directly into the castle while the fire was still burning even if he did surround himself with ki. He was dozens of feet away and the residual heat of the fire was already getting too much to bear. No, he would have to try and put out the fire with ki, just like master Roshi had tried to do.

Raiden called his ki balled to him sat in the air focusing solely on his ki. He willed his ki balls, which were condensed to hold a large amount of ki, to expand and dilute. He kept diluting his ki further until they started to fall towards the fire like a rain of ki.

Raiden smiled as he watched his ki start to fall on top of the mountain and eventually start to smother the fire. Of course, the ki that he had just prepared in his ki balls wasn't enough to put out the whole burning mountain, but if there was something Raiden didn't lack it was ki.

He kept out letting a rain of ki as he watched the fire slowly start to ebb away. After about ten minutes of constantly supplying ki, Raiden finally stopped when he started feeling light-headed from focusing for too long. By now the fire had turned into a few smoldering flames scattered around the mountainside and the castle was once again visible in all its glory.

Raiden barely had time to float back down when he was grabbed in a bone-crushing hug by the giant ox king.

"Thank you, thank you so much! Is there anything else I can do to repay you?"

"L-Let go before I choke to death first," Raiden said struggling to free himself from the giant man's arms. The ox king let go in a hurry causing Raiden to fall on the floor with a dull thud. He quickly dusted himself off before turning back to the giant man.

"All we need is the Dragonball," he thought for a moment before adding, "but I guess you should also stop attacking the people that pass by here."

Before the ox king could respond Raiden quickly made his way to where Bulma was already making her way out of the castle, Dragonball in hand.

"You didn't waste any time did you," he said with a smile.

"Well it's the whole reason we're here," she shrugged.

"O yea where's Goku anyway?"

Bulma pointed just behind Raiden and he turned around just in time to see Goku fire a Kamehameha wave into one of the walls beside the castle.

"B-But how that move took me 50 years to learn," master Roshi muttered in disbelief.

"Well he is Gohan's grandson after all," the Ox king commented.

"Gohan? Do you mean Son Gohan? Hmm, I see it makes sense now. Gohan did mention that he started raising a little boy he found that had a tail," Master Roshi realized. He walked over next to Goku who was still looking at the damage from his energy blast.

"Hey, Goku! How's your grandpa Gohan doing now? I haven't seen him in years."

"O Grandpa Gohan's already died," Goku said bluntly.

"O I see... It seems that we've lost a great warrior," Master Roshi said sadly. He turned his attention back to Goku, "hey how about you come train with me, at my island. I did teach your grandpa after all," he offered.

"Really? Alright, then I'll come over right after I finish finding the dragon balls."

"Cmon Goku let's go we found the Dragonball," Bulma said as she and Raiden made their way back to the others.

She threw out her hoverbike capsule and got on her bike but was surprised when Raiden also got on with her. She looked back at him with a raised eyebrow but he just shrugged as he wrapped his hands around her waist.

"My head hurts from using too much from putting out the fire, I can't really fly right now," he said.

They thanked the Ox king and master Roshi before they rode off but noticed that Goku wasn't with them. They looked back and saw him flying at a furious pace on his nimbus trying to catch up.

"What's with the hold up," Raiden asked.

"O gramps was telling me where his island was and Chi-Chi promised to give me some food the next time I saw her," after thinking for a moment he added, "I think she called it a bride or something like that."

"Hmm I've never heard of a food called a bride must be a cultural recipe," Raiden said holding back a laugh. He finally remembered how Chi-Chi and Goku had gotten together, not that he would explain it to the little fighter. He probably wouldn't understand even if he tried to explain.

They continued on their trip having only one dragon ball left to find while Raiden tried not to laugh every time he looked at Goku with Bulma just giving him an exasperated glare.

56