Splitting up
2.3k 22 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Goku? Goku is your perfect boyfriend," Raiden asked feigning shock. Of course, he already knew that the dragon had probably shown Bulma Vegeta but he wasn't supposed to know that.

"I- I'm not sure," Bulma said with hesitation. "The dragon just showed me vague images and I didn't get to see the person clearly, he said it wasn't within his power. He also said something about how the future wasn't set in stone and could change due to an anomaly in my path forward," Bulma explained.

"An anomaly huh," Raiden said lost in thought.

'So that's what I'm counted as, I guess it makes sense I'm not really a part of of the Dragonball universe, to begin with.'

"I guess this is it, we found the dragon balls huh," Bulma said retrospectively.

"Yea I guess it is, what are you guys going to do now," Raiden asked the two.

"I'm going to grandpa Roshi's place to train," Goku said with a grin on his face.

"Well, my summer vacation ends soon so I guess I'm going back to school," Bulma said sadly.

"I think I'm just going back home, at least until the next world martial arts tournament. I don't really have anything else to do," Raiden said

The three friends said their goodbyes as they all went off in different directions. Raiden couldn't help but feel that the past few weeks had all been a waste of time. They had spent all the time collecting the dragon balls just to use them on Bulma's love life. But the strange thing was the dragon didn't just tell her it was Vegeta, it should have been clearer than ever since she didn't really even interact with Yamcha in this timeline.

Raiden didn't really know what to think, it's not like he wasn't attracted to Bulma, she was hot that's for sure. But she was also stubborn, arrogant, being one of the smartest people on the planet did that to you. Not that he was any better, having no one as strong as he was had definitely made him feel a little narcissistic recently. He would probably see Bulma again during the world martial arts tournament so he should probably just wait and see how things go. Lost in his thoughts Raiden shot towards home in a blur across the sky.

***** - One Week Later

"Stop smirking at me, I'm doing this for my mom, not you," Raiden muttered as Bulma's smirk grew even larger.

"Stop trying to act all high and mighty when you barely even passed the entrance exam," Bulma teased.

"You know I could blow you up with a flick of my wrist," Raiden threatened.

"Yea yea, I'm sure you can," Bulma responded dismissing his threat. Of course, she knew no matter what he said he wouldn't really hurt her.

Raiden just put his hoodie over his head and groaned as he took his first steps inside the school thinking where it had all gone wrong.

After staying at home for a few weeks Bulma had somehow found out his address and invited him over for dinner along with his family. His mother who had never been to the city had been ecstatic so Raiden and his mom and dad traveled all the way to West city. (His sister had been busy with work.)

After the dinner, Raiden's mom had tried inviting Bulma and their family for dinner back at their place but Bulma declined, saying that school was starting again for her and that she wouldn't be able to travel all the way to his house and back in time. At that point, Raiden knew that it was over for him. To his embarrassment his mom made is take a mock test right there at Bulma's house for the 11th grade, which he spectacularly failed.

He had only been in the 9th grade in his previous life and had used his previous knowledge to get out of school so far, but now that his mom tested him again it was over for him. He had used his one argument that he wouldn't know anyone at the school and wouldn't have friends as an excuse but Bulma had spoiled his plans.

She said he could just go to school with her, and then started staring making his mom's eyes go bright by explaining how prestigious her school was and whatnot. And a week later he was in the 11th grade along with Bulma. His mom had agreed to let him stay at capsule corp until he finished high school so he wouldn't have to fly back and forth every day.

As a last-ditch effort, he had tried to ask his had to help him escape from his situation, but just a single glare from his mother shut down that idea.

"O don't be so down, school's not that bad. I even made sure we have to same classes so you won't be alone," Bulma said waking him up from his daydreaming.

"And how exactly did you do that," Raiden asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well let's just say the school would have a few fewer pools and libraries without my family's help," Bulma gloated as they stepped into their first class. " Your not mad are you," she asked after some hesitation.

Raiden sighed as he sat down on his seat. Was he mad? No, not really. Even if he didn't really want to go to high school, he at least wanted to get a high school diploma so he could make his mom proud. He had run around the past few years doing whatever he wanted and his parents had supported him, this was the least he could do.

"No I'm not mad, I just didn't expect it. I mean I was fighting monsters and evil smurfs trying to steal the dragon balls not too long ago. School in comparison just seems a little... lackluster I guess," Raiden said getting rid of her guilt. It wasn't her fault anyway, if anything her made it possible for him to go to the best school possible. He had failed his mom's mock test so Raiden was pretty sure him getting into Senior High School had something to do with her, mainly her money.

48