Chapter 1: My first day [Draft]
134 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two people that were to take me to the Academy, were a pair a burly men in full chainmail with a full face covering helmets. They were also resting their hands on the hilts on their swords...

I pull my travel bag closer to myself and hold my scythe tighter, I feel like they gave me an approving nod...

The left one gestures for me to follow as the right one starts walking, I give my parents one last kiss and hug and hurry to follow along.

I due a crowd since a pair of heavily armed men escorting a child towards the Merchant District, and we briefly stopped at Ruder's home. And compared to the other buildings it was modest, while most of the Merchants homes were at least two floors with maybe a dozen rooms. Ruder's home was only a single floor and maybe four to six... even my home bad in the "Poor" district had three rooms.

Ruder had a decent looking outfit, an outfit that befits his station as a landless nobleman. He had a white long sleeve shirt and a half robe that was tired from his belt line down, on his right hip sat an sword it was a half-sword or a long dagger since, it was illegal's to own swords unless you were a landed noble or a mage, but since we were both [World Summoner]s we are now mages...

Ruder gives me an apprising look, and noticed my scythe and he glanced down at his sword... "Nice weapon." He commented as he joined me and we started walking again.

"Yea my dad made it, your fits you." I answer and gestured at his sword.

He nods but shakes his head, "I have a sword, while you have a scythe. I doubt anyone trained such as I, could fight you without some uneasiness. Think about it, a noblemen's child would me trained on sword to sword or maybe sword to spear, but sword to scythe? Hel no."

Though what he says his helpful I had to ask why, "Ruder, I have only met you for a day, or not even that... but why are you telling me this stuff?"

Ruder seemed suspires? "Well put it simply, my father told me that we should help each other out as much as possible."

Hmm. Sounds like something my father would say... Hmm. "But that doesn't make us friends." I tell him.

"Ture, but my father told me to help you incase of anything political you need with."

"E-eh?"

"Look, father told me that you will need help so that you aren't abused since your lack of status, though we are both now mages which has it's own form a nobility. But I had been trained to deal with it, and you haven't. So I'm purposing that in exchanged for my help in regards to politics... well more so the things that happens behind the scenes."

"Like?" I asked, I didn't have an issue with what he offered, mom did worn me about annoying nobles and mages...

"Well assassination is one of these things, but as a mage and a [World Summoner] if you die the Imperial Family would loose their minds. So they would either bully you or do something to your family. Mine are protected since we are landless, but yours are... to put it bluntly nobodies, and nobody would care if they die. As long as you don't die why would they care?" He tells me seriously, and I can sense the minor leak of Mana with his words, and he takes a breath and pulls his Mana back.

I sense a different reason why he's being helpful... but he raised some good points, I am effectively screwed as a peasant... hmm.

I look at me, "Though I agree, what do you get out of it?"

"Well a friend with a very dangerous person?" He answers, so in exchange for his help for politics he wants me to be friends with him?

 [World Summoner] a pair whom call each other friends would be rather threating to those that try to mess with either of us... but this is a mutual defense... Hmm...

"So you want to have what? A mutual defense pact?" I asked, he looked at me with wide eyes... I don't remember being so good in regards to reading people...

"To put it bluntly yes." He answers, "But their is nothing wrong with trying to make a friend?"

"True." I reply and asked, "Did you have a wired dream last night?"

"What do you mean?" He asked me.

I go silent since I didn't want to completely fuck myself, "Nevermind, random thought."

 …

We walked in silence as I was both looking at the buildings of the Merchant and Noble District... 'High-middle ages?' I thought... then stopped. 'What?'

I shake my head, and think back to what those five women had told me, "Don't trust your world... trust your new one..." I softly muttered...

I blink a few times. Images and dates flashed, 1445 the fall of Constantinople... I looked back at the buildings again, the architecture was very similar... but why do I feel like I'm walking through a museum... 'The fuck is a museum?' I asked myself and new information flashed... 'Oh a building in which objects of historical, scientific, artistic, or cultural interest are stored and exhibited.' I answered myself...

I stopped in my tracks causing the three other people to look at me with Ruder tilting his head at me...

"Daman what's up?" He asked concern was evident with a hint of worry?

"I, I fine... just had a bad feeling." I answer, as I scratch my head.

"Nervous?" Ask the man behind me, it was the first time I heard his voice.

I nodded, he claps me on the shoulder and whispers, "Don't worry kiddo, the Imperial Academy is nothing compared to the Knight's Course." He laughs.

We keep walking and I think about the five girls specifically... but was met with information that said that they were anamorphic humans of their respective nations or groups...

Helena, Mila, Dizzy, Katyusha and Nao are humanoid versions of their nations? That would explain why their eyes and hair in some cases changed or flashed like they did...

I think about their nations in specific.

Mistake were made, as wagon load after wagon load of information bombarded my mind all at once...

'STOP!' I shouted internally and the information stopped, but my steps had staggered and I nearly collapsed to the ground as I had to use my scythe to help me remain standing...

"That isn't nerves now... what is it kid?" Asked the man behind me...

"I'm not sure..." I answered and slowly reached around me with my limited knowledge of Mana and tried to heal myself, but it stopped instantly as their was no need to...

"I think he isn't use to the smell of rich people." Ruder says and points at a bunch of noblewomen with some rather strong perfume...

I nodded to that since I only staggered from info nuking myself... 'nuking?' Images of two cities that were completely devastated flashed... 'Oh... Ohww.' 

I shake my head and stand up properly and we keep walking... during that time since my stagger I thought about my world in regards to what I can do...

By instinct I knew how to use my [World Summoners] Gate or Portal, while I would need to actually talk with my representatives to learn what I had truly gained.

Hmm...

I look up as we reached a gate house into the inner quarter of the noble district...

The guards stopped us and damned to know why there were two heavily armed men and two armed children trying to enter the inner noble district.

"We are on business with the Imperial Academy." Said the front man, "To interfere would enter the wrath of Dean Lucca-Val'Cula."

"Don't care." Said the man who looked like the guard captain... he looked like a roman legionary from the images from my world... hmm. "I said to identify yourselves and you have not. So your under arrest for carrying swords without being landed nobles or mages." He drew a sword and his fellow guards drew their Axes and hefted they heavy looking shields.

The man behind me and Ruder grabbed us, and tossed us behind himself and drew his own sword or was it a Claymore?

"Run." He orders us and turns to face the gate guards, "No one would dare to mess with the Imperial Academy."

Ruder takes a step back, but stops and draws his sword... "Can't behind us."

I look behind us to find more of the city guard was here... and they were ready to fight.

I brandish my Scythe and start channeling my Mana into my weapon to ensure that is won't break during combat...

 …

'Why?' I asked myself.

"Want a hand?" Asked the five voices, the five women...

I nodded, "Then here is your chant, 'I Request Reinforcements.' Say that while thinking of us and plant your hand on the ground."  The five said.

I dodge a incoming slash from a War-Axe in using my scythe's extra length a sweep his legs sending him to crash into the ground.

I instantly followed as instructed and planted my hand onto the ground and shouted, "I Request Reinforcements!" Thinking about the five.

I felt a large amount of my Mana leave my body and it started forming several images flashes...

Below me a circle was forming and it soon coalesced into a door? It looked like a sturdy looking Oak with metal plating.

But when the door opened a small figure dashed out and pounced onto the guard I had swept onto the ground. Within her left hand she did a movement and a blade appeared, in a reverse grip and brought it hard into the neck joints in the guards armor...

The next one was a figure in white with her sword glinting off the sunlight as she dashed to the nearest man to me and only regained his senses just as she raised her sword up and they clashed but with her left hand she drew her sidearm firing three shots into the man's gut before reholstering it and pulled the man to the ground by grabbing his collar.

The next three stepped out with Helena and Mila taking a knee and Katyusha standing over them.

"FIRE!" Katyusha ordered, she aimed at a city guard Captain and her rifle cracked in double time sending the man to the ground and fired at the next man, both with two predominate holes on their armor, both within close area on the man's breast plate. 

Her shots happened every time she pulled the trigger... but when they pulled their triggers their shots came in threes and fours...

I my head pounds, and I feel something hot and wet touching my lips, I lick my lips... Blood? I touch my upper lip and find that I'm an bleeding from my nose...

"Kat cover the commander." Mila orders as she gets up from kneeling and moved in front of my and drew a blade of her hip and affixed it to the end of her weapon...

"Watch yourself jerry. She might bite." Helena says. And Katyusha makes and noise with her mouth the sounds like a rabid animal attack...

-WAHM- 'Fuck... my head...'

I lean myself using the shaft of my scythe and my legs shake...

"Down we go." I hear Katyusha say and just as my legs give out she lowers me... looking up at her her bedroll across her body was missing... but I found it as she laid my down on it...

-Tic tic tic tic! Tic tic tic!- Helena's weapon roared her challenge and brought down two more guards...

"He has already awakened his world?" Muttered one of the men escorting us...

...

'Why does my head hurt? And why am I bleeding?'

This time my thoughts weren't answered by flashing images and words...

...

"Comrade close the door." Katyusha commented...

'Oh yeah...'

I stop feeding the trickling Mana that was still heading to the door and slowly the door closed and disappeared along the Summoning circle that I had been within for the last few minute? Or was it hours...

The headache I had been feeling had eased but my head still hurt...

Mila looked over Katyusha with Helena forming up beside her and fired both ways.

...

The sound of flapping wings and heavy clanging of armor echoed from both sides of our little street battle...

I look down the road... I saw men in full plate from head to toe but unlike the men escorting us they had a face mask that was more intimating as they used skull painted on them along with the Imperial Eagle adorning the chest plate, and the Wyverns above us had similar iconography on the cloth that was on their torsos...

"Stop fighting..." I weakly say, "Don't shoot them." I gesture at the new arrivals, said new arrivals were the Imperial Guard along with the Flyer Krop.

The five take a defensive formation around me... while doing so they reload their weapons.

"Kat. Status?" Mila asked.

"I don't know... his nose had stopped bleeding, but unless we have an actual medic here." She replied angrily, but what she was implying did get conveyed...

... 

"Cease all fighting and drop your weapons NOW!" The Imperial Officer shouted, and a wave emanated from the man and every person it crashed into were forced to drop their weapons. As the wave crashed into the City and Gate guards they instantly dropped their weapons, while the two men escorting us seemed to sheath they swords before the wave his them, but Ruder was force to drop his... 

But when it hit the five they shivered but they aimed at the man taking note of his ornate looking headdress and assumed he was an Officer.

He looked at me and my protection... "I sai-!"

"We heard you and it's a no!" Dizzy shouts back...

Helena and Mila move closer to the buildings near us with the later aiming up at the rider of a Wyvern rider that was above us and the former was aiming ahead at the squadron of Imperials...

The Officer looked at them then at me and he sniffed the air? He helmet tilted before he spoke again, "Your a [World Summoner]?" He asked pointedly and adding to his point was his sword gestured at me...

"I guess." I answer, I point at Ruder, "So his he."

The Officer looked at me and Ruder...

-Cough, cough-

The Officer snaps his attention upon the man that was leading us... "Yes?" The Officer sounded incensed.

"I with my partner are on official business on behalf of the Imperial Academy, when the Gate Guards tried to have us arrested for owning swords and brandishing them in public." The man explained carefully, "And before this happened we were just heading back to the Academy to drop of these two new students, whom are [World Summoners]."

The Officer seems incredulous, though I have no idea since I can't see his damn face... 

"So he has awaken his Mana while the other hasn't?" The Officer asked and sheathed his sword.

"We believe so." He answered, "But we are unsure why his Mana is so strong..."

I feel my drumming headache subside, just as several more things flashed.

-

[System has been Awoken]

[Status Available]

[Must open the Status to continue]

-

'Status?'

-

[User Status]
Name; Daman-Ras'Cala

Gender; Male
Level; 1
Class; World Summoner

-

I sudden surge of energy enter my body... and the headache subsides completely... though I can still feel a tugging sensation on my mind, I grimace and grab my scythe using it to push myself onto my feet... An urge of anger and the willingness to shout at someone and that Imperial Officer was the closest.

I look at the Officer and state, "I want to know why, I a [World Summoner] was attacked! And even told that we were going to the Imperial Academy!" I hiss harshly at the Officer and the rest of the men around me.

The Officer and his men are taken aback at my harsh words. I continue "Why were you so late?"

The Officer straighten his back, "My-my Lord Magus Summoner, we only detected the large amount of Mana from our Main Barracks within the Inner District moments ago." He answers stammering at first.

"An excuse?" I wonder aloud, gesturing up at the Wyvern riders. "But they could have been here since the start of the fight? Wouldn't those animals have been able to hear the clashing of arms?"

The Officer tilts his head, "No since the riders and their Wyverns were being fed at the time, and as I stated we only detected the large Mana usage which is why we came." The Officer reaffirms.

"Bah." I play off as a pissed noblemen, "All I'm hearing is an Officer covering his ass from the Block."

The air turns tense as I mention the Block, the Block meaning the place were you rest your neck for the executioner. And that isn't an idle threat, he had already called my a Lord Magus Summoner... I title I knew about since they are the ones that folklore loves Lord Magus blank...

Realistically I could do nothing since I have no real power, but he doesn't need to know that.

The Imperial Soldiers feel as I with five girls behind me drop the weight of their nations auras on them.

Some are clearly unsure what to make of this and ready themselves for combat...

...

I stare down the Imperial Soldiers and they do the same back...

-Clap clap clap... clap-

"Excellent." The Dean of the Imperial Academy said, as his form takes shape from shadows and several people also appear... He wore really costly looking robes embroidered with dozen of intergradation patterns that seemed both alive and not, the lights seems to be absorbed my those patterns that are based on creatures of the night but their patterns stopped move as he seemed to stop channeling his Mana through them.

"What is the meaning of this?" Ordered the Imperial Officer.

"A... test if you will. I wanted to see what would happen if confronted with thee unknown."

"What?" He shouted confused.

Mila leans near me and whispers, "He wanted to see what would happen 'when push came to shove', I think he wanted to see if you would kill." I had to agree, but what was the point then? I glance over at the dead guards... I pinch a guilt for a wasted lives enters my heart.

The Dean spun on the spot and looked at us, "Who said that?" He asked surprised, he ignored my Summons not believe that they could think on their own could say something so smart. "Did you say that to yourself?" He asked walking to me, "I knew it." He muttered to himself and nodded at his own genius...

"Now boys we have much to do, lets head to the Imperial Academy post haste." He said to us, then told the Imperial Guards to leave while he and his buddies takes over our escort to the Imperial Academy...

2